• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser6795

Good afeternoon this new system of message is not the better id like the old versio please remove this new system

RedRed

Viceroy
Good afeternoon this new system of message is not the better id like the old versio please remove this new system

As stated before:

I also have to say that obviously the change to the new system will not be reverted for a very important reason: the old system can't work with mobile and the new one can (and will). Hence big yes to improvements, but no to reverting :).

thus you can only ask for improvements/changes...

The Sent Messages section of the old message system was invaluable for finding messages in the stream. Please restore it.
Thank-you.

DeletedUser6589

Feedback on new messaging

The messaging is very different and I will have to use it for a while before I can give full feedback, however, my first thoughts are - I don't like having to do 4 clicks to delete a message when in the past I only had to do one.

Its very 'click' heavy

DeletedUser6589

Yeah the 'left the conversation' messages make the conversation difficult to read - it all seems a bit too clunky at the moment!

DeletedUser6021

This new message system is AWFUL!!!!. Please, please put it back the way it was. You can't follow conversations, I spend ages looking for a ongoing conversation with someone, but to no avail. I love this game & most of the time the updates are great, but really this isn't one of them :(:(:(

DeletedUser4811

Here's a suggestion or two...

I like the ability to permanently leave a message. But it would be nice if I could do that without having to actually open the message. For example, if the message title says "GvG Fight in CA" and I'm not involved in GvG at all, I'd like to remove myself from that conversation right from that screen, without having to open the message.

Bring back the "Delete message" button. This would work in such a way that I can delete the message without actually leaving it. This way, if someone else posts there later, that message would reappear in my inbox again.

DeletedUser2752

Another con:
The only way of replying to a group message is by going back to your city to the message system (old way you could "write message" to someone, but just click on the inbox tab and go to the message you want to reply to). It was very useful when you have to go to someone's city to report the stats of a GB (or state your donation in a GB club), or helping them out with their city (in a guild message).

And another pro:
Seeing the player name in the preview. Once the list of participants in a group message is available, this would be even more useful :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6592

The ability to send messages to just the entire neighborhood or just friends would be a welcome addition, i often run promotions on my GBs

DeletedUser4446

Open the door to massive amounts of unwanted spam from neighbors and friends, about GBs I'm not interested in? No thank you.

DeletedUser

For the love of all that is good on this planet, please oh please, do NOT notify message leavers in the inbox.
Only show them when opening the thread, if even necessary.
And also find a way to show message members.
Cheers

DeletedUser4792

Feedback On The New Message System

I know the devs want to hear more than complaining. I hope they would like to use some feedback.

I'll start off with a little rant and then I'll go to say what I'd like changed and some improvements.

I TOTALLY HATE this new system!! The new white background is TOO BRIGHT!! It's hard to read the messages when you're looking at a big white box. Where is the delete button?

What could be changed to make this a better system:
- Change the background color to a softer white (like that we have on the Treasure Hunt window) IF you insist on changing it from the perfectly fine wood background.

- Bring back the delete button. I am a guild leader on my main server and I spend TONS of time in mail. If I need to go through and leave every message I get to delete it, that is going to be a PAIN!

- Bring back the ability to have more than one private message with a given person. I have multiple personal message with leaders or allies about different topics. If these are forced to merge into one continual message, it will make things MUCH harder!

- If you must change the messages to look more like an IM, I guess that's ok... But PLEASE make the players name bigger and place it under, OR next to, their avatar. It makes it really confusing if there are multiple people with the same avatar in the conversation...

- Bring back subjects for personal messages. It seems like a step back not to have that...

- Bring back the ability to see who is in a conversation. EXAMPLE: This has happened on my main world. An enemy guild was wanting to do "peace talks" with us. They put together a message and sent it to our leaders in a group message. HOWEVER, they included the leader of our arch enemy guild in the message... It was not until a few days later that one of the other leads noticed that that guy was tacked on. Right now, I could do that here and nobody would be able to tell.

- I don't want to get a fresh message telling me who has left the message. Keep the notification in the message, but don't alert me of it. Also, don't show it in the preview. I want to see what the last person posted NOT if somebody left the message.

Other Ideas:
- It would be cool for guild messages (messages to the whole guild - not leaving anyone out) to display the guild flag next to the message. For a group message, it displays the group of people talking around a table, for a personal message, it displays the other person's avatar.

- Drafts would be nice. I would REALLY use that feature!

Things I actually like:
- I like that it tells me how many new messages there when I open it up. That's a handy feature.
- Not too much else... Please work to make this better!!! I spend a TON of time in messages and so far this "fix" is more hampering than helpful.

DeletedUser6293

Sorry Inno ... but new Message System.. is... disaster... After this update i dont have any chance to find useful information.. only xy player left the conversation...
Result : i dont read any messages more...
Please modify this to "old" look...
Thank you in advance :)

vesgouo

Baronet
I know the devs want to hear more than complaining. I hope they would like to use some feedback.

I'll start off with a little rant and then I'll go to say what I'd like changed and some improvements.

I TOTALLY HATE this new system!! The new white background is TOO BRIGHT!! It's hard to read the messages when you're looking at a big white box. Where is the delete button?

What could be changed to make this a better system:
- Change the background color to a softer white (like that we have on the Treasure Hunt window) IF you insist on changing it from the perfectly fine wood background.

- Bring back the delete button. I am a guild leader on my main server and I spend TONS of time in mail. If I need to go through and leave every message I get to delete it, that is going to be a PAIN!

- Bring back the ability to have more than one private message with a given person. I have multiple personal message with leaders or allies about different topics. If these are forced to merge into one continual message, it will make things MUCH harder!

- If you must change the messages to look more like an IM, I guess that's ok... But PLEASE make the players name bigger and place it under, OR next to, their avatar. It makes it really confusing if there are multiple people with the same avatar in the conversation...

- Bring back subjects for personal messages. It seems like a step back not to have that...

- Bring back the ability to see who is in a conversation. EXAMPLE: This has happened on my main world. An enemy guild was wanting to do "peace talks" with us. They put together a message and sent it to our leaders in a group message. HOWEVER, they included the leader of our arch enemy guild in the message... It was not until a few days later that one of the other leads noticed that that guy was tacked on. Right now, I could do that here and nobody would be able to tell.

- I don't want to get a fresh message telling me who has left the message. Keep the notification in the message, but don't alert me of it. Also, don't show it in the preview. I want to see what the last person posted NOT if somebody left the message.

Other Ideas:
- It would be cool for guild messages (messages to the whole guild - not leaving anyone out) to display the guild flag next to the message. For a group message, it displays the group of people talking around a table, for a personal message, it displays the other person's avatar.

- Drafts would be nice. I would REALLY use that feature!

Things I actually like:
- I like that it tells me how many new messages there when I open it up. That's a handy feature.
- Not too much else... Please work to make this better!!! I spend a TON of time in messages and so far this "fix" is more hampering than helpful.

4713065+_7b64b79ae3d986a43a63a480af8bfe09.gif