• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback The Virgo Project / Stargazer

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Thats one off the biggest rubbish thread that i've ever read.

Too strong defense? I never meet them in the intire game. Only too weak players which can't play the game effectiffly.
My playstyle ever was PROGRESS; PROGRESS and PROGRESS nothing more nothing less.
Not to have fun in the game.
The only reason for me is to getting stronger and stronger.

And with that one hell of rubbish GBs i can't do this push even further.
Even my tower of babel is in my META-Ranklist even higher.

So now you can imagine how worse the GBs is.

And some off our players have meanwhile over 800% Attack and 270% Attack-Defense.
So theres ist no reason to build this CRAP-Building.

This is GB is only good for Noob-Players not for High-pushed FP-Factorys and Attack-Citys.
Always updates against big players.
Say only Arc-bonus no bonus over 100% possible.

So screw you inno and be ashamed for this update.

@Markus2720
You are being very offensive and rude.
This game is for all type of players, but I guess that contrary to you, most of them play to have fun.
Please don't judge players who have a different view of the game. Please understand that players may have other point of views or opinions and are not necessarily wrong (or right) because they think differently from you.

You made your opinion on the GBs very clear. I am sure you could have express your ideas in more moderate and polite way.

And if you find this thread so bad, why do you contribute to it ? Why does it bother you that people discuss these GBs ?

In this thread, I have seen interesting comments both pro and against the GBs and I am glad that Inno has taken into consideration part of the criticisms. That it is not to the taste of everybody, is unavoidable.

For my part, I am a bit disapointed. I was expecting a more "spectacular" GB (although I have no idea of what kind of GB I wished for...) but there are plenty of BPs that I don't want or need, and that's fine with me. There are plenty ways to progress.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
... Guild battlegrounds will be steamroled by the highendguilds‘ low age high GBs players, which are in the MA or even below with 450|250 % and 20k units in the bank. The high players will keep the GvG clean and boost their combat count, while the „low“ players in those guilds will wipe the rest...
no virgo needed

It's possible, but not likely...

More likely imo is something akin to expedition where 1 battle of a high age player counts for dozens of battles of the low age player due to more 'progress points' per battle.

The questions I'd see as relevant to this building

How fast will attrition progress? Are we talking hundreds of battles to get to hundreds of % of boost or are we talking 10? In context of this GB 100 + 3 or 4 is not so impactful. 10 + 3 or 4 sounds huge. Will we even need close to as many battles as we can do such that 3 or 4 more is relevant at all?

How much of an option will negotiations be? Initial indications have been that attrition doesn't affect them which would mean a goods maven might be able to provide unlimited wins unless the cost is huge. If negotiations are fixed cost, then you could basically say this building is simply worth the value of 3-4 negotiations a day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'd like to suggest (as @Teak I believe pointed out earlier) that the SAM GBs are intended mostly for the top players rather than everybody in general (unless they really want them). While most see the effects are underwhelming for their cost, I think they'd still be better choices to invest FP into than adding another handful of levels to GBs that are already near, at, or even beyond 100. Essentially, if there's nothing else you have that's worth levelling or you're already 'done' with levelling them, then these GBs are still a lot better than filling their 5x5 footprints with other military bonuses/goods production.
Virgo is not worth single FP. Star Gazer not worth single FP for sensible VF player. Better to level whatever instead and keep TF in the place.

And if they are designed for 1) GBG - I guess that we should expect it about Christmas, 2) for next era without Mars colony - it should be given next era.

They are weak and dissapointing and there is no point in building them.

And I guess there was a time for all of us where Coloseum was such a desired novelty, that we built it. No Coloseum reached lvl 70 so far, so there are GBs that suit no gameplay other that "Iwantallgbs".

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And I guess there was a time for all of us where Coloseum was such a desired novelty, that we built it. No Coloseum reached lvl 70 so far, so there are GBs that suit no gameplay other that "Iwantallgbs".

No? Colosseum at its release was already a trap. It had a few people who tried to advocate for it at the time, but RQs were always available and far more efficient - even without a chateau. It's true the advice 'just go take 5th on one level of a high level arc' wasn't available yet though ;)

qaccy

Emperor
Why would you be 'done' leveling them? That supposes that you have a better use for the fps. eg I stopped leveling my TA because I focused on my AO. The tiny gain that the Virgo gives is not worth the thousands of fps necessary to get it there. A player would benefit much more from leveling their zeus to 200 than building the Virgo as it is. As has been said before, the Virgo is so overpowered that it could only be balanced by giving it very few hits, but the fact that it gets so few hits makes it not worth building at all.

As to the Stargazer, yes I could see value in it, but not really for top age players. If inno adopted my change to allow it be goods of an age below that the player can change then it would be a building that every guild playing GvG would need.

