• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Virgo Project / Stargazer

qaccy

Emperor
It was never really a guarantee that anything about either GB would be changing. That being said, I'm a little surprised as well to see that this thread didn't have any bearing on Inno's release schedule for SAM on live.

Remember, us being provided with areas to discuss game features is not the same as us being able to influence the game directly. All of that still lies solely with the developers.

1BFA

Viceroy
It was never really a guarantee that anything about either GB would be changing. That being said, I'm a little surprised as well to see that this thread didn't have any bearing on Inno's release schedule for SAM on live.

Remember, us being provided with areas to discuss game features is not the same as us being able to influence the game directly. All of that still lies solely with the developers.

here they did..

Just chiming in to give you an update on The Virgo Project.
Due to your passionate discussions about neighbourhood attacks, we decided to exclude the missile launch skill from neighbourhood attacks.
Expect an update about this soon (somewhen in the next few weeks). :)

Also, thank you for bringing this up!

Whilst the announcement does't call out this, I'm hoping the gb was fixed.

Feanor II

Baronet
SA:M going live w/no update regarding GBs, so apparently they're not going to fix them. Between this and the awful Soccer Event IDK what's going on. Seriously, Inno, no disrespect intended, but do you guys even play your own game?

@Zarok Dai

But i see that no changes have been made to both GBs in the announcements

Tell us, please, Were we all just ignored?

Apparently.

DeletedUser

SA:M going live w/no update regarding GBs, so apparently they're not going to fix them. Between this and the awful Soccer Event IDK what's going on. Seriously, Inno, no disrespect intended, but do you guys even play your own game?
We all are wondering... and though someone said they do, I think they secretly play Candy Crush Saga at work.

DeletedUser10039

Once something is official I will announce it :)

Just chiming in to give you an update on The Virgo Project.
Due to your passionate discussions about neighbourhood attacks, we decided to exclude the missile launch skill from neighbourhood attacks.
Expect an update about this soon (somewhen in the next few weeks). :) Also, thank you for bringing this up!

So looks like it's official (TVP attacks anyways). Only thing not sure of, is if it will be amended before or after it goes live?

HossamAly

Merchant
So just to summarize before concluding this fairly disappointing episode: Inno was concerned about the immediate negative feedback concerning both GBs immediately after announcing them. They open this thread to gather opinions (and keep the SA:M thread about the other aspects of the new age). 2 issues were clearly raised about TVP: first that it's useless, particularly 3 battles for level 10 is just too little, while nuking half the enemy troops is too much. Many ideas were proposed to salvage that. The second issue was that in pretty much the only case where TVP can be useful; i.e, retaliation in hoods, it's unfair on people who spent years investing in piling up city def bonus.

What does Inno do? instead of looking for ways to make TVP useful, they exclude hoods attacks so that heavy def investors aren't upset, and therefore removing the only vaguely useful function of the GB (To be fair in either case I wouldn't build it, but at least it won't ruin the game for some players now).

I can't say I'm hugely surprised by this discourse. Frustrated yes but not shocked. There's lots of interesting things about SA:M, it's unfortunate I'll have to pass on the GBs. I just hope the devs learn something from this exchange.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
@Zarok Dai

We already know that Space Age Mars comes out live on 28th of this month ( 5 days left )

But i see that no changes have been made to both GBs in the announcements

Tell us, please, Were we all just ignored?
Or there are changes made?, and if thats the case, inform us about it please
Let as know the NEW GBs bonus

Thank You

Once something is official I will announce it :)

I am just wondering (and I do know that @Zarok Dai has no power over that), why is SA.M launch on the live servers BEFORE the Virgo Project GB is fixed?
I know that players are impatient to start this new age but I really cannot understand introducing a GB that they know will be modified.
If I were cynical, I would say that it is because developpers don't care about the s...storm that you guys (and girls) Community Managers will have to calm down and explain. ;)

DeletedUser7703

Seems to me that either they ran out of time or ideas... of course maybe they don't believe the complaints here reflect the live population... I had thought that being a F2P game that this is the one area they need to get right. Looking back at the last 3 ages, arctic part 1 came with Gaea Statue and initially there was a lack of demand for arctic goods... Oceanic part 1 came with Atlantis Museum and there was a lack of demand for oceanic goods.... Virtual future came with the Terracota Army and there has been huge demand for VF goods from day 1 (and hence a boost in diamond demand). The reaction on beta forum to Gaea Statue, Atlantis Museum & Terrocota Army reflected the popularity on live but maybe the players are wrong this time???

