• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Auto Select for Negotiations

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Do you at least admit it is useless?
It is usefull in certaint cases: when you have 3 options (or 4 with tavern boost) or less or to choose goods in the second round. And if you don't mind spending diamonds, it is usefull in any case, but that one is not as important.

Please remember: We are on the beta server here. Things are added here to be tested. This feature will certaintly not go to live this quickly, trust me :)
(Yes I know, that you want to bring up the heal all button now, but there it was a bit different, also from some internal standpoints, so it will be handled differently)

Matteozzzo

Steward
It is usefull in certaint cases: when you have 3 options (or 4 with tavern boost) or less or to choose goods in the second round. And if you don't mind spending diamonds, it is usefull in any case, but that one is not as important.

Please remember: We are on the beta server here. Things are added here to be tested. This feature will certaintly not go to live this quickly, trust me :)
(Yes I know, that you want to bring up the heal all button now, but there it was a bit different, also from some internal standpoints, so it will be handled differently)

It's useful only if you don't mind wasting diamonds, you mean...

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
And as a quick note: I also forwarded your feedback to make it semi random (for example to choose only different goods in the first round or to select something, if it is 100% clear, that it should belong there).
Uplifting could help this out. Now just hoping the uplifting part won't become another forgotten child, like the heal all button debate and the many potential solutions.

mcbluefire

Baronet

Unfortunately recent experience has shown us that the beta server is about fine tuning of an idea that regardless of the negative feedback from this community will be released sooner rather than later.

Interesting. ~'Unlike the "heal all" button this doesn't create a direct and immediate reduction of stored diamonds in a player's inventory so it will be given more consideration before moving to live.'~ Is one way to take that communication. LOL. ;) When things are put so delicately it's difficult not to take them as the worst possible meaning.

I feel for you Juber, and realize you can't come out and say anything developed is useless/worthless as that is outside of the scope of your role. Sadly, I have to vote this is an awful idea as implemented as it works against the player and clogs up UI space generating accidental button presses for negative gain for the serious player. At first I thought this was a joke feedback thread that was not in regards to a new actual feature...

It would just be great to see these things referenced to the "new idea" that asked for them and eventually to stop seeing so many non-requested ideas (as far as we can find).

Emberguard

Emperor
More important question is: "Why would you develop it, when it is utterly stupid and does not work at all"?
Why does it not work? We announced it as a random select, it is nothing more, just random.
So you admid it is a stupid addon and not helpfull ad all , why they developed it then ???

Example it's obvious supplies goes in spot 2 but the random selection shows 2x coins
I say what it is: Random. Nothing more, nothing less.
I get that the Developers have made it simply random, but in doing so they've also completely missed the mark on why there was ever a desire for a Negotiation Aid in the first place: be a better negotiator than the user

Inno's version of a Negotiation Aid doesn't need to beat every players negotiation skills, but it absolutely must have some logic to it if it's to have any real use. Random select makes it so likely to fail I'd never be able to use it against an opponent in Guild Battlegrounds once there's any attrition, and wouldn't be worth utilising in Guild Expeditions either.

If random is the best they can do then I'd rather they introduce the Continent Map negotiation instead, and increase the price of goods comparatively to what you'd expect a successful manual negotiation to cost. Each good x 5 (cause there’s 5 negotiation slots) would be the absolute worst possible outcome, so that could be the basis for a continent map style cost

Last edited:

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well, now that I have had a chance to use it a few times, I like it. I especially like that I can push the button multiple times to get different selections.

The button really speeds up the early negotiations. While It doesn't fully automate the later negotiations, it does occasionally prove useful in the second and third rounds.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
Well, now that I have had a chance to use it a few times, I like it. I especially like that I can push the button multiple times to get different selections.

The button really speeds up the early negotiations. While It doesn't fully automate the later negotiations, it does occasionally prove useful in the second and third rounds.
I do the same. And I also like this button.:)

I get that the Developers have made it simply random, but in doing so they've also completely missed the mark on why there was ever a desire for a Negotiation Aid in the first place: be a better negotiator than the user.

Inno's version of a Negotiation Aid doesn't need to beat every players negotiation skills, but it absolutely must have some logic to it if it's to have any real use.
Agree, if this is what Negotiation Aid can do, please don't help me, I can do much better, on the long run, my logic saves a lot more goods and diamonds.

estrid

Baronet
At least, they could ad us a profile selection "I want to use negotiation aid" and if this box is not ticked, the auto-select is greyed out and not working.

If the purpose was to make negotiation as fast as auto-battling, it should just announce the result calculated using some suitable percentage which depends on the number of items. If there is 4 items to use in selection, my negotiations succeed almost always, if there is 6, maybe 60% of them succeed.

The biggest problem is that it's random, it should first choose the goods in order, then once all of them have been used once, it is randomly selected.

For example, if the option is: good 1, good 2, good 3, coin, supply

The first round it should fill in: good 1, good 2, good 3, coin supply

Second round if nothing is eliminated, random selection: supply, good 1, good 2, good 3, coin

A lot of times it will select the same item multiple times in the same round and not select items which have not been tried before, when there are 5+ options is frankly bull spit and 100% kills the negotiation.

I really like it when it selects unique goods, and seems that people have already relayed that part, at least. If you neg a lot, it is helpful to have something auto-populate unique goods as that first neg where you have to select all 5 slots does take a second.

So far, I use it and switch out the ones that aren't unique. Its still been slightly faster, but would be annoying to have to constantly change out multiple selections on the first round.

The other critique would be that it should have a user preference (checkbox?) to only populate empty selections/slots. I have bumped it a time or two on mobile, when negotiating and then have to re-select the intended goods after it scrambles them. Plus, if you decided to populate 1-2, then let auto, fill in the rest with unique, it would be another way of speeding up negs. However, as another user said, they just click it several times to get something that they like so some might prefer that it replaces rather than just fill.

Overall, I think that it adds value and look forward to it being tweaked and refined further.

Magenta

Farmer
I am starting to like this autoselect!
But for me the biggest problem still is the position and also the shape of the button.

+ Makes it effortless to select goods when there's no other option than a single good to choose
+ Makes it easy to quickly click away when there are only 3 goods type available
+ The autoselect button in mobile app is very distinct and not possible to confuse with normal negotiation button

- The button position tricks us to think it is the usual goods selection button, it is an added option and should not be in a priority position!

If you check all the negative comments, you can see almost all are mainly focused on the button position. It forces us to make mistake! If one is to spend diamond that should not happen by being tricked into it! Nothing wrong with spending diamond or buying them, but it is wrong to use people's muscle memory as a weakness.

I would suggest you make the browser autoselect button exactly like in the mobile app, a small square dice. "Select resources" button still same big and in the middle, but auto select distinctively shaped and also not easy to confuse with the actual negotiation button as well as not easily clicked by mistake.

Nessie

Baronet
Working as intended...

same way like the "heal all" button, both are forcing us to make mistakes and many players are being tricked into spending diamonds (plus real money).

I am not the only one who finds this to be fraudulent somehow. Merry xmas @Devs and Senior Management, good job :rolleyes:

Official note: "InnoGames achieves record sales of EUR 220 million in 2020". They probably want to double that ;)

"Sources and wells dry up if you draw from them too often and too much"
(Demosthenes 384 - 322 BC, Athenian politician and speaker)

Last edited: