• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Virgo Project / Stargazer

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
A novelty in study to get our opinion before defining exactly how it works.
"champ de bataille des guildes" = "guild battlefield"

DeletedUser

So they are planning combo of GvG and GE? And only on french server...? Nice... :/

Beta becomes so much more useless, I don't know why even bother...

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
So they are planning combo of GvG and GE? And only on french server...? Nice... :/.
I guess it's the first moderator present to publish, the others will follow!

I talked about it here because I think it concerns the new GB (by giving them value)

Logain Sedai

Baronet
It is only on discussion for the moment. But yes, it is surprising that it is not discussed here first (or at least at the same time).
This is to be in addition to the GvG. It seems that it offers the possibility to all level of players and guilds to have a chance to take part. Players need to use units or ressources of their own age. The guilds put together would be of the same level too.

DeletedUser8277

With the Battlefields feature it gives a purpose to Virgo, with Virgo being removed from neighborhood fights it keeps game balance between PvP defense and attack (or at least does not worsen it) this is win win. Given the current atmosphere of the game there was no need for Virgo outside of PvP, now there is.

If I'm reading battlefields right the battles will eventually get so intense no matter what your boost you wont beat it, there will always be something harder coming up. Virgo now gives you a chance to beat it, working in tune with your attack GBs doing things they never could. They obviously knew they were working on battlefields and we didn't, if I had to wager a bet that is the area this GB was designed for but they opened it to all fights and there is where the problem was.

I'm not going to rush to build it as battlefields doesn't exist yet but now I certainly see the point well beyond just being a hood bully. The only problem I see is my understanding of battlefields the difficulty resets every day, you need to fight to the point of being unable to continue THEN collect voyager.

Battlefields also has personal rewards, not sure how and where they will be played out but I imagine Voyager could be make or break in you getting the ones you want not to mention helping push your guild further a bit each day. If battlefields is a hit Voyager will be a must have now thankfully without all the downsides to the hood.

Miepie

Baronet
Anybody telling themselves virgo will be usefull for those battlefields, think again. You get very few chances and you'll have to time the collection of virgo just right otherwise those will be wasted on easy fights. Only, maybe, (and I repeat MAYBE) if you can choose when you do and don't want to use up one of your chances can it be helpfull.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Anybody telling themselves virgo will be usefull for those battlefields, think again. You get very few chances and you'll have to time the collection of virgo just right otherwise those will be wasted on easy fights. Only, maybe, (and I repeat MAYBE) if you can choose when you do and don't want to use up one of your chances can it be helpfull.
1) fight as much as you can
2) wait for Virgo harvest
3) fight 4 or 5 more times.

And star gazer is for players who do not fight because it will negotiate with 10 resources (so resources A-1)

there are 12 pages of criticism against these GB because we did not know that they were intended for the battlefields ...

Miepie

Baronet
3) fight 4 or 5 more times

Yeah great, more harvest management. I collect my city with 5 diamonds, only way to exclude buildings from that is by disconnecting them from the roads. Which means that in order to get a functional Virgo, I'd have to take a lot of efford in placing it just so I can disconnect it without disconnecting anything else.
Sure, it's my choice to collect with diamonds. Ofcoures otherwise collecting my city would become a chore, since I'd have to keep emptying my fp bar.

I repeat, for a workable Virgo for this new feature, give the players a choice wether or not they want to activate the bonus for a particular fight. So that when you're busy on the battleground and there's a GvG alarm, you don't have to choose between waisting your expensive virgo bonus on spearmen or neglect defending your sector.

(The rest of FoE will not just stop existing with this new feature)

Virgo is still not great or worth it because of the low use and likelihood. Stargazer I guess has use but if you stocked up on goods before leveling up, I'm not sure by how much. Depending on how goods and medals are required by battlefields they may finally be valuable again and the game will not just be about fps

DeletedUser

3) fight 4 or 5 more times.

And star gazer is for players who do not fight because it will negotiate with 10 resources (so resources A-1)

there are 12 pages of criticism against these GB because we did not know that they were intended for the battlefields ...
Nobody cares about usefullness of Star Gazer, actually :) Because we already need previous era goods for GE (maybe not some of VF players, but still), a lot of players will find it useful GB - if it wasn't from SAM and hence so costly...

But Virgo... I would see where do my personal attrition starts to mess my GBG, to see if I really need to build this in-every-other-case useless GB... So much problems with using this GB, even in the light of GBG, that for now I still think it's a no-go for me.

shad2389

Viceroy
- Un système d'alliance sera-t-il inclus aux champs de bataille ?
Pas pour le moment, mais une réflexion sera portée sur ce sujet.
translated means :
can a system of allys be included in GBG ?
not for now but devs will be discussing it between them

but
IMO nothing will stop 2 guilds who are already allys to help one an other on those maps if they are matched to be in the 5 guilds group you'll be in

- Un système d'alliance sera-t-il inclus aux champs de bataille ?
Pas pour le moment, mais une réflexion sera portée sur ce sujet.
translated means :
can a system of allys be included in GBG ?
not for now but devs will be discussing it between them

but
IMO nothing will stop 2 guilds who are already allys to help one an other on those maps if they are matched to be in the 5 guilds group you'll be in

You do realize this is thread about Virgo/Stargazer and not about Guild battles right?

I agree that there is now no point in building Virgo. I also think that they made right decision on not letting this GB work in the neighborhood... Solution to this contradiction..? Just revamp the whole GB! Delimiting this Gb's functionality is not the whole answer to the problem!

DeletedUser9982

DeletedUser9982

@Zarok Dai

We already know that Space Age Mars comes out live on 28th of this month ( 5 days left )

But i see that no changes have been made to both GBs in the announcements

Tell us, please, Were we all just ignored?
Or there are changes made?, and if thats the case, inform us about it please
Let as know the NEW GBs bonus

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator: