• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7951

I can't enter the game after activating it. :( Refreshing only gave me 3D error msg. :( I run Opera. How can I switch back ?

DEXTER1

Merchant
Download Chrome with Opera. Login with Chrome, deactivate HTML5, close Chrome, uninstall Chrome. Log back in with Opera.

I can't enter the game after activating it. :( Refreshing only gave me 3D error msg. :( I run Opera. How can I switch back ?

DeletedUser7951

Thank you for the help, I managed to switch of by using ff. Not tempted to test it for a while

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Logged in with the HTML5 client. Took me a couple tries. The animation speed is faster giving the impression that the game might be running faster but then i went to do stuff and the response time when it needs to load info from the server wasn't so great in GE (a few seconds to load an army window or fight result). Of course, then i switched back to the flash client and upon attempting to continue GE after the first fight i had to wait a solid minute+ for the server - so I'm gathering this might not be a normal time in terms of responsiveness (live game is also having similar problems for me today).

Pafton

Viceroy
The transition from Flash to HTML5 is indeed a great decision by the dev team. With Flash, I have to wait for a minimum 2 minutes for the entire city to load. Even then it is extremely difficult to play GE and the continent map.
Without Flash, so far the game has been pretty smooth and fast and I hope that it remains so.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Tried a bit more with it (Chrome 64.0.3282.140, i5-7400, geforce gtx-1060)

Most screens seem to run quite well - but the GvG maps seem to have a bit of a performance issue - particularly while all the arrows pointing out landing zones are bouncing it's hard to scroll around the map (clearly hitting a performance bottleneck) - after putting up a siege and getting rid of those arrows it's tolerable on my machine - but still noticably struggling to scroll than other screens - and on lower end PCs might be unusable. I imagine since it's those animations posing a problem that similar to the flash version it might also see performance degradation when a guild is speed clearing a sector similar to live.

qaccy

Emperor
Hot diggity, it's finally happening! Really been looking forward to this and can't wait for it to be ready to replace Flash completely!

DeletedUser7779

I have mixed impressions so far....some things like collecting run smoother and quicker.
But (not sure if it's only in my head), i think troops move slower now when fighting manually. I did 4 manual battles in GE and I had the feeling enemy troops needed a whole eternity to move until it was my turn. Will run some more tests when I get back on PC.

DeletedUser6514

HTML5 was my knowledge was made specifically for GVG but it jerky even more like before .. so negative

just give it time guys, it's hardly beta-ready yet, and we'll still have to wait like 6 months for it to be really live-ready, but good progress so far :D

DeletedUser16

HTML5 was my knowledge was made specifically for GVG but it jerky even more like before .. so negative
That's absolutely not the case :). FoE needs to drop Flash in order to be able to continue its existence as a game playable in browser after 2020.
Let me quote the very beginning of the announcement:

While Flash has made the internet a better and more friendly place, it is a very old technology, and the original authors of the Flash Player have decided to stop working on it by the end of 2020. This means that in order to make Forge of Empires playable beyond that point, we need to move away from Flash.
To achieve that, we have promised to create a Flash-free version of the game, using the HTML5 technology.