Perhaps to you they're low on the priority list that all players have when levelling GBs. I personally think your assertion that a level 200 Zeus is a better investment than a Virgo is pretty exaggerated if not entirely unreasonable. That's not to say I think either of the SAM GBs are great - as I've said before, I think they're both on the lower end mainly because I think they're pretty boring - but that yes, there is a point where the benefit they provide (even factoring in the cost) is higher than other GBs. I think that point is before there's a 100-level difference between them and other GBs, and certainly before 200 levels. This probably applies more to Virgo than the Star Gazer, but I think it's very telling that a lot of players' opinions about them would do a complete 180 if either of them received FP production as a bonus, so I question how thought-out a lot of the feedback about them actually is.

One more note about the Star Gazer. When I said 'top players', I was referring to GB levels rather than actual age. However, any player who doesn't sit in a single age for long enough to amass thousands of goods from several months of completing quests and gathering building productions will likely see value in producing the previous age's goods. This applies all the way up, especially for GE negotiations and eventually running the two harbors.

HossamAly

Merchant
The questions I'd see as relevant to this building

How fast will attrition progress? Are we talking hundreds of battles to get to hundreds of % of boost or are we talking 10? In context of this GB 100 + 3 or 4 is not so impactful. 10 + 3 or 4 sounds huge. Will we even need close to as many battles as we can do such that 3 or 4 more is relevant at all?

For example, the first battles increase attrition by 2% per step, until attrition has reached a total of 10%. Then it would increase by 5% until it reached 50%.
Then there'd be 10% steps until 100%, and ultimately it just keeps increasing by 20%.

With this system, a new player should be able to make about five battle-contributions quite safely each day. And a high player would have to stop after about 30 to 40 contributions.

Perhaps to you they're low on the priority list that all players have when levelling GBs. I personally think your assertion that a level 200 Zeus is a better investment than a Virgo is pretty exaggerated if not entirely unreasonable. That's not to say I think either of the SAM GBs are great - as I've said before, I think they're both on the lower end mainly because I think they're pretty boring - but that yes, there is a point where the benefit they provide (even factoring in the cost) is higher than other GBs. I think that point is before there's a 100-level difference between them and other GBs, and certainly before 200 levels. This probably applies more to Virgo than the Star Gazer, but I think it's very telling that a lot of players' opinions about them would do a complete 180 if either of them received FP production as a bonus, so I question how thought-out a lot of the feedback about them actually is.

One more note about the Star Gazer. When I said 'top players', I was referring to GB levels rather than actual age. However, any player who doesn't sit in a single age for long enough to amass thousands of goods from several months of completing quests and gathering building productions will likely see value in producing the previous age's goods. This applies all the way up, especially for GE negotiations and eventually running the two harbors.

My complaints about these buildings is not exactly about what I think about them but rather what the majority of players will think about them. The fact that you concede that they are not great is the point. Why is this relevant? Because since FE, goods only have value in relationship to how many people want to build a great building in that age. High demand = high value for the goods. Low demand = low value for the goods. In this situation I think the demand will be so low that the goods will be all but worthless. So, why would I want to rush in to SAM for worthless goods as opposed to VF which has very high demand for the goods?

I'd also point out why a level 200 zeus would have more value is because a level 200 zeus is useful in every battle not just 4.

As to the stargazer I agree. The point that I'm making is that players who have stayed in an age for a while which is usually players at the end game waiting for the next age but it could apply to anyone who has done so, has plenty of the prior age goods. Goods from lower ages beyond that may be more difficult to get. That's why I think that this building would have the greatest value if you could choose the lower age of goods you want and be able to change it.

1BFA

Viceroy
Problem: Many players have very very high level of gbs and messing up balancing of the game.

Question: How do these guys get their gbs so high.

Answer: One way is they sell lot of goods.

Idea: What if the demand for goods go down?

j/k

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Problem: Many players have very very high level of gbs and messing up balancing of the game.

Question: How do these guys get their gbs so high.

Answer: One way is they sell lot of goods.

Idea: What if the demand for goods go down?

j/k

Honestly selling goods is a drop in the bucket these days. You make less from a goods sale than a single daily collection often.

DeletedUser6015

Many players have done somethnig correct to have very hight level gbs.
What you would ask is:
what the others players did to have the same hight leves gbs whitout production of pf´s, and don´t say its is from the sale of goods...

DeletedUser10044

I think that those who arrive at the SAM no longer have a fundamental need for anything, they already have everything, so they may not even feel the need to have any new GB, and it should not be experienced as a drama, it simply does not build it, (if they don't like or convince).
At this point the GB must be only a whim not a priority...

Beta is the beta must change and try and players must know that everything can change, indeed MUST change, much worse is when they change in server life, such as changing future rail cannon and tanks of the future, it is worse after

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8362

Just change the coin bonus to x random troops from your age..

That would be enough to make it at least a bit appealing... and not ruin the game balance too much...

DeletedUser8823

I can get the goods quickly using my millions of supplies and coins with frontenac.

I would pay to get the 8 remaining planes (after obtaining the first one) to build it quickly.

I mean, I would do it if the GE was worth it, obviously not the case.

A day after the release of mars age I've searched all my lists and not found a single TVP or SG.
When this much time had passed after the release of the virtual future GB's there were a couple of dozen high level ones amongst my friends list.

DeletedUser8963

Yup, there is simply no interest whatsoever in Mars GBs. Waste of design/developer time.