• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Achaeus

Marquis
Tried running the HTML5 version again and it is like we are back at square one! Bad graphics, slow, won't even talk about how bad it is to fight in GE. Switched back to flash, again.

1.124.14c57ed986 (05.04.2018 8:24), Achaeus (127556), zz1, en_US, WIN 29,0,0,113, Windows 7, Opera 52.0.2871.40, 1920x911, OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser16

Tried running the HTML5 version again and it is like we are back at square one! Bad graphics, slow, won't even talk about how bad it is to fight in GE. Switched back to flash, again.

1.124.14c57ed986 (05.04.2018 8:24), Achaeus (127556), zz1, en_US, WIN 29,0,0,113, Windows 7, Opera 52.0.2871.40, 1920x911, OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)
Thank you for reporting. Could you check again, now that the daily deployment is done?

On the battle screen all the units are continually moving forward and back, its only a slight movement but not very good on the eyes.
Just a follow-up: this was reproduced and will be fixed :).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

HTML5 is now the default engine on all browsers except IE and Edge. For the most popular browsers there are certain minimum primary versions where HTML5 will launch:
  • CHROME: Version 27 and above
  • FIREFOX: Version 30 and above
  • OPERA: Version 15 and above
  • SAFARI: Version 9 and above
Please note that this is only a technical requirement. We do not recommend using outdated browsers. It is always best to use the latest stable version of your browser.

We are looking forward to your continued feedback, so please keep it coming :).

DeletedUser6863

@Zarok Dai does "HTML5 is now the default engine" mean that when you log in it will always load HTML even if you have it turned off in the settings?

DeletedUser7246

Tried running html5 a minute ago - everything is black and slow. GE is Black again.
and city appeared again, fast and beautiful, by the way. Have no problems with city.(P.S. animation of city is off)
- that was 2 days ago. Why it's broken again?
Chromium Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)

DeletedUser16

Tried running html5 a minute ago - everything is black and slow. GE is Black again.
- that was 2 days ago. Why it's broken again?
Chromium Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)
It shouldn't be broken, especially if it already worked fine before.
Could you provide the screenshot of the city, as well as copy/paste the data from Settings -> About (Copy to Clipboard)?

DeletedUser7246

It shouldn't be broken, especially if it already worked fine before.
Could you provide the screenshot of the city, as well as copy/paste the data from Settings -> About (Copy to Clipboard)?
Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit) - that's a full copypaste, chromium doesn't show me anything else about itself.
Everything became broken yesterday, between my morning and evening logins.
FoE-city-2018apr06.png FoE-GE-2018apr06.png

DeletedUser16

Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit) - that's a full copypaste, chromium doesn't show me anything else about itself.
Sorry, I meant the settings screen in the game itself :). So when you click the little gear icon:
gear.png
Then, you can go to the tab called "About" (again, in the game itself), and hit the "Copy to Clipboard" button.

Thanks!

DeletedUser7246

Sorry, I meant the settings screen in the game itself :).

1.124.e9b051513e (06.04.2018 8:27), Liselotta (110271), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Linux , Chrome/64.0.3282.167, 1366x622, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser16

Thanks a lot :). We will investigate further.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Achaeus

Marquis
Thank you for reporting. Could you check again, now that the daily deployment is done?

Just a follow-up: this was reproduced and will be fixed :).

Bryfft, gave it another whack, but not seeing any noticeable improvement. Sat in 20 Taverns and had to reload the game. 3 manual GE battles and it was down to a crawl, had to reload the game. Screen transitions in GE are taking 5 or more seconds after a reload, and gets worse as I play more. Did not get the chance to try aiding. The graphics colors are dull and lifeless too! Maybe that is just the way HTML5 looks?

1.124.e9b051513e (06.04.2018 8:27), Achaeus (127556), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 7, Opera 52.0.2871.40, 1920x912, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser7942

and gets worse as I play more
Because RAM continually gets filled to the rim with brim the longer you play with the more stuff you do. I get to somewhere over 2.5GB and it crashes.

An example after only about 10 minutes of just opening closing various parts of the game.
HTML5-v-Flash-RAM.gif

I'm not seeing any difference between the two in regards to graphics but maybe my eyes are getting old.

Flash-v-HTML-graphics.gif

DeletedUser6911

I have noticed when aiding players that my list of people in neighborhood, guild and friends disappears, this can happen up to 4 times per collection. This occurs most days. Also, I am now unable to copy and paste messages in the message thread

DeletedUser

I have noticed when aiding players that my list of people in neighborhood, guild and friends disappears, this can happen up to 4 times per collection.

I tried to reproduce this but couldn't.

DeletedUser7693

Hello,
My config :
1.124.e9b051513e (06.04.2018 8:27), Gros Beta (124275), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Mac OS X 10.13.3, Safari Version/11.0.3, 1440x816, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 1.0 (2.1 INTEL-10.30.14) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (1.20) (512 MB VRAM)
With HTML the typography is almost illegible and the colors are less pleasant (as leached) ... For the rest, it seems to work. I go back to the "normal" version. Thank you for your work.

The animation for change to Bronze Age take 1mn to appear with HTML5 on my computer...

=> I unlock "Tribal community" then i can do nothing, window frozen and 1mn later the changing age animation appear... so bad...

1.124.88068727b3 (09.04.2018 8:22), Prom d Exolandia (170787), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Firefox/59.0.2 (64bits), 1830x978, OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8807

Coming back from vacation I've noticed that I have automatically HTML5 on Beta. Okay... I wanted to try it. Well It's SLOW loading, doesn't want to turn off, Freezes up much too often and takes forever to come back on again, cannot switch-over to another world without freezing everything up, mouse does not want to work correctly, takes forever to go to GE or world map, market idems don't want to scoll correctly, doesn't change from one subject (ex: friends to marketplace) to another quickly. Graphics are good and clear. I play on PC windows 7 Chrome and my fan sure comes on alot, Didn't Honestly have any problems with Flash, Hope you get the bugs out soon, I like Beta.

DeletedUser7951

Game stopped working on Opera yesterday, demanded Graphic accelerator to be enabled. No idea why, as it was working a couple of days before that. Couldn't find how turn on, so switched to FF. Game is very resource demanding. Freezes, reloads, freezes. I do have other tabs up, and it's my personal opinion a game like this should handle a few tabs open. In order to play Beta I had to turn to the app, which I find tedious switching between my main server and Beta.

So unless this is getting changed relative quickly, I'll be giving Beta a miss. Too much hassle. And it really must be addressed before going to live. This game can not be played fully on just the app imo.

Latest version of FF, Opera and Win 10, Not sure what else of tech spec is needed.