• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Kronan

Viceroy
Pat's event is fairly simple to "win" According to my step-by-step manual even greenhorns can do it and I have proof of that since players in my guild on live server, who started to play FoE like 2 - 3 months ago are able to get level 9 DROID the HUTT and fragments of gold, that is, make 325 tasks already, while there is still 8 days to event's end.

But Anniversary? I'm not sure I'll be able to get at least 1 Phantom myself, let alone others, though I'll certainly prepare a manual.

You corroborate my point, nicely BT :) I'm sure your "St Pat's recipe" is much appreciated for the time you devoted to do it, and the success it delivers.

I think we all feel that the complexity of Anniversary in it's 1st year, needs to have some level of compensation for learning it, staying with the quirky nature of how it can work (or has worked in beta - under test and design conditions..), and prevailing to the point that community opinion doesn't turn sour (or hostile) from frustration.

This all nets down NOW (for Inno) to doing what ever is possible to cut a few corners toward a "wee" bit of consideration to the player's advantage (vs normal to tight to Inno).

Without that message to live or changes in the early days of live, this might generate a simple outcome - I tried it - but now after a few days, am going to just skip it- there is going to be another event I CAN do in a few weeks, anyway.

Yikes. You don't want a viral opinion like that.

My message if asked by live users about "how was the Anniversary event?"

It was an "interesting" beta ride for sure (being a new event in design and test) , so try it for yourself and see what you think.... ;)

Dessire

Regent
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS HERE:

Assuming a pro player who really knows how to play the minigame and do not care about daily specials and only cares about pass progress and collect all incidents 3 times per day and connects everyday:

-How many diamonds should be spent to get 3 workshops at level 4 (including the one in gold league)?

- spending 140 energy for 4 resets per day, how many extra resets are required in order to achieve 3 lvl 4 workshops?

- do you believe that with 4k diamonds spent to buy energy would be enough? Because I would buy the pass only if it is possible to get 3 lvl 4 workshops with a spend of 4K diamonds.
Any answer please?

zookeepers

Marquis
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS HERE:

Assuming a pro player who really knows how to play the minigame and do not care about daily specials and only cares about pass progress and collect all incidents 3 times per day and connects everyday:

-How many diamonds should be spent to get 3 workshops at level 4 (including the one in gold league)?

- spending 140 energy for 4 resets per day, how many extra resets are required in order to achieve 3 lvl 4 workshops?

- do you believe that with 4k diamonds spent to buy energy would be enough? Because I would buy the pass only if it is possible to get 3 lvl 4 workshops with a spend of 4K diamonds.

Sorry for late reply.
Including the Gold League reward, your target is 5500 progress.

Let me calculate backwards from here.
#1. Daily Challenges 21 days * 9 keys * 1.4 (key multiplier is 1.5 at max, but not realistic) = 264 progress
#2. Doubled First Conversion if you manage to use 27 chest every day, you get 27 * 22 = 594 progress

The remainer is 4642 progress.

#3. Calculating Energy
With 4k diamonds, you get 2 sets of 820 energy, each costing 1990 diamonds.
You get 10560 energy for free. 10560 + 820 * 2 = 12200 energy.
If you get some from incidents, you may pretty much use 12500 energy.

#4. Total number of boards
Your very first board of the event is free.
and then you get free reset, 20 energy reset and 40 energy reset 22 times each.
If you spend 140 energy per board, the first 67 boards will cost you 10700 energy.

with the remaining 1800 energy, you can do 1800/(140+80) = 8 boards,
making you go through 75 boards in total.

#5. Progress per Board
So, 4642/75 = 61.9 progress per board is required to get your 3rd workshop with 4k diamonds.
An average board would have 5 or 6 L4 blocks at the begining, which you'd clear them all... 5 additional progress

You have to gain the other 57 progress from releasing the blocks or gaining keys.
Situations fulfilling the requirement are...

