• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara11

Farmer
hello:) well everything is relative;)i would like to see as it will look in my city...i can give an assesment after, if i try;):) thank you:)

meatorian

Farmer
It's a bit disappointing to see pages full with attack boost requests... Personally, I wouldn't mind it either, but on the other hand, players have too high attack boosts already (not for GBG, for plundering). It is impossible to defend against 1000+% atk boosted armies and you still want more? Maybe if there would be two type of atk boosts, one for pvp and one for pve...

But the thing which concern me is the Guild Production. Recently more and more buildings get this bonus. If you want to remove Guild Production from the Arc or replace it with something else, then I understand it a bit, otherwise it is an almost entirely useless bonus for the majority of players.

qaccy

Emperor
Back to putting population on grand prizes, huh? Doesn't the Airship look more like a cultural building? I mean, the Zeppelin is a premium culture building in the Progressive Era and this is basically a flipped version of that. Shouldn't it provide happiness instead?

Feanor II

Baronet
We are collating your feedback but it's far too early in the event to make any changes after only one day. Please try and make your feedback constructive, repeatedly posting you don't like something isn't constructive nor helpful to us. Bear in mind that every event building isn't meant to be better than the last either.
Given that the airship seems to be based on the premise of "forge points for you, and guild goods for the guild" (the other resources are largely meaningless) I think that it's fair to compare it to a fully-leveled Statue of Honor. Although it's impossible to quantify two different systems for acquiring a building, I would argue that collecting a lot of fragments over numerous GBGs are probably roughly equal to twisting yourself through a month-long questline and minigame. So let's take a look at the vital stats of the two:

Statue of Honor Level 8:
7 FP/12 tiles=.583 FP/tile
80 goods/12 tiles=6.667 goods/tile

Airship Level 11:
8 FP/21 tiles=.381 FP/tile
15 goods/21 tiles=.714 goods/tile

In terms of FPs, the SoH has a very clear edge in efficiency; it's 53% more efficient. That seems like a lot-and it is-but it pales in comparison to the guild goods/tile, in which SoH-8 is over 900% more efficient than an Airship-11! The stats are not just out of balance, they're an entire order of magnitude out of balance. The Airship is thus stunningly inefficient at that which it is supposed to accomplish. And at 21 tiles, that's a lot of space for something that fails to properly serve its purpose.

If you want the Airship to be considered a worthwhile prize, it would need to be comparable to the existing building of the same general purpose, which would require adjusting to 12FP/140 guild goods per day. The FP efficiency would still suffer very slightly (.571 vs. .583) but the guild goods efficiency would be identical.

EDIT:
Bear in mind that every event building isn't meant to be better than the last either.
While I don't dispute the veracity of this, I do question the logic. For a moment, let's put aside the customer service rhetoric-obviously, the point of the events is to get people to spend money on diamonds/event currency. I'm not saying this as a bad thing, it's just a fact. It's the business model of an entertainment/gaming company and I have no qualms about that. My question is, why would Inno expect people to trade in a Corvette for a broken-down hatchback (metaphorically speaking)? And why on God's green earth would you expect them to pay for the privilege of doing it?

Last edited:

Lord Melkor

Farmer
It's a bit disappointing to see pages full with attack boost requests... Personally, I wouldn't mind it either, but on the other hand, players have too high attack boosts already (not for GBG, for plundering). It is impossible to defend against 1000+% atk boosted armies and you still want more? Maybe if there would be two type of atk boosts, one for pvp and one for pve...

But the thing which concern me is the Guild Production. Recently more and more buildings get this bonus. If you want to remove Guild Production from the Arc or replace it with something else, then I understand it a bit, otherwise it is an almost entirely useless bonus for the majority of players.

Seriously, who cares about plundering people ? Maybe start to harvest on point.
Everybody building city defense has no idea how to play this game.
Build FP generators and smile.

qaccy

Emperor
While I don't dispute the veracity of this, I do question the logic. For a moment, let's put aside the customer service rhetoric-obviously, the point of the events is to get people to spend money on diamonds/event currency. I'm not saying this as a bad thing, it's just a fact. It's the business model of an entertainment/gaming company and I have no qualms about that. My question is, why would Inno expect people to trade in a Corvette for a broken-down hatchback (metaphorically speaking)? And why on God's green earth would you expect them to pay for the privilege of doing it?

Perhaps it would help to think about it from the perspective of a player who's still 'trading up' by acquiring an Airship, even if it's not the new best building ever created. Not everyone has a city full of what's considered to be the 'best' stuff, and I'd wager that there are actually fewer players who DO have a city like that.

meatorian

Farmer
Seriously, who cares about plundering people ? Maybe start to harvest on point.
Everybody building city defense has no idea how to play this game.
Build FP generators and smile.
Of course, this game is played by mindless clicking on autobattle and recurring quests, I know it. Anybody who don't do this but wants to experience another way of playing is not actually playing this game. Because there is only one way of playing this game, which is attacking. Who do not follow some basic rules like atk boost, fp, atk boost, fp, atk boost, and, last but not least, fp, they don't know how to play.

