• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - HTML5 on Beta

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7951

I take it it won't be fixed quickly then :( Flash wasn't all good either. Was about to give Beta the wave back then. Flash struggle when I have another flash tab open and switches, and last time I tried, horrible on FF.

Game stopped working on Opera yesterday, demanded Graphic accelerator to be enabled. No idea why, as it was working a couple of days before that. Couldn't find how turn on, so switched to FF. Game is very resource demanding. Freezes, reloads, freezes. I do have other tabs up, and it's my personal opinion a game like this should handle a few tabs open. In order to play Beta I had to turn to the app, which I find tedious switching between my main server and Beta.

So unless this is getting changed relative quickly, I'll be giving Beta a miss. Too much hassle. And it really must be addressed before going to live. This game can not be played fully on just the app imo.

Latest version of FF, Opera and Win 10, Not sure what else of tech spec is needed.

DeletedUser6863

Has the option to disable HTML5 been removed or has it been moved somewhere else. Am I to assume that I am now playing HTML5 version as the 5 in the right corner has also gone.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Has the option to disable HTML5 been removed or has it been moved somewhere else. Am I to assume that I am now playing HTML5 version as the 5 in the right corner has also gone.

The option to disable/enable HTML5 is still availble in your settings.
The 5 in the right corner has been removed as was announced here, so you will have to go to your settings to see whether you are playing HTML5 or not.

DeletedUser6863

I had to log out and log back in again before the option returned. Thank you

DeletedUser16

Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit) - that's a full copypaste, chromium doesn't show me anything else about itself.
Everything became broken yesterday, between my morning and evening logins.
Hey there :).
Is anybody still experiencing the problem presented by @Liselotta in her post (black/missing city background)?

DeletedUser7246

Don't know about anyone else, but today I was brave enough to switch on HTML5 again and everything became even worse then it was last time.
FoE-start-screen2018apr18.png
FoE-city-2018apr18.png
FoE-GE-loading-2018apr19.png
I was able to close this window only because my hands remember where the [X]-button should be
FoE-GE-2018apr19.png
FoE-GE2-2018apr18.png
FoE-settings-2018apr18.png

At least it was very easy before today to turn off Html5. Today this checkpoint of menu was not in the place where it should be. I was out of his window, and I was a bit scared that I wouldn't find a way out of html5. But though it was not in its place, it was still working, thank you at least for this.

1.125.be36bbd1ee (18.04.2018 15:45), Liselotta (110271), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Linux , Chrome/65.0.3325.181, 1366x622, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser

Don't know about anyone else, but today I was brave enough to switch on HTML5 again and everything became even worse then it was last time.

Everything you posted there are likely browser cache issues. Please clear your browsers cache and try it again please. If you are unsure how to do that I am happy to assist you, thanks :)

DeletedUser7246

Everything you posted there are likely browser cache issues. Please clear your browsers cache and try it again please. If you are unsure how to do that I am happy to assist you, thanks :)

Tried to clear cache. All those printscreens didn't change in Chrome. Maybe I did something wrong, so I need your assistance.

Tryied to run html5 FoE in Mozilla Firefox on the same system - happy to say that there are no such black squares and everything looks fine, green and shiny. But I don't like Firefox, It's working too slow. I'd prefer FoE working fine in Chrome.

DeletedUser7942

Could you open the following pages in Chrome and see what they say:
http://webglreport.com/?v=1
http://webglreport.com/?v=2

Are you getting "This browser supports WebGL 1" and "This browser supports WebGL 2"? And - if it's not too much to ask - if you could screenshot them, that would be also great and potentially very useful.
Just wanted to try that myself, hmmm, interesting, I have no idea what that stuff means but I got the red on WebGL 2, perhaps might explain some issues I get as well, idk.

web2.gif
web1.gif

DeletedUser7942

So I went to see if I could activate WebGL 2 in Google Chrome and could not find a setting to enable 2.0 rather just WebGL Draft Extensions so I figure what the heck and enable it.

enable WebGL.PNG

So after collecting from city and doing Aid then looking through some GB's I get this crash (note the memory as well);

snagorama.PNG

my rig is old though so that could be it.

1.125.701ef5fa1b (20.04.2018 8:28), Harold the Purple (135223), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 7, Chrome/65.0.3325.181, 1379x975, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

RAM: 6 GB
CPU: Intel i7 920@2.67GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (Driver 342.01)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6863

I am also getting the same as SloppyJoes. The screen goes black and 'Rats WebGL hit a snag' message comes up. When I click reload it does reload it but this is happening every hour or so in HTML5 atm.

DeletedUser6484

Anybody getting warped looking graphics or items out of place lately?
j84hob

Wishing wells appear stretched and outside of city.