Teak

Steward
I'm getting really concerned about the flow in the forum's discussions.

While the high end players | traders | Low-Age High GB players in any game shape the current meta, which could be the seen if you take a look at the cities on the servers all around the world, in this forum the bonobos go on a rampage. People with a nonexistent understanding of the game argue about content they won't even reach in 2 or more years while blaming everybody but themselves that anything is unfair or overpowered (Virgo op, while the live high ends won’t even build this crap) . And everybody is perfectly fine with that, here, on the US or the German forum.

A GB which guarantees 4 victories, while players who can afford to get it to a proper level will fight 1-300 times a day, seems rly imba to me.
As well as a GB which gives you goods of which you already have 100 of thousands, when you are wealthy enough to level it.

These two GBs aren't content for the majority- only the players who alrdy have their GBs at 80 or even 100 on average might consider building and leveling those. Aiming for a late game balance should be Innogame's task and not for the players getting those GBs and let them rot at lvl 10....
Oracle, Arc & Chateau... Inno and the balance thingy... sounds familiar ;)

We don’t have to mention the lack of understanding of their own game shown by the content creators of Inno. Why would you even release those GBs in the first place… Demand and supply are a huge factor of FoE: Why would you need goods of the previous age if you already have 25k each and you get any good with your Chateau.

There have been several suggestions for improvement in this thread and the only thing you change is that the Virgo won’t trigger at your neighbours… Show me one fight you can’t win which is currently in the game (excluding >1500 def neighbours).

Getting more and more speechless about this "feedback"

Feanor II

Baronet
I'm getting really concerned about the flow in the forum's discussions.

While the high end players | traders | Low-Age High GB players in any game shape the current meta, which could be the seen if you take a look at the cities on the servers all around the world, in this forum the bonobos go on a rampage. People with a nonexistent understanding of the game argue about content they won't even reach in 2 or more years while blaming everybody but themselves that anything is unfair or overpowered (Virgo op, while the live high ends won’t even build this crap) . And everybody is perfectly fine with that, here, on the US or the German forum.

A GB which guarantees 4 victories, while players who can afford to get it to a proper level will fight 1-300 times a day, seems rly imba to me.
As well as a GB which gives you goods of which you already have 100 of thousands, when you are wealthy enough to level it.

These two GBs aren't content for the majority- only the players who alrdy have their GBs at 80 or even 100 on average might consider building and leveling those. Aiming for a late game balance should be Innogame's task and not for the players getting those GBs and let them rot at lvl 10....
Oracle, Arc & Chateau... Inno and the balance thingy... sounds familiar ;)

We don’t have to mention the lack of understanding of their own game shown by the content creators of Inno. Why would you even release those GBs in the first place… Demand and supply are a huge factor of FoE: Why would you need goods of the previous age if you already have 25k each and you get any good with your Chateau.

There have been several suggestions for improvement in this thread and the only thing you change is that the Virgo won’t trigger at your neighbours… Show me one fight you can’t win which is currently in the game (excluding >1500 def neighbours).

Getting more and more speechless about this "feedback"

I agree with everything except for the highlighted portion. It doesn't guarantee a win. If you declare an attack against a neighbor, it's still a chance of whether TVP "hits" or not. And if it doesn't, the 24 hour clock is still triggered. So the "big guy" could still plunder the "little guy" 7 days a week, and the "little guy" might be able to hit back 2 times a week if it's at level 10. The "big guy" still has a huge advantage, but because there's a chance the person you plunder could hit back they threw a fit, and Inno responded by taking a bad GB and making it truly awful.

