• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

I like it. But why wasn´t this announced anywhere?
Are there other changes / additions to DC?
I wonder as well, this is already announced on Live for next week.

Also how does it select if you get 2 waves and if it gets a A/D bonus? I could guess and say perhaps it bases it on the players A/D bonus but would like to know.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Also how does it select if you get 2 waves and if it gets a A/D bonus? I could guess and say perhaps it bases it on the players A/D bonus but would like to know.

Well more consistent with the rest of the game (although less interesting) would be that it's simply based on age of the city and what you 'should' be able to handle by then. Perhaps with some variance (like other tasks) depending on whether it's supposed to be a small/medium/large task for the day.

Lionhead

Baronet
Well more consistent with the rest of the game (although less interesting) would be that it's simply based on age of the city and what you 'should' be able to handle by then. Perhaps with some variance (like other tasks) depending on whether it's supposed to be a small/medium/large task for the day.

I did one yesterday ad again here today.
To me it seems it´s an exact copy of what you might encounter somewhere in GE3 / GE4.
The one today was defenitely one I have met several times on the very first Meeting on GE4.

DeletedUser7951

To me it seems it´s an exact copy of what you might encounter somewhere in GE3 / GE4.
Not to me, to me it was more what I's meet as 2nd wave in GE1

But I do not fight here on Beta, so perhaps my poor fighting stats and low age influenced ?

I don't think it's based on the player's bonus because I got "defeat this very large army" and it was two waves with A/D bonuses, and all I have for a bonus is measly level 6 Zeus. I only got halfway through the first wave and had to surrender. The reward was three special units, but I already lost two rogues on the first attempt and it would no doubt cost me much more if I were actually able to successfully complete the task. Obviously, I will just ignore any daily challenge that includes this element.

I did one yesterday ad again here today.
The one today was defenitely one I have met several times on the very first Meeting on GE4.
I agree. At least GE level 3, if not 4. I can't fight that far into GE even on my live server cities. Here, it was a complete joke.

DeletedUser8807

Honestly.....Just lost 16 units and that was with using an attack bonus....! too costly for a more than likely lousy prize. Who ever suggested this one is probably the same kind of person who contiunely attacks me then steals my goods and is already richer than most = not nice at all!!!

DeletedUser6863

I like the new DC of defeat this large army etc. Just one question could you confirm whether it is supposed to count in the win x amount of battles without losing or win x amount of battles. I have just defeated the large army and it didn't count that battle. Thank you.

DeletedUser8859

I think the two waves will count as 1 victory for the win x number of battles.

DeletedUser6863

Unfortunately they do not count at all for either win x amount of battles without losing or win x amount of battles. They are stand alone battles.
Reply from Senior Ingame Mod. This challenge is not part of the game as a whole it will only acknowledge PvP campaign or GE battles.

DeletedUser7529

Too bad standalone battles do not replace challenges on campaign map as it was stated on changelog.
I still received daily task to conquer sector on campaign map, other day it required to negotiate on campaign map too. And I'm already on modern map while being in early progressive era :(

DeletedUser4381

DC is going the way of the Tavern... Useful at times, but often ignored. There are at least 3 elements that guarantee I skip the day, and lots of combinations of reward/challenges that mean it's not worth it.

Fairy Lily

Steward
As we get all kinds of new items throughout the year, shouldn't DCs be updated to add in New treasure boxes to choose from? It seems like they are stuck in last year summer and have since not improved...

DeletedUser8150

Yeah I got this one today;

View attachment 3223

Which I guess is similar to GE4 http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions

I've not paid too much attention tbh. But the last one I remember (live not beta) was I think a medium army @ 100% A/D for my OF city which didn't seem high as GE is 260% at the end of lvl 4.

I agree with the above I'd like some new prizes. Any way to give guild power or something different. Since we dropped the penaulty for missing a day I skip them any time I don't like the prize.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Inno could work on a schedule to add to the Daly Challenges a new chest (or two) every year. Buildings from an event finished one year ago, or 18 months ago could be then added as options in the new chest(s). They started the DC's with Cherry Garden sets, then continued with Elephant Fountain and Marajah Palace sets. Good.

Maybe by December 2018 or January 2019 to add a new chest(s) with of Halloween Event 2017 and/or Christmass Event 2017 set
pieces ?

DeletedUser9135

Please leave any feedback related to daily challenges in this thread.
You can find the announcement with details here.
Improve Daily Challenges
Everyone has the upgraded maypole. Please substitute the following:

Tholos of idols upgrade
Cherry garden upgrade
Pilar of Heros upgrade
Cider mill upgrade
Wishing well shrink kit

Many people were not able to obtain all the necessary upgrades from past events. The daily challenge would be the best way to offer an opportunity to get those upgrades.