• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Down Kit Yeah

DeletedUser7239

Hi, dear devs, i have a sugestion:
For the ones that still fights on gvg, why not build a down-kit?
I have an AF champion retreat, i want to change it to other era, ie.future, why not build a item like this? :D

Cdriver

Farmer
I like this idea. I've been thinking the same thing. It would be nice to be able to lower a goods building. That way I could have goods from era's past.

Sl8yer

Regent
I like this idea. I've been thinking the same thing. It would be nice to be able to lower a goods building. That way I could have goods from era's past.

It doesn't occur to you that you can BUILT a goods building from era's past? How the hell do you downgrade an A.I. Research Center? What is it supposed to be in the Future? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser7239

It doesn't occur to you that you can BUILT a goods building from era's past? How the heel do you downgrade an A.I. Research Center? What is it supposed to be in the Future? :rolleyes:

I think he meant bazzar and luau per example xD

Sl8yer

Regent
So it is a kit with just one purpose.There are no other buildings that you want to downgrade and I doubt if there are many players that will actually want to use it. It really doesn't add anything to the game. If you want to keep the champions retreats from previous era's, don't throw them way. You have a storage kit.

DeletedUser5641

well, if you use your bazaars only for fp production, a bronze age bazaar needs far less population ;-)

DeletedUser7649

So it is a kit with just one purpose.There are no other buildings that you want to downgrade and I doubt if there are many players that will actually want to use it. It really doesn't add anything to the game. If you want to keep the champions retreats from previous era's, don't throw them way. You have a storage kit.
Okay so say you want to be active in a few eras of GvG that you already passed, say for example: EMA gets a champs retreat and wants to fight in IA for a while, couldn't have gotten one sooner (Assuming started immediately after Summer event). They have no way to fight IA with champs, and I don't think it would affect the game massively to allow someone the ability to fight in a lower age with champs of that age. Additionally the comments about the bazaar and luau downgrades I think are completely valid, this would affect more than one building.

Sl8yer

Regent
Okay so say you want to be active in a few eras of GvG that you already passed, say for example: EMA gets a champs retreat and wants to fight in IA for a while, couldn't have gotten one sooner (Assuming started immediately after Summer event). They have no way to fight IA with champs, and I don't think it would affect the game massively to allow someone the ability to fight in a lower age with champs of that age.

If they want to fight in that age they can do it without champs. Why should it be made easier for them. They already have the advantage of having GG's that give them more power over IA players. If it does not effect the game massively if they can fight with champs it also will not effect the game massively if they fight without champs.

Additionally the comments about the bazaar and luau downgrades I think are completely valid, this would affect more than one building.

It would effect them in a bad way. Players should not be allowed to downgrade their bazaar to BA, so it will use less population.

DeletedUser7649

If they want to fight in that age they can do it without champs. Why should it be made easier for them. They already have the advantage of having GG's that give them more power over IA players. If it does not effect the game massively if they can fight with champs it also will not effect the game massively if they fight without champs.

It would effect them in a bad way. Players should not be allowed to downgrade their bazaar to BA, so it will use less population.
1. Not sure what a GG is, would appreciate it if you could clarify :)

2. So explain how that would affect the game in an adverse way.

(1 &2 correspond to the two parts of your response because I still can't figure out how to split someone rely into two quotes.)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Just to point out there have already been similar discussions, might want to have a look at the comments there. This one is basically the same suggestion. This one is similar, though without the use of a kit for downgrade.

Sl8yer

Regent
1. Not sure what a GG is, would appreciate it if you could clarify :)

2. So explain how that would affect the game in an adverse way.

(1 &2 correspond to the two parts of your response because I still can't figure out how to split someone rely into two quotes.)

1. Sorry, should be GB.

2. I think I did.

DeletedUser7649

1. Sorry, should be GB.

2. I think I did.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification:

1. Age is no barrier to gbs, attack or otherwise. It is foolhardy to assume that an EMA person will have more/higher levels on their attack gbs than someone in IA.

2. You addressed the two buildings:

a. Champ Retreat: You only comment here was neutral in its analysis, you didn't say it would be good or bad for the game, only that it was unnecessary.

b. Bazaar: One comment here as well, and there is no explanation for your point of view. The only thing stated was that "It would affect them in a bad way." without delving into ANY analysis about the impacts, nor a list of specific harms to the game/players.

Sl8yer

Regent
1. Age is no barrier to gbs, attack or otherwise. It is foolhardy to assume that an EMA person will have more/higher levels on their attack gbs than someone in IA.

Foolhardy??? It rather ignorant to assume they have not. They have had

2. You addressed the two buildings:

a. Champ Retreat: You only comment here was neutral in its analysis, you didn't say it would be good or bad for the game, only that it was unnecessary.

b. Bazaar: One comment here as well, and there is no explanation for your point of view. The only thing stated was that "It would affect them in a bad way." without delving into ANY analysis about the impacts, nor a list of specific harms to the game/players.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/39227/

DeletedUser7649

`
Foolhardy??? It rather ignorant to assume they have not. They have had

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/39227/

lol

1. "Ignorant" to assume someone at the end of EMA, ONE age above IA will have higher level attack gbs? LMAO what game are you playing? Sure they might be a tad higher couple levels at most in general, but not enough to make a substantial difference.

2. That link doesn't address ANYTHING I brought up in my last post xD Please try to actually craft an ARGUMENT against the idea, complete with examples and impacts if it's not too much trouble ;)

Sl8yer

Regent
1. "Ignorant" to assume someone at the end of EMA, ONE age above IA will have higher level attack gbs? LMAO what game are you playing? Sure they might be a tad higher couple levels at most in general, but not enough to make a substantial difference.

That seems to be your general argument for everything. Nothing makes a substantial difference. Fine, we use that cause in that case there is no need for that kit.

2. That link doesn't address ANYTHING I brought up in my last post xD Please try to actually craft an ARGUMENT against the idea, complete with examples and impacts if it's not too much trouble ;)

Read the text.

DeletedUser7649

That seems to be your general argument for everything. Nothing makes a substantial difference. Fine, we use that cause in that case there is no need for that kit.

Read the text.

Lol here we go again:

1. Okay fair point here, except you misinterpreted my point. "I don't think it would affect the game massively to allow someone the ability to fight in a lower age with champs of that age..." My point was that the game as a whole would not be adversely affected, but in the individual gameplay of INDIVIDUALS it could make a world of difference. For clarification: when I say no impact/minimal impact I am talking about on the gameplay as a whole, not on individual aspects.

2. "It would effect them in a bad way. Players should not be allowed to downgrade their bazaar to BA, so it will use less population." No impact here, hence not an argument. (You gotta explain why reduction in population costs would be sooo bad for the game that this idea shouldn't be implemented)