• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7951

Yes, and thank you for that, otherwise I hadn't been able to deactivate HTML when it caused errors for me

Achaeus

Marquis
I have mixed impressions so far....some things like collecting run smoother and quicker.
But (not sure if it's only in my head), i think troops move slower now when fighting manually. I did 4 manual battles in GE and I had the feeling enemy troops needed a whole eternity to move until it was my turn. Will run some more tests when I get back on PC.

Same here along with multiple out of memory crashes. GE definitely needs some more work to function smoothly with HTML5

DeletedUser8316

So far it's much worse than Flash. The GvG map is basically unplayable. The landing zone arrows bounce in synchronized slow motion. Using Opera, haven't noticed any real improvements anywhere.

DeletedUser8755

I have been using it since it opened, and the few things I have noticed:

1) It does lag: I have not done any GvG yet, but with PvP it hesitates alot.
2) Same with collecting from my city
3) When it works, it does seem smoother.
4) I cannot access the Campaign Map

DeletedUser4282

Nice to see Inno gettin stuck into HTML5. I'll be reading this part of the Forum with interest!
However I'll wait a few more month before trying it! :)

DeletedUser1279

I am very impressed. I have had no issues so far, but I did notice that in events, it says that (player's name) has polished (or motivated) a building, but does not say which building was done. Other than that, I love playing without the "Flash has crashed" messages.:)

DeletedUser

The option should not display on any other browser, only on Chrome and Opera.

So it seems I misunderstood how this would be implemented. In fact the option to activate HTML5 will display on other browsers, it just won't do anything. Even if you select it you will still get the Flash version of the game. For now anyway.
My apologies for any confusion.

DeletedUser5882

The messaging is weird.
The enter command seems not to work at first because the text cursor still appears on top. But when writing further it becomes clear that it is only a visual bug.
The same when I click after a word in any of the lower lines. The indicator appears on top row but right above the intended spot.

Aside from these, some common commands like "home", "end" or using ctrl+right/left arrow keys that helps skipping the cursor by words back or forward do not respond with their usual functions.

For example, when I press "end" key, the whole line is selected. I did ctrl+c and then ctrl+v and the text that was highlighted by the end command was indeed selected because I managed to paste it.

ctrl+right arrow key should allow my cursor to jump over the words by my each click. instead it moves only letter by letter. So my suspicion is that the ctrl function keys and other function keys are not recognized by this html5 or the FoE html5

Edit: Found that a bug report was already submitted regarding the cursor position issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5882

♥ that changing to fullscreen no longer requires confirmation!!!!
It was something that bothered me for a very long time.

DeletedUser7262

i am sure in the future it will be a great thing but at this time it drags my game out

DeletedUser7239

First thing i did when i enable it.
I went to gvg and guess what..very very very very bad.. this is a sidenote from starters..

Why don't you open html5 beta test to Firefox, i test it and it work fine...
18021407582865144.jpg

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-02-14 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

LastWarrior

Regent
you cannot copy and paste anything now it comes up as an image
Also the reoccurring quest gives up and goes blank every now and again

Yang10

Marquis
Hi, I've noticed the text when you hover the mouse arrow over any good on the Market, displays the "good" tab a bit differently than before. See:
Sin título.png

DeletedUser7246

HTML5 version not working properly on Chrome on mobile (city is black, only roads are displayed). But Carnival Event works :D

My Chromium is Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)
Not Mobile! Samsung notebook.

And My town and GE are black too, so I even can't check GE :)
In town I can see roads, and stars, and sleeping icons, and icons of ready goods and resources, so I was even able to collect everything.
Visiting friends and guildmates - the same result, completely black town with roads and icons of GBs/

But in GE I can see black map where it's solved and foggy map where it isn't.

Checked a General map with teriitories - it's not black, started a fight - oh my God, even starting is much slower than in flash, and the battle itself was painfully slow, like ten years ago on the slowest computers. Clicking on "autobattle" gives me a red "Results" button immideatly, but my troops continued very-very slow battle. But it was working though. Finished successfully.

Switching to technology tree is also very slow.

The only thing that was faster - is harvesting goods and resources.

miSc

Steward
Unless you intent to include firefox in the future, I won't be playing this game.
It may be that chrome and OP are the two most used browsers, but that don't make them the best.

Chrome is a magnet for malware/virus like (explorer / EDGE), not to mention it's Googles own little spy tool ;)
Firefox is by far the better browser in terms of usability, versatility, stability, security and general code.

DeletedUser8277

Unless you intent to include firefox in the future, I won't be playing this game.

Zarok said:
First of all, we need to mention that the first Beta version is really only playable under Chrome and Opera. Why is that though? The reason is that HTML5 is basically handled differently from browser to browser. So don't worry if your favorite browser is neither of the two :). We decided to make sure it works well on at least two well-known browsers, and then go from there, covering also other remaining major browsers over the coming period.