6 keys + Clear all blocks
7 keys + 4 blocks remaining
8 keys + 8 blocks remaining
9 keys + 12 blocks remaining

I feel clearing all blocks is impossible by 14 spawns,
Getting 9 keys is also not easy.
8 keys + 8 blocks to go is ok, but I don't feel like averaging with such results, actually.
but hey, it may not be impossible.

#6. Alternatives
If you spend 115 energy per board instead of 140,
You can reduce your task to be 7 keys + 11 remaining blocks per board.

#7. Conclusion
Getting your 3rd workshop within 4k diamond expense is possible, but tough.

nice2haveu

Baronet
#5. Progress per Board
So, 4642/75 = 61.9 progress per board is required to get your 3rd workshop with 4k diamonds.
An average board would have 5 or 6 L4 blocks at the begining, which you'd clear them all... 5 additional progress

You have to gain the other 57 progress from releasing the blocks or gaining keys.

8 keys + 8 blocks to go is ok, but I don't feel like averaging with such results, actually.
free spawn luck favors or controlling the temptation of merging key favors or brilliant effort favors or sudden board reset favors or chest randomness favors, all these are lined up in the event mini game to ensure everything is unfavorable for us.

Dessire

Regent
Sorry for late reply.
Including the Gold League reward, your target is 5500 progress.

Let me calculate backwards from here.
#1. Daily Challenges 21 days * 9 keys * 1.4 (key multiplier is 1.5 at max, but not realistic) = 264 progress
#2. Doubled First Conversion if you manage to use 27 chest every day, you get 27 * 22 = 594 progress

The remainer is 4642 progress.

#3. Calculating Energy
With 4k diamonds, you get 2 sets of 820 energy, each costing 1990 diamonds.
You get 10560 energy for free. 10560 + 820 * 2 = 12200 energy.
If you get some from incidents, you may pretty much use 12500 energy.

#4. Total number of boards
Your very first board of the event is free.
and then you get free reset, 20 energy reset and 40 energy reset 22 times each.
If you spend 140 energy per board, the first 67 boards will cost you 10700 energy.

with the remaining 1800 energy, you can do 1800/(140+80) = 8 boards,
making you go through 75 boards in total.

#5. Progress per Board

#6. Alternatives
If you spend 115 energy per board instead of 140,
You can reduce your task to be 7 keys + 11 remaining blocks per board.

#7. Conclusion
Getting your 3rd workshop within 4k diamond expense is possible, but tough.
What if you do the 160 energy reset to add 1 extra reset per day?

mcbluefire

Baronet
I created that with the help of the guys on the MooingCat Discord. It is not perfect, but fixes some problems the old table had :)
Well, I for one love it! It clears up the confusion I got from the original chart where everything was listed as one day production. Excellent work, @Juber !

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
what if you plan on using 100k+? or is it better to complete boards with that?
at that point it's probably best to complete *some* boards.

At the start of every board, you do an amount that's "efficient" - when the possibilities for more keys are less, and the level 4 gems can all be cleared, it's time to make a decision whether this is a board you can full clear for a reasonable price or not.

At 100k diamonds = 16k extra energy, you will probably want to do the 160 reset at least some of the time ; maybe every day depending on just how many diamonds it is. But you probably *never* want to do the 320 reset.

If you are going for a lot of full clear boards, the ones you want to bail on are ones where you still need *a lot* of one thing. i.e. one of the worst boards in my log to go for a full clear on was in a state of needing 6 more water-1 pieces. That'd take over 400 energy on average. So you should use a reset on that.

More typical boards at the point where I reset needed 200-250 more energy on average for their worst option. You *might* do those. That's something like needing 3 1st tiers of an element.

The good ones you *definitely* want to clear to reset are the ones under 200 expectation (bearing in mind that sometimes it may still take more - but sometimes it'll take less too!). 3 Fire-2 is one example of one that I expect would take < 200 more most of the time (because pairs of fire-1 also help in addition to the direct spawns of fire-2).

zookeepers

Marquis
One of the point is that the clearance bonus is without limit.
By going for full clear (avoiding the worst boards with many many L1 blocks of the same color),
perhaps around 0.3 progress per energy can be earned.

