• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Asteroid Belt

Merchant
If they don't have it unless the stats for the military is just out of this world you will have very few people going into SAAB. The only reason people went into Mars was for the military. There was no GB that made going into it exciting. A GB for negotiations isn't super exciting. So there won't be a rush to get it. Without a rush to get it there won't be a demand for goods. Without a demand for goods people will just sit in Mars where at least the military units are nice

you do know that you can use units from previous eras? and if previous eras units are better then even better as you can use them in GE and GBG. Am I missing something? I will go to SAAB no matter what are the stats.

also In SAAB there will be no need for VF goods in GBG.

You can but the AO only works on units of the same age. I am sure that some people will go into SAAB regardless, but I am also certain that many will sit in SAM if there is no incentive to move into the next age.

SAAB will also face one significant problem, and it may be affecting the ages afterwards as well: either all units will also have to have that AR targetting power that doubles attack power at the chance of 20% (or more perhaps), or all units will have to have at least 40% more power overall to compensate for NOT having it. otherwise, SAM units will be preferred over SAAB units every time, and perhaps SAM units will be preferred in the age(s) afterwards as well.

anyone else here have some thoughts too about this?

CrashBoom

Legend
SAAB will also face one significant problem, and it may be affecting the ages afterwards as well: either all units will also have to have that AR targetting power that doubles attack power at the chance of 20% (or more perhaps), or all units will have to have at least 40% more power overall to compensate for NOT having it. otherwise, SAM units will be preferred over SAAB units every time, and perhaps SAM units will be preferred in the age(s) afterwards as well.

40% more power :rolleyes:
to the at least doubling of the values

comparison (mars vs VF)
fast: 550/450 against 270/240
heavy: 400/600 against 230/250
light: 500/500 against 280/220
artillery: 600/400 against 300/200 (but VF hits many targets)
ranged: 450/550 against 290/220

so basically that mean 3 times the values of the units SAAB compared to SAM

DeletedUser9112

There is also another reason. To stay in March looting and snipe them. The big players will all go there.

Wilson5

Merchant
Omg you talk like there were already SAAb somewhere?
But have you already Rain Forest in your colony in mars? It must be used first before can go SAAB.
First tech in saab is asking 200k every mars goodie. Tell everyone I told so ;)
And if you have only that 200k , you need to make rest mars goodies using 10k prome and Ori... and most of you have Kursk and Titanic on deck???

DeletedUser10003

Anyone have stats of the new units? im very interested (probably not because inno has not finished the age yet)

Devilsangel

Baronet
"Build A Colony On An Asteroid"
"By accessing the Spaceport, you can travel to your colony in the Asteroid Belt and start building it up! As with the colony on Mars, this colony will only be used for this age."

"New Goods And Technologies"
To obtain the new goods that will advance you through Space Age Asteroid Belt, you will need the help of your colony. The new goods buildings will be built here until you research a possibility to synthesize them in your Main City."

"Asteroid Ice and Exploration Sites"
"Similar to how you needed Mars Ore to advance through Space Age Mars, you will need Ice from asteroids to refine it into the goods. Unlock the exploration sites on the campaign map to obtain Asteroid Ice."

DeletedUser10265

I don't see the problem with a HC for negotiations ...
It doesn't mean the problem is not there...

We can see here that a player could in theory use the bonus of this yet-to-be-named SA:AB Great Building EVERY DAY for the whole month?
That's simply not true.

Well, if you are a player located in Europe you can definitely do some Negotiations before GBG ends on those Mondays (which is 8 AM GMT) and this can also apply for players who would be present on GBG on this given timeframe as well :)
What if you are not located in Europe? And why do you expect people to sit until late at night or get up early to use the GB? You are aware of that they got only few hours to do that? A game shouldn't be so possesive.