I sincerely don't know why it is bothering you that some people cares about plundering. I just told a fact that currently it is impossible to defend against attackers, so defense buildings are pointless and more atk is just adding fuel to the fire also. If nobody cares about plundering, why would it be a big deal to separate pvp and pve atk boost?

qaccy

Emperor
Bro you are right, but 3 downgrades in a row? I mean come on ...

The Celtic Forest set was an upgrade for me, even being a long-time player with a pretty full city. Anyway, not every prize is going to appeal to everybody. I've already raised an eyebrow at this Airship providing population instead of happiness because it doesn't make sense to me, but that's not really the same complaint others are expressing. Still though, each grand prize is useful and worth its space relative to normal buildings, even if a single player doesn't find each of them useful, or when comparing them to other event buildings.

Migiwa

Merchant
Hello there ! I like this event and the building. I just have a little problem (not really a problem, more of a bug I guess) I don't see any suplies boost or the so decried defensive boost (fine to me btw) when I look to the fully upgraded building.

I just told a fact that currently it is impossible to defend against attackers, so defense buildings are pointless and more atk is just adding fuel to the fire also.

It is not currently! It is fact! AS (artificial stupidity) of defensive armies is BAD that no matter how high your defense is I can still beat you. Hell I could beat on my live world neighbour with 1443% defense with only 476% of attack... now I have over 700% so guess how much he must have to be at least a little bit of challenge... anyone who is filling their city with defensive buildings is wasting their precious space... but hell, what do I know...

I can tell you this... even if Inno fix this bloody nightmare of AS of defensive armies I would still never put a single defensive building in my city. You know why? Because I can give a rats ass about plunderers. I collect every single day for 5 diamonds and plunderers have like 3 seconds every day to plunder me. So why bother with defense?

qaccy

Emperor
Hello there ! I like this event and the building. I just have a little problem (not really a problem, more of a bug I guess) I don't see any suplies boost or the so decried defensive boost (fine to me btw) when I look to the fully upgraded building.

Those bonuses are on the Globe Fountain, not the Airship.

Dessire

Regent
the new building:
for 2016 to early 2018: best event building ever! ( 8FP for 21 space in those times... uffff!!)
rest of 2018 to today: are you kidding me?! >:C

the new building is good for people that is starting or don't have a lot of event buildings to get more FP but for a player like me, who produce 950 FP per day and have his city filled up with event buildings, this new building only worth for one thing, replace 3 dark doorways for this new building. ill lose 1 FP but ill require 2 less motivations per day... for the first time in 3 years ill say, this event doesn't worth your time if you are a high level player.

DeletedUser10172

I'll be building the Airship to replace another Terrace Farm. Had 40+ only months ago, now have less than 20, going to keep a few for when the upgrade gets released, but event buildings will always be better than TF.
Those that have a problem with event buildings have had to have spent huge amounts of money to not find Airship attractive enough to want to place, I don't see why Inno should have to cater for the 0.1% and further risk the balance of the game for the majority who can't spend huge amounts of money.
1000 players spending €10 each year is better than one player spending €1000.
I'd love attack boost with every building, but after a certain point it becomes meaningless, events aren't the only way we can increase our attack boost, but a lot of them will be, because they have been.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
the new building:
for 2016 to early 2018: best event building ever! ( 8FP for 21 space in those times... uffff!!)
rest of 2018 to today: are you kidding me?! >:C

the new building is good for people that is starting or don't have a lot of event buildings to get more FP but for a player like me, who produce 950 FP per day and have his city filled up with event buildings, this new building only worth for one thing, replace 3 dark doorways for this new building. ill lose 1 FP but ill require 2 less motivations per day... for the first time in 3 years ill say, this event doesn't worth your time if you are a high level player.

You also free up 2x3 worth of space with that replacement. a.k.a. it is a straight upgrade. Power creep can't be too fast (honestly probably already has been).

As for the comparison to the statue of honor: if you can fill your cities with statues of honor they are absolutely amazing, and no you probably don't need any event grand prizes. Particularly with the additional levels, the statue of honor may be considered *too good*. But most players cannot do that, so they'll need something else to fill their city. This is not a bad building for helping with that.

I've started maintaining a spreadsheet to try and compare various buildings efficiencies. I weight FP, goods production, troop production, diamond production, and attack/defense for attacking army based on the simplest spammable building that can provide those stats. If you care about *all* of those things the non-unique buildings that are better than airship are (in order):

Abandoned Asylum
Art Exhibition
Crow's Nest
4-gate 8-stag Celtic Garden (probably noone has this on account of st pats being stingy and annoying)
Charcoal Express
Olympic Treasury
Colossus
Ancient Obelisk
Statue of Honor (could be much higher but i weighted TGoods much lower than regular goods - if weighted as the same as regular goods then it jumps to the top of this list)
Greater Runestone
Timeless Dojo
Celtic Garden (normal layout)
Fire Pagoda

If your city contains many things still not on this list there's a good chance you can pick something to replace with an airship.

If you don't care about military bonuses then it jumps ahead of Charcoal Express, Fire Pagoda, Colossus, Timeless Dojo, and Greater Runestone and is one of the top 10 buildings you could have multiples of.

If you only care about military bonuses, then no it's not for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.