• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8859

Improve Daily Challenges
Everyone has the upgraded maypole. Please substitute the following:

Tholos of idols upgrade
Cherry garden upgrade
Pilar of Heros upgrade
Cider mill upgrade
Wishing well shrink kit

Many people were not able to obtain all the necessary upgrades from past events. The daily challenge would be the best way to offer an opportunity to get those upgrades.
After a determined amount of time after the event where the upgrades were introduced, Inno should introduce them in the DC. Not sure if after a year could be a good period. Then, since the event where the Tholus of Idols is just finishing, I would not expect to see the upgrades until next summer, or later.

DeletedUser8277

I experienced a situation on my live game last week which made me think the newer defeat this army may be impossible under certain circumstances.

I had moved up from PE to ME on Sunday. Though I did try to play through the quests enough to get some unattached ME for DAs while in PE I was not able to get any ME troops early. I moved up before the start of GE specifically to get ME UA's to use as my DA before the hood change last night.

On Monday my challenge was to defeat this very large army, 2 waves of ME with 80% boost (If I remember the boost correctly). I don't think very many players at all would be able to do that with last eras troops. You cannot use a bunch of FP packs to unlock the military, they wouldn't build and train in time. You cannot get them from GE on a Monday. I do remember the idea of the DC was so it would not be impossible and while with my boost I don't have issue taking on ME with PE on the Cmap, I think this set up would be impossible for the great majority of players out there. It would only be possible with a massive boost, not with any actual fighting skill.

I would actually really like this type of challenge if it were done in a very different way. The troops you fight with being supplied for the game along with a boost that isn't your own and the abilities of AO/Kraken disabled. It would force people away from their comfort zone of rogues or autobattle, the pairings would be tested in advance so it is known this is possible to beat even if very challenging. The eras of either side would be random. You may find yourself fighting in IA in one, in AF in another. Even if you have never been in those eras. I think it would be more interesting as a fighting simulation and less of a real fight. It would at times be more challenging, and more challenging for those of us who rely on our GBs in other areas of the game. Of course thats just an idea and would be a very big change but I do think some of the battle scenarios should be looked at to determine if they are possible and for what percentage of players.

I will say that because of the changes of not removing a point being unable to complete this challenge did not bother me much. I really think this was a great change. I thought I would like it when it was just an idea they tossed out there but now that it has happened I find myself doing DCs far more than I used to. I suppose I had gotten more frustrated doing something (which is usually a deterrent to what I want to be doing in game) for the small daily trinket I usually didn't care about. When I figured there was no point because I probably would not find tomorrows or the next days worth while and would just lose my progress to the prizes I really wanted at the end. Because of that I would only do a DC if I really wanted what was being offered that day (which was rare) or if a DC was something I was going to be doing anyway that day. Now I go out of my way far more often to do them because I know eventually I will get to 7 even in something pops up tomorrow I will want to skip.

Because of the not losing progress change I think it is okay that a challenge be tipping its way towards impossible for most, but still thought it important to share if that wasn't the intention.

DeletedUser8859

The DC is not impossible to complete, just very very difficult for the first day in the era, without any military units of the era. You did not mentioned your attack %. Previous era units with an attack % way over 80% may defeat the ME 80% with correct strategy. How high the % has to be not sure.

DeletedUser8946

Over the last 2 months (more or less) I managed to finish all of my Daily Challenges.. I tried to pick the ones that would give me 1) event buildings 2) something else that was not event building but fp or resource.

I managed to get 10 Mahajara's Palace set. 9 out of 10 gave me 10 fp pack. 1 was Bandar Playground.
I managed to get 12 Elephant Fountain set. 11 out of 12 gave me another 10 fp back. 1 was Memorial.

I have all the pieces from the last year's event to put 4 in my city. I need the Fountain and Palace items (4x4).
This game instead insists on giving me 10 fp packs.
Either I'm very unlucky or DE doesn't want us to get these event buildings.

And no, I dont need those production buildings, military drummers, coin packs ...

As for the "defeat this very large army", it's almost always an army similar to "GE Level 4" and I have around 150%+ A/D.
That's "impossible."

Hope Inno finds a way to make us feel lucky before we find another game to p(l)ay.

DeletedUser8859

As for the "defeat this very large army", it's almost always an army similar to "GE Level 4" and I have around 150%+ A/D.
My same impression. Difficult not impossible for a player in the era, with correct units, attack % and strategy. However, for the first day in the era, without the units... then high attack bonus to compensate previous era units.

DeletedUser8277

The DC is not impossible to complete, just very very difficult for the first day in the era, without any military units of the era. You did not mentioned your attack %. Previous era units with an attack % way over 80% may defeat the ME 80% with correct strategy. How high the % has to be not sure.
To be fair I said it was 'tipping the scale towards impossible for most' I do think there are some out there with a high enough boost to do it. However then I think it's more a 'have you power leveled your attack GBs challenge' than a 'can you fight' type of challenge.

My boost is 129/96 I also used a tavern boost but I don't remember which. I'm not going to say my boost is high but it's not super low either. AO was useless for the fight obviously. I do think there are some people out there with a high enough boost that could have won it. I just think the devs should ask themselves how high of a boost should be required for a daily challenge.