As for Negotiations in the Japanese Settlement, well I am not sure if this SA:AB GB will allow its bonus to be used outside your main city, hence the reason why I did not include it in the table above :)
There are only 3 negotiations per day, not every day.
You have plenty of possibilities to do your battles for HC - neighbours, GvG, campaign, GBG, GE. The first two are easily accessible every day and it's relatively easy to win enough battles. Whatever you say about negotiations, the possibilities are much, much more limited.

So the argument that negotiations can be easily done every day is easily debunked.

Moderator note - removed sections with personal attacks

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian24

Viceroy
It doesn't mean the problem is not there...

That's simply not true.

What if you are not located in Europe? And why do you expect people to sit until late at night or get up early to use the GB? You are aware of that they got only few hours to do that? A game shouldn't be so possesive.

There are only 3 negotiations per day, not every day.
You have plenty of possibilities to do your battles for HC - neighbours, GvG, campaign, GBG, GE. The first two are easily accessible every day and it's relatively easy to win enough battles. Whatever you say about negotiations, the possibilities are much, much more limited.

So the argument that negotiations can be easily done every day is easily debunked.

Moderator note - removed sections with personal attacks
Ok, then I will debunk your post:
When you reach SAAB you will be able to do fights/negotiations to gain asteroid ice.

Emberguard

Emperor

Or just introduce a skill that says “ignores AR targeting”

Emberguard

Emperor
I tried to talk all the VF players on my server in to not aging up, there was only one hold out who wanted to age up right away. Even enemy guilds were agreeing. [...] So knowing that one idiot rogue player on my server was going to dominate everyone in AA with mars units if we didn't all move up, of course we all moved up - [...] I would have held myself back in VF and cost my chance at fighting in AA if I had known it would be a WHOLE YEAR for another age. [...]

I hope to god there's another GB, and that it's a good one for sales, because my entire game is based around selling GBs to level my own GBs. That is what farmers should be doing, not negotiating to 100.

Inno needs to start actually playing their own game.
So basically you’re upset because you tried to play everyone elses game for them and they wanted to play their own game not your game. If it was truly such a bad move to age up then you would have let them and stayed in VF. They can’t be the a
idiot you make them out to be if you and everyone else followed them.

and Inno does play their own game. But there’s more then one kind of player to cater to. Only the top players lvl up their GBs in the manner you‘re describing on a consistent basis. Most lvl with 1.9, FP for FP swaps or self lvling. Inno does’t need to cater to goods sales, only to whether players will find use for it. Because if the GB is good enough you’ll get your goods sales anyway. Which again, if you knew it’s such a critical part of your game play to sell goods why didn’t you just play your own game and stay in VF? You’d have your goods goldmine instead of complaining that you turned away every customer you had SAM goods

Wilson5

Merchant
I agree how everyone play his/her own game. Anyway no sense to age up in game where is not even beta for next age. Quite clear Inno has least motivation to continue this most stupid of their games. But can't shutdown it as long as their will be left brave "diamond farmers"

DeletedUser9851

I agree how everyone play his/her own game. Anyway no sense to age up in game where is not even beta for next age. Quite clear Inno has least motivation to continue this most stupid of their games. But can't shutdown it as long as their will be left brave "diamond farmers"
...not sure that I understand your argument here; we need to remember that, LAST YEAR, SA:M was released on Beta 2-3 weeks BEFORE it was released on "Live Servers" so we just need to be a bit more patient. Right now, on Beta, we have BOTH the Egyptian Settlement and the Spring Event currently being made available! Funny that more and more Players are complaining when something is not being released on Beta and, when it gets released, tons of players are complaining and whining for all kinds of reasons...I guess that it's true what they say: Patience is No Longer a Virtue in Our Society ;)

Dessire

Regent
You said something that may be true. sometimes i feel that innogames want to shut down this game, is tired about it but it can't do it because they earn a lot of money each year thanks to the pay to win players.

about the SAM skill... there are 2 other eras that allow any player to reach to an attrition of 150 or more. SAM is not the great thing XD. SAM skill is so overpower? pls..if you think that then you know nothing....