Everything else I agree with you 100% :) This part most of all:
We don’t have to mention the lack of understanding of their own game shown by the content creators of Inno. Why would you even release those GBs in the first place

Preach!

Teak

Steward
… Hmm if you don’t see the impact of the beta for the live servers, well…
And both announcements on the US and UK forum still have the “old” GBs

80% of this thread, which is supposed to find a solution for the current situation of both GBs, is about whining that lowbobs get stomped in their hood. There is not even the slightest chance of fixing a currently bad GB, because players, who are way beyond average reduce their failure and getting farmed onto the “big bad cheaters”. Players in the VF, who have worse GBs than some MA players, complain about op features, which obviously aren’t, and interrupt any attempt of players, who use their game knowledge and understanding of the mechanics to improve the new content in a balanced way.

It is perfectly fine, if you play at a slower pace or just play casually: BUT don’t create problems when there are none, or fabricate some **** when the true problem is of a different nature.

This thread went from improving an almost useless GB ( like the infiltration idea would have been a great way to balance the GB and give it a proper scaling) to an even worse GB, which is as good as Notre Dame, Colosseum or Gaea.

And this really grinds my gears! *insert meme here*

EDIT:
Wait a minute: You announce the new GB, while you will nerf it to a useless FP grave afterwards, so people still buy BPs with diamonds at go live...
this is beyond boarderline criminal...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8963

… Hmm if you don’t see the impact of the beta for the live servers, well…
EDIT:
Wait a minute: You announce the new GB, while you will nerf it to a useless FP grave afterwards, so people still buy BPs with diamonds at go live...
this is beyond boarderline criminal...

Virgo GB is useful only for hood attacks, and that's all. If they go live with the ability to attack hood, people invest money into it, only for Inno to remove that ability some days/weeks later, if you prove it (and we can prove it as forum admin announced it here) Inno's intention was to nerf it after release, then it's a clear cut fraud.

Here is not a question of balancing things which are usually done, it's an intention to provide an in-game item that's attractive to lots of players, with intent to remove that ability when money is collected.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Virgo GB is useful only for hood attacks, and that's all. If they go live with the ability to attack hood, people invest money into it, only for Inno to remove that ability some days/weeks later, if you prove it (and we can prove it as forum admin announced it here) Inno's intention was to nerf it after release, then it's a clear cut fraud.

Here is not a question of balancing things which are usually done, it's an intention to provide an in-game item that's attractive to lots of players, with intent to remove that ability when money is collected.

I agree with you and @Teak. I cannot understand why Inno will release Space Age Mars with a great building that will be nerfed a few days or weeks after.
Although most players will know that it will be modified, there are still lots of players who will not have the information.

As for new GBs, lots of players will buy blueprints with diamonds because they want the GB really fast (and attack their hood really fast too....). I am really surprised by this way of proceeding.

Unless, Inno has changed their mind and have decided to finally to not modify the Virgo Project. This would be very bad manners too.

I hope our Community managers (poke @Zarok Dai ) will have a feedback from the developpers and are able to get back to us very soon.

DeletedUser

Not to lots... But agreed, that is not right thing to do. Not everybody read beta forum, after all.

Was it a hard thing to do - change one line in the announcement before pushing it live...?

DeletedUser8963

I agree with you and @Teak
I hope our Community managers (poke @Zarok Dai ) will have a feedback from the developpers and are able to get back to us very soon.

I've sent a support ticket and got answer "check a forum", so I checked a forum and here is an answer from CM Lady Marlena.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/space-age-mars.37706/page-3#post-382044

So, they will indeed go out with something they will massively change soon.

Interesting. Fraudulent, but still interesting.

DeletedUser

As you know we had a lot of feedback about Virgo having a potential negative impact if it worked against other players. This led the designers to look closer to the balancing. Then Envoy commented about this here on our forum, stating it would be excluded from PvP. However it was also stated we would update you all in the next few weeks.
So whether any changes are implemented before or after live release, as this is Beta and anything can change, I only want to confirm any change when it is being released to this server and not before. This avoids any misinformation being posted.