• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9564

I dont have luck in this event.After opening a lot of chests, buying diamonds with money, i won 9 victory towers,1 venice canal, 1 renaiisance mansion, 1 piazza mask vendor, and that s all. finishing 38 quests. in real server i will not spend diamonds for this event. :mad::mad::mad:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm boxing up my cherry set, if I get all the base pieces for this new set. Better rewards than the cherry set gives you. Besides my cherry set is only a level 1 set and they have yet to release the level 2 upgrades in the daily challenges.

Personally I'd use both. Cherry set even at level 1 is still more efficient than most options. 5 FP in ~30 squares including road for the simple level 1 set. Plus attack bonus, culture, goods. I actually run an overlapped level 2 set on all my worlds - and hope to do the same with the piazza set as well which while slightly worse at level 2 imo (lower attack bonus, same FP, more goods) is still an amazing set. I also still consider the cherry blossom chest in daily challenge one of the more motivating to complete it since I would place extra level 1 sets if I got them.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Inno, please, pretty please, do something about the lack of an alternative quest for #28 Scout a province. I'm done with this event if this is our only option.
Agreed, if there are no Grand Brdige upgrades and with the bad chances of completing the set, I see no reason to complete the quests. Scouting a procibnce I would only do if the grand prize is almost assured and really good. Otherwise, without an alternative, I'd not do it.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I remember there was a ot of negative feedback about this event last year as well. I think hoewever that is a type of event that gets people to spend more diamonds than for other events. Not because of the grand prize, but because people want the prize pot if it is all full and plump. If you have spent all your tickets trying to get it, and not succeeded, the impetus to spend diamonds for a few extra tickets is great. So while the event is not popular, it is probably a good moneymaker.

DeletedUser9522

This time I have absolutely zero confidence of being able to achieve that. Having already spent nearly 8000 florins and always taking the highest chance offered (10%+), I have won precisely 0 special building pieces or even upgrades.
Unfortunately that is not the best way to maximise your chances for the Special Prize.
upload_2019-1-22_3-19-58.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9541

If Inno does not add an alternative to "Scout province" they should keep track or how many Beta testers they lost because of it and the negative impact it will have for future use. If they want people to think this Inno carnivals reflect real world carnivals in ripping off people, then they may accomplish this purpose. Gaining extra coins at other players' losses is what gave a sour taste to last year's event for me.
Offering building upgrades before the actual building offering can discourage players and clutter the inventory. (The "build or upgrade" option cards were useful previously).

housemouse

Squire
I think it is not possible. You get either the upgrades or the buildings. Both are probably impossible.
I've already spent over 8,000 florins and got about 3500 diamonds for the tower. No way and I've also explored a province. Very annoying. As fun as it is to steal the Florins from the neighbors. That with the chances in the chests is absolutely bad. This event I will not play. I'm not stupid and buy diamonds to not get the set.
What a shame, it would have fit very well in my Venice corner.

ArianX

Merchant
Only been playing for about six months, so can't really comment on past years events.
So far, like many have already stated:
- Six hours rotation won't do for me, I work 9 hours and also sleep more than six hours.
- Getting upgrades before buildings, so far I got the mask vendor from line quest, and 3 upgrades for other buildings I don't have and probably will never have. No lvl 1 buildings except for the vendor. The set looks nice, but trying to get it is way too frustrating. I give up, It feels like I'm adding more things to inventory in the hope that one day they'll be useful, but that might also never happen.
- Got to the scout province quest, given the amount of victory towers, boosts, x minute rush, plus the upgrades for buildings I don't have... well, ain't gonna happen, rather save that scout option for an event I might actually get a full set or fully upgraded prize.
- Guess my neighbors got tired too, cos the games only show base prizes, well, can't blame them.

PS: By reading the comments I think I'm actually lucky cos I got 3 prizes, + venice canal, bad thing is they are useless unless I get another 3 prizes that aren't upgrades. So far spent about 9000 florins if someone's wondering/

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The 18% that you refer to in the fighters chest is for each of the 5 troops offered = 90%. The special building piece is only 10% making the total up to 100%

Also noticed the special chance on Falerist's was wrong in his list (actually 10% and one of the better ones not 7% and one of the worst)

DeletedUser9522

The 18% that you refer to in the fighters chest is for each of the 5 troops offered = 90%. The special building piece is only 10% making the total up to 100%

Also noticed the special chance on Falerist's was wrong in his list (actually 10% and one of the better ones not 7% and one of the worst)

I do not know, if I was typing it wrongly or sorting, but I have it corrected.
View attachment 3799

DeletedUser9608

I agree there should be an alternative to "Scout a Province". Also agreed the chances for the prizes could be tweaked up a bit.

I like that the prizes change every few hours, as long as most of them are a rotation of the event buildings/upgrades. When they only rotate daily you quite often get only one chance to get the prize during the event.

With that being said, since there are so many pieces and upgrades, and since you have a generic upgrade available, why have the specific upgrades at all? The set would be a lot easier to complete if you had to get the 5 specific pieces and 5 generic upgrades, instead of 5 specific upgrades as well.

Since there are so many pieces and upgrades it would be really nice if the tooltip included "You have x of these" so I don't have to either keep an outside list or search my inventory to see if I have it yet.

conqueror9

Regent
This is the CRAP event i ever meet in FoE... may be the most CRAP one

the base building do not come from those daily quest
we need to won it from opening chest
i have spend all ticket with double chance on... I cannot won base building....<double chance to get florine to do "double chance>
I continue, purchase plenty of 11 tickets with valuable diamond 3 to 4 times, still do not won
I TOTALLY GIVE UP THIS EVENT

u can won "base-building upgrade" from chest
but u do not have base-building, that upgrade is a useless item

u need "base building" fully function...you need a whole set
but each "base building" is hardly to get from chest

so in-complete set "base building"
it is better just "store" or even worst...discard from inventory

CRAP CRAP EVENT

hddk

Steward
With that being said, since there are so many pieces and upgrades, and since you have a generic upgrade available, why have the specific upgrades at all? The set would be a lot easier to complete if you had to get the 5 specific pieces and 5 generic upgrades, instead of 5 specific upgrades as well.

1 generic upgrade or 5 selection kits (build or upgrade in one) should be OK. Now I waste a lot of time waiting for buildings lvl 1. I don't draw upgrades, because now they are useless for me. But when (or IF) I'll complete whole set lvl 1, it could be too late to win upgrades :D

DeletedUser9666

I have spent 5000 florins so far and won 2 base set pieces. So I have 3. Once I get missing 2, I may start looking for upgrades.

So while the event is not popular, it is probably a good moneymaker.

True. I will generate similar level of frustration as the one last year. So nothing new here. But it will bring much more $$$ because Piazza Set is so loaded with good stuff. And the prizes in between are not bad either.
It should work out for InnoGames just fine.

I think the main problem with this Event, from Inno perspective, is the amount of frustration and discouragement that it will generate along the way, as the event is not such a no-brained (do quest- get main prize guaranteed) as the other ones. Not the best marketing strategy.

Perhaps including some useful "insider" strategies "how to do well" in the announcement window, would allow player navigate it better and not feel so frustrated? Idk...

There is a general shortage of useful, in-game strategies - or even good "Help" explanations across the whole FoE application so asking Inno to create something for this event might be far outside Inno's comfort zone, lol. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ozrencer

Farmer
Hello,

in the middle table (%15 table) I made double chance. I won. Game collected coins but was showing uncollected. This happened two times.