• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Auto Select for Negotiations

jovada

Regent
It would have been good if the coder had been clever enough to work with professional algorithms that are likely to lead to success - like the foe helper. As it is now, players just loose a lot of goods.

And diamonds if you don't want to start it all over again if not correct after 3th attempt

This is possibly the worst and most useless feature I have seen tested lately. Nobody asked for this, and it's terribly designed. I can't think of a single reason that this is possibly a good thing. It is utterly useless. It is no different than blindly mashing number keys on the keyboard to select random goods and have little to no chance of being successful in your negotiations. This is a blatant attempt by Inno to get players to waste goods.

This is yet another example that leads me to believe the developers of this game do not actually play the game.

What I would suggest (I suppose I should offer something constructive too) is to work in an algorithm similar to what Foe-Helper's negotiation helper uses to suggest or select goods in a way that increases your chances of being successful in a negotiation rather than selecting random goods as it is.

Judging by Inno's track record (e.g. the heal all button that nobody asked for), they will not listen and these feedback forums fall on deaf ears and they will go ahead and implement it anyway and tell us we're wrong.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Before I never negotiated, now I only negotiate the first meeting of GE with 3 choices. (for some castle points).
This button saves me time, it's great.

Okamiris

Baronet
We must consider this novelty as a gain of clicks, nothing else. He will not think for us and fortunately. If you are stupid you will remain so and this random will not change anything. I am neither for nor against, but there is a significant gain for a large part of the community. Maybe not for you, but this gain is real. This gain is poor or useless on GE lvl 4, yes :D (or on GbG 100 of attrition :cool:)

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
I feel this button is not a good idea and should be removed. Negotiations should be done by deduction, not just letting the system randomly fill in the spots.

If it does stay then it should be moved elsewhere, maybe the top of the screen, because it is easily hit instead of the pay and negotiate button. I have almost hit this button multiple times when I meant to pay and negotiate.

It does not matter that it is a terrible idea...The inmates at Inno are running the asylum...

Yekk

Viceroy
We must consider this novelty as a gain of clicks, nothing else. He will not think for us and fortunately. If you are stupid you will remain so and this random will not change anything. I am neither for nor against, but there is a significant gain for a large part of the community. Maybe not for you, but this gain is real. This gain is poor or useless on GE lvl 4, yes :D (or on GbG 100 of attrition :cool:)

wrong....It is useless in any negotiation of more than 3 goods since it is truly random... just another diamond theft by inno

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
wrong....It is useless in any negotiation of more than 3 goods since it is truly random... just another diamond theft by inno
These are the only ones worth doing for castle points.
The result being assured, they are uninteresting so doing them while saving time is excellent.
The others, either we do them as before, or we fight.
You will not spend diamonds, if you click in error it is possible to change the choices before trading.

Yekk

Viceroy
These are the only ones worth doing for castle points.
The result being assured, they are uninteresting so doing them while saving time is excellent.
The others, either we do them as before, or we fight.
You will not spend diamonds, if you click in error it is possible to change the choices before trading.

ROFL... a hand full of encounters in GE1 less in GE 2 which for many are done on Tuesdays are the only ones that a fully random system will finish in the 3 turns. Yes you can buy an extra turn in the tavern which will take random up to 4 BUT for the rest a true random system will get you to the spend diamonds to continue screen.

Players can easily see it is random by just clicking the button a few times closing and not using goods. You will see in a five good encounter 4 of one good being used at times to start guaranteeing extra turns will be needed which do cost diamonds...

Yekk

Viceroy
You can't ask for a reflection for yourself.
Don't use it, you won't get diamonds.
----
I never negotiate with others, I fight, it's very good for me.

corrected "Use it, you will spend diamonds... "

I am glad you fight as it proves my points.

Gindi4711

Steward
There are different ways for implementing auto negotiation:
a) Randomly selecting a combination that is selectedable (can suggest anything as long as it is not a red resource or a resource that already was yellow on that spot), so things like this can happen: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...uto-select-for-negotiations.15130/post-127216
b) Randomly selecting a possible combination
c) Randomly selecting a combination that has the highest chance of solving the negotation
d) Selecting the combination with the highest chance of of solving. If there are multiple options, select the one that is cheapest (resource costs need to be weighted to use coins before goods and goods with high inventory first)

Currently Option a) is used, but in my opinion it is too dumb to be actually useable

Option c) and d) only work with precalculated data as calculation overhead would be too high especially for 4 turn negotations. Also it would need too many developer resources.

My suggestion would be going route b) Otherwise you will be confronted with a lot of bug reports when the suggested solution is obviously wrong.
Then auto select can be used for 3rd round because in round 3 every possible solution has an equal chance of solving.

For round 1 I suggest this optimization:
.) If 5 or more resources are available select 5 different goods
.) If 4 resources are available select 4 different goods + 1 good twice

This can be implemented pretty fast with:
GoodNumber = SpotNumber MOD ResourceCount

Edit:
Another option would to to present the auto select option only in first round and automatically solve the negotiation at the average goods cost.

Last edited:

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
From the button on mobile with the regular random dice you at least doesn't think it's anything else than stupid random select instead of a somewhat smart auto select. As it is now it's just another unwanted button in the game no one wants.

For the first round I suggest offer 5 different goods (or all available goods at least once if less than 5).

But most importantly it's way too stupid, when things like this happens. If it's 100% solvable then just solve it.
Screenshot_20211113-101350_10373f60983ef60744aa0f33c6c57078__01.jpg

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Many criticize this automatic negotiation but will never use it.
After all, auto negotiation is like auto combat, faster but dumber.
So it's a choice.
If Inno began to engage in auto battles with excellent AI such as very thoughtful automatic negotiation, you might as well pay directly to validate the negotiation or authorize the bots.

On the other hand, if the aberrations of automatic negotiation can make players want to think, Inno will have played well!