This means like 16k diamonds per workshop AND 22.6k diamonds per full ToC.
(You can get BOTH when spending.)

Anybody who would like to spend a whole bunch of diamonds can do so.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One of the point is that the clearance bonus is without limit.
By going for full clear (avoiding the worst boards with many many L1 blocks of the same color),
perhaps around 0.3 progress per energy can be earned.

This means like 16k diamonds per workshop AND 22.6k diamonds per full ToC.
(You can get BOTH when spending.)

Anybody who would like to spend a whole bunch of diamonds can do so.
I'm not as optimistic on the full value of extensive usage of full-clears. Slight usage of full-clears is easy to incorporate ; and you can probably get two boards per 820 energy with some sort of limit doing so (avoiding the most neurotic boards only).

My estimate is 33 keys and 38 gem exp per clear board (assumes 6 level 4s is "typical"). 38 + 33 * (27/18 * 0.9) = 82.5 xp per board. or 165 xp per 2k diamonds.

4750 per ToC -> 4750 * (2000/165) = 57k diamonds per ToC reliant on full clears.

You can probably get that down some by only picking the best full clears, but the pickier you are on which boards you take to completion, the less opportunity you have.

The 2nd ToC can be somewhat cheaper than that since a bit more than 1 full ToC is accomplishable with the free stuff; and the 160 resets are still there to help you out some too before you start to dip into *needing* full clears.

But of course you're right that spending a *whole bunch* of diamonds is an option. It's just a question of whether you really want to (some of the biggest whales probably will).

zookeepers

Marquis
If you want to pick,
use 120-140 energy and when the remaining L1 blocks of each colors
are 2 or less, that could be the chance.

In those boards, you would get to clear by 350 energy or so in total.
I don't know if these boards are abundant or not.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If you want to pick,
use 120-140 energy and when the remaining L1 blocks of each colors
are 2 or less, that could be the chance.

In those boards, you would get to clear by 350 energy or so in total.
I don't know if these boards are abundant or not.
Not super rare. But not so abundant to assume a limitless supply of them :)

you lose nothing

the "golden" level gives the things on the top of what you get on level 10

This argument is what Inno thinks.

But it’s wrong on every level.

Hard Paywalls create that irreconcilable gap between cash-players and the rest which is called pay-to-win.

And they seem to hide more and more new top buildings behind a paywall.

Inno should be very careful with that, this could make alot players quit in the end.

nice2haveu

Baronet
If you get the perfect double chests shouldn't it be (27 * 2) * 22 = 1188 progress?
As per my guess, it looks like, instead of mentioning "extra" energy by using gold chest doubles daily, mentioned as it is to match with the earlier calculations suggested few days back.

Anyhow, without spending diamonds, no one can open gold chest for all 22 days and that too with energy atom 'doubles'. That's Impossible!!

CrazyBoy08

Farmer
As per my guess, it looks like, instead of mentioning "extra" energy by using gold chest doubles daily, mentioned as it is to match with the earlier calculations suggested few days back.

Anyhow, without spending diamonds, no one can open gold chest for all 22 days and that too with energy atom 'doubles'. That's Impossible!!
Yes you can : you need about 20keys per chest
So 20x22=440 keysI calculated, that without paying you could have about 1500.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Yes you can : you need about 20keys per chest
So 20x22=440 keysI calculated, that without paying you could have about 1500.
20keys????
rgb color gems,
1r 18g 1b,
1r 17g 2b,
There are many (probability) possibilities like these on each and every day, even though going with 3 reset per day. We need to be very careful everyday and being very careful on merging gems, board gems display algorithm and free spawn generator should support our careful brilliant merging attempt. I cannot play game with 99.99% accuracy rate. If it is like that, I could have uninstalled that game without any second thought.