• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Anniversary%20logo%20copy.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, February 15th, our Anniversary Event returns for the second time!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Merging is not fun." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Ah, so it's just for Forge of Empires anniversary, not 20 years since Inno's (kinda) first game :p

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
We'll have to see what "You can get the Golden Upgrade Kit from the Grand Prize" means and if it can be gotten for free, because otherwise it seems like the only way to get it is by paying money for event pass or diamonds for league position. I hope this is not what we feared, and that the golden pass will move towards a paid only "feature" :(

GateKeeper

Baronet
Very nice artwork on the buildings. Starting tomorrow?, so waiting until tomorrow to give building sizes? Its Valentines day...give us a kiss....whats the building size ;)

BritishBoy

Marquis
The Key Master's Workshop is available as a reward in the Anniversary Prizes lane - is it behind pay wall?
Key Master's Workshop - what is size?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
The Key Master's Workshop is available as a reward in the Anniversary Prizes lane - is it behind pay wall?
Yes.

I'm wondering if the paid event pass will be giving any Conjunction kits or if it is purely focused on the Workshop. I guess we'll have to see. So far the event looks pretty complicated (not a bad thing, means strategies :D) and it's kinda crazy that the Tower doesn't need a road.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Thanks for trying to explain the mechanic for the game in the announcement, I'm completely bewildered by what I'm supposed to do so hopefully I'll just find out in a few hours.

Seems like there's no calendar and when you respawn the board you get more chests ??
It's definitely going to be a play and see what makes sense and how good everything is. It honestly sounds pretty simplistic from the description - but clearing an entire board also sounds burdensome - and if you don't clear the entire board you can only reset it once per day? (or else it costs energy)

CrashBoom

Legend
just wondering:
is it the "small" selection kit: building or regular upgrade
or the "big" selection kit: with golden upgrade (the one seen on the screenshot for silver / gold league)

Key Master's Workshop - Lv. 4

W_SS_MultiAge_ANNI23B4.png
  • -+2 Tower of Conjunction Selection Kit Fragment (100 required)
    Requires Motivation

Dessire

Regent
important questions here:

1.Why FoE team has decided to finally create an event where the new buildings have futuristi design when aaaaaaalllllll the previous events buildings have an old age design?

2. can we have more events where the new building(s) have futuristic designs please!? people like me have yeeeeeaaaars for this!!!! this event will be finally the first step to finally have a city where the buildings have a certain coherence to futurisc ages! for me, I would preffer have only futuristi designs! we already have a lot of years with a lot of events with a lot old ages designs -.- or atleast allow players choose the final design, between one from an old age or futuristic age :c
P.S.: too bad that the best portrait can be onle obtainable by buying the pass :(

Astrid

Baronet
How "funny" that all these new main buildings don't offer population and happiness, basically making it very hard for new players or starting secondary cities. On the contrary actually, if you want that Key Master's Workshop you will need tons on houses to have it in your city when starting the game.

As for the Tower of Conjunction, I wait to see their exact stats, but from the looks of it so far they are not so interesting and their size is stupid.
Maybe the Phantom Tower is worth a shot considering that we will need army bonus for defending army in Guild Expedition 5.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
How "funny" that all these new main buildings don't offer population and happiness, basically making it very hard for new players or starting secondary cities. On the contrary actually, if you want that Key Master's Workshop you will need tons on houses to have it in your city when starting the game.

As for the Tower of Conjunction, I wait to see their exact stats, but from the looks of it so far they are not so interesting and their size is stupid.
Maybe the Phantom Tower is worth a shot considering that we will need army bonus for defending army in Guild Expedition 5.
Are you pleased that the Tower of Conjunction doesn't need a road? I'm confused about why they picked this building to do that with but I won't complain.

Astrid

Baronet
Are you pleased that the Tower of Conjunction doesn't need a road? I'm confused about why they picked this building to do that with but I won't complain.
I didn't noticed it lol. Well then that's amazing, but I still wanted population and happiness for my secondary cities.

Astrid

Baronet
So the Tower of Conjuring does give you population and happiness, but choosing that we will lose all the other extra bonuses...

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
So the Tower of Conjuring does give you population and happiness, but choosing that we will lose all the other extra bonuses...
The Key Master's Workshop comes with a heavy happiness/population tax to regulate how many you can put done. That's just my understanding at this point. Pretty heavy tax!

CrashBoom

Legend
The Key Master's Workshop comes with a heavy happiness/population tax to regulate how many you can put done. That's just my understanding at this point. Pretty heavy tax!
or you don't care about happiness at all :p

it only affects how much you get when collecting coins and supplies
(and 50% instead of 120% on base amount isn't that much because other boosts like St. Marcs or Lighthouse are not multiplied with those but added on top)

because they removed the effect on the battle points
(in the past it was multiplied with that but now always *1.2)