• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9734

I doubt Inno would rig this event in beta. The whole idea of beta testing is for them to see what is working and what isn't. Many of us have opened 30 plus chests and gotten just one Piazza piece or even none at all. That's because the %age chances of getting the grand prize are way too small. Highest %age chest is 13%, most are less than 10%. This makes the odds very high that you'll not get the grand prize after opening dozens of chests. I'm very surprised they haven't fixed this yet.

My prediction is that at the end of this event we'll all get rewarded a few Piazza set selection kits. Let's keep hammering the point in that the odds suck.

Feanor II

Baronet
I doubt Inno would rig this event in beta. The whole idea of beta testing is for them to see what is working and what isn't. Many of us have opened 30 plus chests and gotten just one Piazza piece or even none at all. That's because the %age chances of getting the grand prize are way too small. Highest %age chest is 13%, most are less than 10%. This makes the odds very high that you'll not get the grand prize after opening dozens of chests. I'm very surprised they haven't fixed this yet.

My prediction is that at the end of this event we'll all get rewarded a few Piazza set selection kits. Let's keep hammering the point in that the odds suck.

I agree with this, but as far as priorities go I think restoring the direct-buy option must be #1, and it's not even close. There's no question that there are several ways to improve the Carnival Event, but getting direct-buy back would go further than any reasonable re-balancing they might do.

DeletedUser9522

First I was sceptical about the event wtih the double chance and to get the 5 pieces and the 5 upgrades.
Now, after having 10050 florins spend and opening maybe between 40 and 45 chests I am confident to get the set complete with all updates.
I have 3 buildings and 4 upgrade-kits, so I will need maybe 2 more from the chests and 1 selection kit I get from completing the quest.
Should be doable.
After reading the comments here, I am not sure I am that lucky on live servers.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Just a comparison to last year:
Grand Bridge upgrade was available in one chest @680 florins with 20%. Statistically this meant that about 13600 florins were needed for the 4 needed upgrades

This year we will need 8 pieces from the chests for the full upgraded set. In the mean, the Chests have about a 10% chance for the special and cost about 200 florins - this leads to about 16000 needed florins (rough estimate). There are 16 more quests (about 2000 florins + 40 tickets more) than last year and quest rewards (at least of the earlier quests) give significantly more florins - also there are 3000 extra florins in the milestones and the event runs about 2 days (or even 3) days longer (48 more tickets).

Total florins to get (minimum):
7000 (26 quests x 250 + 500)
5500 (milestones)
6590 (if all tickets are used in the 100% game - 21day x 24 +135 from quests + 20 from milestone)

A total of about 19000 florins even without any gambling.

So statistically speaking it should be a lot easier to complete the set this time than it was to complete the bridge last time. Also I want to add that I had no trouble getting the needed upgrades last year - but maybe I was lucky.

Still, I also would like to see selection kits (for each building) instead of separate building and upgrade specials - because what sense does it make to gamble for the upgrade if it is not yet sure, that the basic building will be won.

Also, from a game theory point of view, everybody should only play the 5% game. Since it adds 15 florins to the pot, every ticket is worth 15 florins (+5 florins from the starting 100) instead of 10 florins with the 100% game or 10 florins (+7,5 from the starting 50) with the 15% game. But the payout is probably better distributed between players if only the 15% game is played...

Last edited:

hddk

Steward
Just a comparison to last year:
So statistically speaking it should be a lot easier to complete the set this time than it was to complete the bridge last time.

Yeah, statistics by Inno :) 5000 florins spent for about 25 chests, 1 upgrade won... Cool... Now I have to collect another 5k florins for a next piece or upgrade :)

BTW, I don't have completed Grand Brigde, Pillar of Heroes, Cherry Garden lvl 2 on live servers. Always bad luck? And now the same story. Waste of time.

DeletedUser8119

I'm afraid I could only get 1 completed Grand Bridge in one of my 4 worlds (with diamonds), best I could get was level 4 on the other 3 worlds. So some of you have been very lucky or I am one of many unlucky players. Similarly I have 2 worlds I could only get level 6 Pillars. Hence, my scepticism that the outcome will be any different this time around. This particular event is no fun for me, although I am getting through the quests as best I can, but not sure what special prizes I have missed when I can't log in. Have rogue shrink kits come up yet?

