• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Auto Select for Negotiations

We do have auto battle, so why not having auto or more likely semi-auto negotiation, too? If it is a matter of time (GBG) and vasting goods less important it seems to help at the first glance!

Speakting of time o_O, please do not forget to remove the animation of the goods or give us at least the possibility to switch it of!

Thank you and Happy New Year! :)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
We do have auto battle, so why not having auto or more likely semi-auto negotiation, too? If it is a matter of time (GBG) and vasting goods less important it seems to help at the first glance!

Speakting of time o_O, please do not forget to remove the animation of the goods or give us at least the possibility to switch it of!

Thank you and Happy New Year! :)
Nothing against the idea, but the implementation is horrible...

One way it could work in my eyes was, if the button applied an algorithm similar to the negotiation helper tool. The costs of the negotiation could maybe be doubled in exchange for using the "auto-button" to prevent it from being OP.

jovada

Regent
Nothing against the idea, but the implementation is horrible...

One way it could work in my eyes was, if the button applied an algorithm similar to the negotiation helper tool. The costs of the negotiation could maybe be doubled in exchange for using the "auto-button" to prevent it from being OP.

I agree but don't see why the cost of negotiation should be doubled, negotiate is already more expensive then fighting and even with a good algorithm it will always be slower then fighting auto battle.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
well... the button I proposed would save you time and effort - this has to come at a cost.

It is the same with the auto-fight button. The risk of losing units is most often higher when using the button (unless the fighting% are ridiculously high) - such the cost of using the button is measured in units lost.

It would only be appropriate to have a similar loss for negotiations. In regards to "doubled cost"... that was just a rough guess of what could be appropriate and easy to calculate without having to deal with half goods...

On that thought... there are tons of LB and special buildings that increase your fighting chances (in giving you att/def % and similar) - but there is nothing in that regard for the negotiations - that partially lies in the nature of the negotiation game though as it is (at least in its basics) a game of logic. One way for an LB to work would be to have a chance to repay (a part of) spent resources with X% chance when the negotiation was successful.

Another way an auto-negotiate button could work was to have a certain amount of fixed costs (like on the map) that could be paid instead of doing the negotiation game. The amount of those resources should also be higher than what would typically be spent in the negotiation game.

jovada

Regent
Another way an auto-negotiate button could work was to have a certain amount of fixed costs (like on the map) that could be paid instead of doing the negotiation game. The amount of those resources should also be higher than what would typically be spent in the negotiation game
This i agree could be usefull , but increasing cost by negotiation even with a good algorithm like foehelper often cost you a 4th attempt so you have to pay an additional 10 diamonds also if you don't want to loose all your goods already paid and start over again.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
well... the button I proposed would save you time and effort - this has to come at a cost.

It is the same with the auto-fight button. The risk of losing units is most often higher when using the button (unless the fighting% are ridiculously high) - such the cost of using the button is measured in units lost.

It would only be appropriate to have a similar loss for negotiations. In regards to "doubled cost"... that was just a rough guess of what could be appropriate and easy to calculate without having to deal with half goods...

On that thought... there are tons of LB and special buildings that increase your fighting chances (in giving you att/def % and similar) - but there is nothing in that regard for the negotiations - that partially lies in the nature of the negotiation game though as it is (at least in its basics) a game of logic. One way for an LB to work would be to have a chance to repay (a part of) spent resources with X% chance when the negotiation was successful.

Another way an auto-negotiate button could work was to have a certain amount of fixed costs (like on the map) that could be paid instead of doing the negotiation game. The amount of those resources should also be higher than what would typically be spent in the negotiation game.

I think the main reason we don't see much in that line is that the negotiation feature is a comparatively recent minigame. Very early on the friends tavern which came out around the same time gave one bonus to make it standable in GE - but that bonus has remained only for GE.

A reduced goods cost GB could be popular with some now that everyone has an opportunity to negotiate if they want to - but since we only get 1 GB an age these days, it would probably meet with significant outrage from the "I don't ever negotiate" crowd.

It's also not however really a parallel to fight buildings where they make fights easier and more able to auto so faster... You'd still have to click just as much for the negotiation game.

The trouble with a truly viable auto for goods is just how much better it might be than fighting at that point - it got the 2 advances instead of 1 partly because it's *slow*. If it's no longer slow, then the potential to just make a ton of goods and outperform the most developed fighters is very real. The cost is not that much of a factor as many top players aren't even making the amount of goods they could be because they just don't *want to* negotiate that much - and they already have more goods than they'd need to do what they do want.

---

In terms of our Random-Selection button, as I mentioned earlier, I do feel it saves a few clicks as-is. You just have to use your brain a little to evaluate whether to hit the random-selection button again, or change 1 or 2 goods that it chose poorly. Overall I'd say it can turn round 1 and possibly 2 of negotiation from 10 clicks to ~5 (say ~1-3 hits of "random" + ~1-2 changes of goods to what they should be * 2).

The improvements I think it could use:

1) If you've manually set a good, it shouldn't change it on you - to help with the "I just had my answer entered and then hit the wrong button" grief.
2) I think it could try to not duplicate offers - this isn't exactly the mentally challenging part of a negotiation - pretty much everyone understands by now "first try as many different goods as you can". It's a good default. They'll still gain whatever value there is to be gained by being a skilled negotiator in the later steps when there is something to be logicked out. When little tricks like "I know A wants X, but I don't know what B wants yet of 3 options - so I can offer A one of the things I want to test for B" change whether you have a 67% of success vs 100%.

Aerendil

Squire
And as a quick note: I also forwarded your feedback to make it semi random (for example to choose only different goods in the first round or to select something, if it is 100% clear, that it should belong there).
Only different goods for first round would be nice. I am using the button for the easy negotions at the exploration sites in SAM and SAAB already.
Its faster to hit it 1-3 times and change wrong goods.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Same here, at first, I hated that button but I start to get use to it and in many cases, it's faster to hit it 2-3 times until I get at least 4 different kind of goods and then changes one goods than choose all 5 kind of goods.
also if, in last round only are one place the goods will fit, it is faster than choose then manuelt.
It is still annoying, that you can't sæt it to choose one of one goods if possible, that would really speed up the negotions.
I do believe FoE stil will earn money from Diamond, even if the button did a better job. If negotions become faster and a little easier, more would use negotions = more use of Diamonds.

BigCountry

Farmer
The auto-select Button is one of the few new things I absolutely like....

First three station in GEX I always negotiate - but I never liked to select one by one ...

The auto-select is really nice. If I do not like one position, I could replace easyli

GorrothBeta

Farmer
It's a shame this still hasn't been fixed and released properly.

Like Juber noted, using one of each goods +X to complete the row would be great for the first round of negotiations and would speed what has become a mind-numbing "challenge".

Kind of related, the dev team might also consider adding a toggle to disable the silly animation that happens when goods are placed in their chosen slots. It would make the experience much more faster and far less painful.