It seems more people will enter a new era and have this issue than those who enter a new era and have a high enough boost to not be affected by it. An assumption sure but it's how many people with a super high attack boost V how many people change eras with the randomizer for this quest to show up. Or even one of the lesser armies but of course if I was going to get one the first day it was going to be the worst one =)

Overall I don't think it matters much. Missing out on 1 day with the new configuration of not losing your previous progress makes an occasional 'impossible to you' challenge okay in my book. I just wonder if this was the intent or an overlooked reality.

Side question about boosts: Is there some guide or something showing about what your boost should be in any given era? I always look around my hood to see what other people have by comparison and typically their GBs are much lower than mine. Though I don't know of any guide or resource other than my neighbors I can use to have an idea of where my numbers stand or where they should be before moving up.

Andi47

Overlord
24_times_4_hours.jpg

Seriously, Inno?

To which of the following minorities do you think that most of the FoE players belong?
* "eternal" students (time for playing "forever", no "need" to care about anything else)
* Lottery-jackpot-winners (♫ no mor need for working nine to five ♫)
* Scool-kids which ambition to become president of Schlaraffia?
* Workless people?

Well - the FoE-Players are a sufficiently large sample of people to have some chance to find one or two members of at least a few of these groups among them, but I doubt, that these groups represent a significant percentage of the FoE-Players.*)

I think that the majority of us needs to go to work every day (well, except on weekend and in the much-too-short vacation) - and I am quite sure that the majority of our bosses are "not amused" when they see us logging in on the smartphone to collect/restart the next cycle of 4-hour-productions.

Solution: Forge of Blacksmiths - but is this really the style what Inno intends us to play? Or.... well, getting out of bed at midnight to collect / restart productions? *yawn*

*) Disclimer: I DON'T want to insult any of the FoE players - I just want to point out that I have the impression that Inno is wrong about how they estimate the available time (and overestimating the available daytime for logging in) for playing for most of the FoE-players.

Hint: What might work on the alpha-test-speedservers (collecting 4-hours productions every 4 minutes, when I estimate time in the "viking"-videos correctly) will probably not work in reality. Most people need to work at daytime - and want to sleep at night.

Zolhex

Merchant
I can agree it gets excessive at times and I find I skip quite a few daily quests as they are a bit much and/or require me to fight (which I suck at I prefer to play this game as a city builder game)

Also yes it would be nice to build other things vs. having the 32 blacksmiths I have up.

DeletedUser7529

With addition of new challenges (fighting / negotiations) I was hoping challenges requiring you to build blacksmiths in future era will be removed. Seems I was wrong and Forge needs blacksmiths.
Daily Challenges really should allow skipping 1 task - ie it should ask to do 4 out of 5 required tasks to complete.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Daily Challenges really should allow skipping 1 task - ie it should ask to do 4 out of 5 required tasks to complete.

Also possible:
You get X tasks to choose from. To finish the challenge, you have to do X tasks.
For each completed task, a more difficult/more expensive variation of the same task will pop up (if possible - not always a given with sector tasks).

So technically, you could finish the challenge with doing one type of task only - if you can handle the increase in difficulty/cost...

housemouse

Squire
Screenshot_6.png
@ Andy: unsolvable for me. I do not imagine 30 blacksmiths :-(

Hint: What might work on the alpha-test-speedservers (collecting 4-hours productions every 4 minutes, when I estimate time in the "viking"-videos correctly) will probably not work in reality. Most people need to work at daytime - and want to sleep at night.

I see it the same way

DeletedUser9265

Now two days in a row I got a part of the daily challenge to conquer 5! sectors. Please Inno remove that or lower it to just 2 or 3. I think even 3 are too much. If I would always conquer this much, I would be in the postmodern era instead of the progressive...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Now two days in a row I got a part of the daily challenge to conquer 5! sectors. Please Inno remove that or lower it to just 2 or 3. I think even 3 are too much. If I would always conquer this much, I would be in the postmodern era instead of the progressive...

As was already said often enough... If you do not explore or at least do not have any unfinished provinces when starting the Daily Challenge, it will not include sector tasks!

But I agree, having to get 5 sectors in a task is quite a lot in comparison to other tasks

Zolhex

Merchant
See the thing is taking sectors and learning a technology in any quest is something some people do not want ever. It makes some players feel as if they are being forced to advance through the game. I myself would much rather learn a technology or take a sector/province at my own pace instead of being told you must do this now if you want this reward.

DeletedUser8410

Plenty of things to DO to earn the reward other than learn a technology or take a sector/province
If you're talking about Daily Challenges, I've never seen it ask me to do a tech. As for taking sectors, you can solve that by not having any provinces scouted. Then it will not ask.

Same for tavern boosts - if one's running it won't ask. And if you complete guild expedition before accepting the challenge, you won't get GE quests either. I do all 64 on first day for this reason. If you accept the challenge then it asks you to use goods in GE, and you complete it anyway, it won't autocomplete the quest.

That was painful to find out. I can fight all 64 lol, no sense for me to waste goods.

Andi47

Overlord
Once again:
THIRTY_SIX_times_4h.jpg

SERIOUSLY, INNO????

I thought, 24 times is much - but thirty-six times is CRAZY!! MOST OF US HAVE A JOB!! And most of us are NOT in the gaming industry!!!

Edit: I just destroyed my goods building for this:
Forge_of_Blacksmiths_2.jpg

...Forge of Blacksmiths!!!

Last edited: