• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Anniversary Event 2023

Una Queen

Squire
It's difficult to give a accurate number on that due to the nature of the mini-game. It would depend on what strategy your friend is actually using.

Are they intending to clear the board every time and do a spending spree in a single sitting?
Or are they using the reset option?
If they're using the reset option how many times are they going to reset? The reset cost if you don't clear the board goes up each time.

My suggestion would be to gather a decent amount of currency. Write down the amount of currency you have. Do some boards. Do some chests with the keys you earned. Now write down your remaining currency total, work out how much currency you used total. Look at your Grand Prize progress, that's how much that amount of currency bought you.

Now look at the currency shop and look at how many diamonds it would have cost to make that amount of progress.

From that you should have enough info to work out how many diamonds it takes roughly per 1 Upgrade of the Tower.
I told him itd cost something like 30k or something at start of the event. it was just a number I thought itd cost as he is unable to purchase things in this game because of the country hes in so he cant buy the event pass nor diamonds so he has to use diamonds he earns from ge, gbg and diamond farms. so he decided against getting a second one.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
<2d prior to the end of the event, across Dutch servers 95% of the participants wouldn't make it. Now with a little more than a day left this number has improved. At worse 80% of the participants don't have the maxed out tower. It's to be seen how it'll play out further. As it's still somewhat early and numbers likely improve further.
I've ran a experiment parallel. On my main and established world I completed every DQ for additional keys. On my 2nd world not. My main world just managed to get over the 2.750 progress with some tricky manoeuvring. Thnx to some great advice of the community's content creators. Although I've followed them loosely midway through the event. Using 15x spawns and a few extra when I could clear the board. Bought resets no more expensive than 40 energy. Also used the daily 2x bonus on the 1st chest exclusively on the 26 progress chests. Always bought chests until the 26 progress chest was standby. On my 2nd world I've played a bit chill and the same way. Thanks to lucky incidents I'm falling a bit short to 2.750 progress. Unfortunately not likely to make it since I ran out of luck with incidents. Just managed to get the Reno kit prior to the golden upgrade.

In conclusion the event is tightly balanced. Requiring daily activity and relying on mainly DQ and some lucky incidents. The latter like all events. Judging from the objective % of participants making sufficient progress without the cash pass, the event is proven to be achievable. The main issue imho is the tight balance enforcing daily activity. The greatest part of the event however is that you can save up keys. Until there's a daily special you like. Thanks to this for my 2nd city it's still a large success.

I played my 5 cities daily and I don't recall missing out on any of the daily challenge keys. Progress in these cities ranged from 4,664 to 5,118. Currently Silver in 3, narrowly Gold in the other 2. Disciplined 4 boards per day, 10 spawns per board. Chose a 2x Gold chest every day and spent more keys on days with a desired DS. No diamonds spent. This event was a goldmine.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
My final look back on anniversary event:

Used halfway through the event the following strategy on both my main and 2nd world*: 15x spawns/board unless I’m close to finishing one, max 4 payed resets, daily 2x 27 progress chest + opening preferably the largest chest for daily specials, collecting actively incidents daily.

At my main world I’ve had mediocre luck with incidents. Sometimes getting 20 energy from them but not more than 1 or 2 incidents containing 100 energy. My side world got luckier with once a 500 energy incident. This black swan has saved it.
At my main city I’ve completed all DC except one for additional keys. The main city managed to get without diamonds the phantom tower yesterday. It’s ending close to the progress I deem minimal “free” progress to make the cash pass considerable valuable enough. Ultimately decided against it due to the time it’ll take to grind phantom towers out of 2 key masters and current plans for the city. Still though I feel this cash pass is offering the most value for the money in the game. In my main city I’ve obtained some dailies I like for it. Mainly rare-ish consumables like finish special productions. Though not at large quantities due to wasteful key-managed. Fuelled by my excitement for the phantom tower. In my side world I’ve gotten more daily specials I specifically wanted for it. Which made the event for that city already a succes. Unfortunately it felt a little short in progress towards the phantom tower on its own. Mainly due to me not completing DC. I’ve completed 1 DC and got fire keys, lol. Used the medium energy package with some leftover diamonds to tip over 2.750 progress. The investment is worth it to me. Had to sacrifice a potential expansion in my main world. It’s still worth it to me. Just because of the good luck in incidents and using the medium package and strategy developed by content creators I’ve managed it on my 2nd world. Which I’ve used to experiment in parallel with my main world. To test the impact of DC in this event. Since especially newer players might find DC hard and maybe even too hard. Unsurprisingly the dependence on lucky incidents became enormous. I was lucky but others who didn’t do DC in my guild due to lack of time where less lucky.

In conclusion I feel the event is a bit too demanding. It’s relying on daily challenges, daily completion of couple of boards and like most events some incidents. The latter isn’t as bad though as its impact can be subsided by strategies and DC. The main issue is the intensity and effort evolved around the event. Furthermore the cash pass is so far offering the best value for the money. The selection of grand prizes are large contributors to it. Despite the key masters’ grind over months for just 1 additional phantom tower. It’s still fairly decent value for the money. As for the daily specials, this event has been exceedingly great for that. As it didn’t required daily usage of most keys.
Overall I’d say it’s a good event in most fronts. Despite the flaw of requiring high levels of activity and decently mastery in the minigame. Judging from the % of participants getting hitting 2.750+ progress, I would say it’s a succes for now but prefer more chill events like St. Patrick’s day.

