• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Carnival Event 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

If you are wondering where are your pieces - probably I got them. After spending only 3k diamonds I have 18 pieces of set, which gives me almost complete two second level sets. This event is totally unfair, it is all about luck. I will only do it on my main, ignore it on other worlds, not worth the effort.

Luke Stark

Marquis
Hey Zarok :)

after all this feedback, will there be any changes in the event on live servers? I remember last time there was an additional thread regarding an event with all the changes written down, would it be possible to give us overview in regards to this event as it goes live in just under 4 days on the live servers?

thank You

Feanor II

Baronet

after all this feedback, will there be any changes in the event on live servers? I remember last time there was an additional thread regarding an event with all the changes written down, would it be possible to give us overview in regards to this event as it goes live in just under 4 days on the live servers?

thank You

I read that they're going to restore the direct-buy option!

Unfortunately, I then opened my eyes and realized I had been dreaming about a world where Inno wanted me to give them money, rather than the current one. Ah, 2018. Already seems so long ago :(

DeletedUser9537

Hey Zarok, :D

No complaints (because after all its free stuff unless you buy Diamonds and spend them on a beta server...)

But I have to agree the balance was really way off on this one. I'm sure it was adjusted for the live event (hopefully) because if this one had been on the live server? I most definitely would be complaining right now... ;) and quite loudly I'm afraid... :eek:

On another note... I see that when we buy diamonds in the US (at least here in Wisconsin where I'm at) we're finally being charged sales tax :cool: though that 6% is not Wisconsin's rate... Sooo...

But anyway... How many others made out like Bandits when INNO offered up a 200% increase on Diamond Purchases? It was only for a short while... I also didn't see it on the Beta Server... So meybe I should shut up? :p

Thunderdome

Emperor
:cool: though that 6% is not Wisconsin's rate :p
Oh, I am so moving to Wisconsin. They're killing us in California with a variance of 9.5 to 10% tax with none of that money going for anything beneficial.

after all this feedback, will there be any changes in the event on live servers?
More than likely, no. You're better off wishing for a toilet seat made of gold than to hope they (Inno) would make any changes in the few days before the event on the live server; then again, if they had made any changes, it'll probably be for the worse. I am not going to do the event on the live server when it starts, saves me from any embarrassment that might happen.

DeletedUser9537

Oh, I am so moving to Wisconsin. They're killing us in California with a variance of 9.5 to 10% tax with none of that money going for anything beneficial.

Yes, Boys and Girls... Ladies and Gentlemen... I DO have a sick and demented sense of humor...

DeletedUser

thank You

We did extra announcements and feedback threads on the Forge Bowl event because the balancing changes were rather significant and we felt they needed explanation. This event did not get balancing changes like that this time, so any changes were minor.

DeletedUser9265

Now I'm complaining. The changes may be minor, but they're more unfair. As far as I saw on the live servers, the winning chances of some chests got even smaller. So: Sorry Inno, but this time you made a big mess into a bigger mess. That's the way to get rid of your customers and not to get them to buy anything. I thought the "valentines sales" were a bad joke, but this. Sorry, get rid of your sales experts and the people who did made the decision to lower the win rates on the special prizes. Get someone with more sales expertise and brain.

Just hoping that the spring event will be much better. Did I say that I don't like the league system? It tastes like IG wants us to compete who the bigger bank account got.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Good thing I had enough florins saved up (as I only went with the 100% game for the time being (working very much). I call shenanigans! I nearly used all and I kept getting dinky items, so basically, it's a dead horse to me.

I don't even want to think on how the 15% and 5% games really are, but gathering from what I see here, it can't be THAT good.

DeletedUser9541

It seems INNO ignored the numerous comments here and made the "Scout a Province" quest an ultimatum when the Carnival went to the live servers. How many event stoppers will they get there?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It seems INNO ignored the numerous comments here and made the "Scout a Province" quest an ultimatum when the Carnival went to the live servers. How many event stoppers will they get there?

Where is the problem in scouting a province? Worst case, it costs some goods to acquire another province beforehand or to acquire the newly scouted province afterwards. If you are so far on the map, that this is no option (even though, this always is an option as you can "buy goods with FP" from other players), then you already have benefits (e.g. bonus expansions or higher age units) that you have no reason to complain - FoE is in its basics a strategy game and you have to decide: get benefits from completing events or get benefits from conquering the map far beyond your own age.