DeletedUser9265

After or during the last events Inno told that "everyone should be able to obtain the grand prize on max upgrade without spending diamonds".
As far as I know, there is no grand prize this time, so we could see the piazza set as the grand prize. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
But as far as my experience with this event goes, we WILL need to spend diamonds, if we want this set just on base level.

So please Inno, what changed in these few days since the forge bowl event? Are the sharehoulders not happy anymore with the sales?

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Dear InnoGames,

I would like to give you some idea of how bad this event really is. Except for a period when I had no internet access, I have played on this server for over 6 years now. During all of that time I have never once failed to complete an event and have always secured the "Grand Prize".
This time I have absolutely zero confidence of being able to achieve that. Having already spent nearly 8000 florins and always taking the highest chance offered (10%+), I have won precisely 0 special building pieces or even upgrades. The chance therefore of me being able to acquire the 8 additional pieces to make up an acceptable grand prize is extremely slim to say the least. Will it be worth me spending diamonds on the live server to try to get a "full set"? - I rather think not. Additionally the omission of "bridge" upgrades to augment those residing in my inventory from last year, suggests that the current event items will also not be available in the future either. There is little point therefore in taking the best I can get this time and hoping to be able to complete it at some later stage. All in all, a huge disappointment from one of my favorite events and one that completely destroys any motivation to open my wallet.

Feanor II

Baronet
After or during the last events Inno told that "everyone should be able to obtain the grand prize on max upgrade without spending diamonds".
As far as I know, there is no grand prize this time, so we could see the piazza set as the grand prize. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
But as far as my experience with this event goes, we WILL need to spend diamonds, if we want this set just on base level.

So please Inno, what changed in these few days since the forge bowl event? Are the sharehoulders not happy anymore with the sales?

If this is the case, IDK what they're trying to do. My own FoE spending started going up last year during the Forge Bowl, Spring, and Soccer Cup events, peaked during the Summer Event, and now I'm on the other side of the bell. Obviously I can only speak to my own experience though; I have no idea what IG's overall numbers are.

I'm very much looking forward to the Spring Event to see what they do. Hopefully they'll do Cherry-Level3. That will certainly increase my FoE expenditure lol (I have 14 Level2 sets across my Live servers). I really hope it's not another new building/set of buildings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9506

I can't really say much about this event. I've gotten two building upgrades for a building I don't have. XD lol that actually cracks me up a bit. I mean... If I could use one of the upgrades to actually receive the base building, it'd be nice. I have the mask vendor, which was a reward from the quests. I also have a Ren mansion, which is nice. So, at least I've gotten one base building. Most that I've spoken to haven't gotten even that much, even after 8k to 10k event florins being spent. Could there be smaller chests with base buildings that we could buy? I'm not sure there's an issue with currency here. I think it's just the unrealistic drop rate of these pieces. It feels like you never get much for what you are spending.

btw >.> I'm still in Amateur rank, but I'm cool with it XD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9410

If i compare this to the Forge Bowl, at least Forge Bowl had a very good grand prize, and decent daily and other prizes. i would do Forge Bowl a dozen times over ( as it was before it was started on live servers ) rather than do this 1.:eek::(

DeletedUser7503

a terrible event. IF you hadn't noticed inno most people have already taken down their cherrry blossum sets because there isn't a whole lot of bang for the buck. This event has a similar set but odds of getting all the pieces are tiny which is really stupid since buying more turns doesn't really improve your chances.

Not likely, since Cherry set pieces are available in the Daily Challenge, so it's not like a player can't get a complete set.
I'm boxing up my cherry set, if I get all the base pieces for this new set. Better rewards than the cherry set gives you. Besides my cherry set is only a level 1 set and they have yet to release the level 2 upgrades in the daily challenges.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I'm boxing up my cherry set, if I get all the base pieces for this new set. Better rewards than the cherry set gives you. Besides my cherry set is only a level 1 set and they have yet to release the level 2 upgrades in the daily challenges.

I don't doubt that some players may be doing/have done away with their Cherry sets, but when one takes into account how many players are on all of the servers, even if a thousand players have made this choice, that's not most. That was all I meant.