*my side / 2nd city I use mainly as a testing ground to see events through the eyes of a underdeveloped city. It’s also a city for which I have big plans for the future. Mainly to become a fully established city. With a mixed play style. Aiming to become a hybrid warrior trader. To enjoy the space colonies at live in while bypassing keen eye in the fights most badly affected. In this regards the phantom tower yields high value for the foreseeable future. Even with power leap affecting the gameplay.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Decided like no more diamonds or premium pass purchase in the game and emptied all the diamonds collected playing these many years through this event on live server.
anniversary_event_gold_league.jpg

Last edited:
My final look back on anniversary event:

Used halfway through the event the following strategy on both my main and 2nd world*: 15x spawns/board unless I’m close to finishing one, max 4 payed resets, daily 2x 27 progress chest + opening preferably the largest chest for daily specials, collecting actively incidents daily.

At my main world I’ve had mediocre luck with incidents. Sometimes getting 20 energy from them but not more than 1 or 2 incidents containing 100 energy. My side world got luckier with once a 500 energy incident. This black swan has saved it.
At my main city I’ve completed all DC except one for additional keys. The main city managed to get without diamonds the phantom tower yesterday. It’s ending close to the progress I deem minimal “free” progress to make the cash pass considerable valuable enough. Ultimately decided against it due to the time it’ll take to grind phantom towers out of 2 key masters and current plans for the city. Still though I feel this cash pass is offering the most value for the money in the game. In my main city I’ve obtained some dailies I like for it. Mainly rare-ish consumables like finish special productions. Though not at large quantities due to wasteful key-managed. Fuelled by my excitement for the phantom tower. In my side world I’ve gotten more daily specials I specifically wanted for it. Which made the event for that city already a succes. Unfortunately it felt a little short in progress towards the phantom tower on its own. Mainly due to me not completing DC. I’ve completed 1 DC and got fire keys, lol. Used the medium energy package with some leftover diamonds to tip over 2.750 progress. The investment is worth it to me. Had to sacrifice a potential expansion in my main world. It’s still worth it to me. Just because of the good luck in incidents and using the medium package and strategy developed by content creators I’ve managed it on my 2nd world. Which I’ve used to experiment in parallel with my main world. To test the impact of DC in this event. Since especially newer players might find DC hard and maybe even too hard. Unsurprisingly the dependence on lucky incidents became enormous. I was lucky but others who didn’t do DC in my guild due to lack of time where less lucky.

In conclusion I feel the event is a bit too demanding. It’s relying on daily challenges, daily completion of couple of boards and like most events some incidents. The latter isn’t as bad though as its impact can be subsided by strategies and DC. The main issue is the intensity and effort evolved around the event. Furthermore the cash pass is so far offering the best value for the money. The selection of grand prizes are large contributors to it. Despite the key masters’ grind over months for just 1 additional phantom tower. It’s still fairly decent value for the money. As for the daily specials, this event has been exceedingly great for that. As it didn’t required daily usage of most keys.
Overall I’d say it’s a good event in most fronts. Despite the flaw of requiring high levels of activity and decently mastery in the minigame. Judging from the % of participants getting hitting 2.750+ progress, I would say it’s a succes for now but prefer more chill events like St. Patrick’s day.

*my side / 2nd city I use mainly as a testing ground to see events through the eyes of a underdeveloped city. It’s also a city for which I have big plans for the future. Mainly to become a fully established city. With a mixed play style. Aiming to become a hybrid warrior trader. To enjoy the space colonies at live in while bypassing keen eye in the fights most badly affected. In this regards the phantom tower yields high value for the foreseeable future. Even with power leap affecting the gameplay.
Well... On my side live server where I just started the city (IA, Arc lvl 5, Zeus and LoA only) I've finished the event with this result:
Yeah... 7 points missing to 5k. LOL
Screenshot_76.png
Screenshot_77.png

No diamonds spent, no premium pass.
My main world bit worse - 4622 and Silver, too.
So, with apologies, but I will not agree that the event was too demanding.
Also, I know that my performance was suboptimal because I experimented a bit with the strategy and only at the end I used 4x100 from @MooingCat

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well... On my side live server where I just started the city (IA, Arc lvl 5, Zeus and LoA only) I've finished the event with this result:
Yeah... 7 points missing to 5k. LOL
View attachment 9468
View attachment 9469

No diamonds spent, no premium pass.
My main world bit worse - 4622 and Silver, too.
So, with apologies, but I will not agree that the event was too demanding.
Also, I know that my performance was suboptimal because I experimented a bit with the strategy and only at the end I used 4x100 from @MooingCat
That's totally fine, lol. I just experienced it the way I did. Also guild members. They didn't know about the strategies or didn't understand the minigame well enough to understand the strategies. Either way it's interesting. Just follow those guidelines, win big. Fail to master the minigame early or deviate from set strategies and the odds ain't good.
Anyways what I meant with too demanding is the high level of daily activity the event requires. Even following strategies. Completing daily 4 boards + DC is very demanding, imo. Either way I'm pretty sure that the event gets either reworked or something else will be made in its place next year. Cause Inno won't let it slide that some got for free this far, xd.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
15 - 20 minutes. But yes, daily to catch 2x chest.
Paddy was more demanding > 2 - 3 hours to crank-up city almost each day.
Nah, actually @MooingCat had a good strategy for St. Patrick's day too. It didn't take hours daily till the end of the event. Just 1-2 daily logins or so. It only took about 4-5 towns or so to maxing out the grand building with opening all chests each city: 4-5x selection kits + 2 levels from quests + 2-ish upgrades from milestones. On top of that 1 of those where the introduction town. Which didn't take much time or effort to complete. This event was far more intensive. Requiring 4 boards to complete without fail daily + sticking exactly to the 100-150 energy per board approach. DC isn't just clicking. Sure you can downplay it to that but really it ain't for most. It's also a daily chore of this event.