• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Virtual Future

DeletedUser7889

What would be awesome would be if the attacker fails to win, even by retreating, then the defender gets 24 hours to plunder any unmotivated building. Even better would be being able to plunder the attacker's GB.

DeletedUser5160

Which makes me further think that Zarok maybe masking some information or filters it through to quell the masses....

Lionhead

Baronet
and a staff member has too much time (too less work) and make long discussion because he/she don't like the use of one specific word

so don't blame players. blame the staff

trolling in forums is for players and not for community managers :eek:

so still my point is:
getting random things is boring and nothing completely new :rolleyes:

if I want random things I do a few quests or aid people
or maybe open some incidents

The only one here making the discussion long, was actually you by nitpicking at a word, which you very well knew Zarok meant as announcement in the announcement thread. So you caught a couple of followers, big woop.
Furthermore, you haven´t even seen the GB bonus effectively yet, as this was neither spoiled or announced, so jumping to conclusions is premature.
Envoy is still right, wether you feel otherwise or not. The bonus IS completely new. As in NO other GB has this specific bonus.

Lionhead

Baronet
I don't care what he/she meant

I was using the word announce and I know what I meant

and that started this uses stupid discussion

What a joy you are. Keep nitpicking, keep trolling.

I am still right

random rewards are nothing new
and it is boring

look back other said the same

And Envoy is STILL right. This specific bonus has never been seen to a GB before = completely new.
Go on, keep nitpicking.

DeletedUser9523

Just to chime in briefly:
The amount of "charges" (= number of fights you can be rewarded for) is very low as we specifically did not want to make players feel forced to do a crazy amount of fights every day. ;)

To compensate for the low amount of charges, the rewards you can get from this are really valuable. We basically defined a unique table of possible rewards just for this GB. I am pretty sure you will get to know the actual distribution once the GB is available. ;)

Miepie

Baronet
The amount of "charges" (= number of fights you can be rewarded for) is very low as we specifically did not want to make players feel forced to do a crazy amount of fights every day. ;)

To compensate for the low amount of charges, the rewards you can get from this are really valuable. We basically defined a unique table of possible rewards just for this GB. I am pretty sure you will get to know the actual distribution once the GB is available. ;)

So our point farming GvG friends will get even more rewards for their effords :rolleyes:
Time to really do something about that I'd say, preferably in a way that makes those farmed points they already have melt like snow before the sun, otherwise it will just be harder to ever pass them. Good luck with that development team, we have been waiting for a good solution for years, so surpirise us with your briliant solution.

Lionhead

Baronet
So our point farming GvG friends will get even more rewards for their effords :rolleyes:

I´m pretty sure, they´ll get the same amount of rewards as you and me - if their new GB is at the same level as ours, and not more rewards.
Besides, I hardly consider it a reward being top ranked due to points farming.

That aside, I would love to see some changes to GvG, which prevents or discourages the one-man seek-and-destroy guilds.

justMDZ

Farmer

interesting as described now, but will only have this function or will have a second like almost all GB.

army, FP, diamonds
or
updates to be chosen for the many incomplete buildings

Miepie

Baronet
I´m pretty sure, they´ll get the same amount of rewards as you and me - if their new GB is at the same level as ours, and not more rewards.
Besides, I hardly consider it a reward being top ranked due to points farming.

That aside, I would love to see some changes to GvG, which prevents or discourages the one-man seek-and-destroy guilds.

Yes, they'll get the same reward, for fake batlles.

DeletedUser8859

What would be awesome would be if the attacker fails to win, even by retreating, then the defender gets 24 hours to plunder any unmotivated building. Even better would be being able to plunder the attacker's GB.

A few selected things shall remain plunderable free.

Feanor II

Baronet

To compensate for the low amount of charges, the rewards you can get from this are really valuable.[*1] We basically defined a unique table of possible rewards just for this GB. I am pretty sure you will get to know the actual distribution once the GB is available.[*2] ;)

*1. No offense, but the last couple events make me wonder if you guys play your own game. "Really valuable" seems to be tied to things like Victory Tower Upgrade Kits now. Heck, you have One-Up Kits as Daily Specials with the same acquisition requirements as a Reno Kit. That just defies logic (although to be fair that conundrum has existed for quite a while). Will "really valuable" include things like supply packages, maybe non-premium buildings, etc? Just a bit of friendly advice, keep in mind that anyone who actually builds this thing must have the means to acquire VF goods. That means they're either in VF (which means they've been playing for years and already have an inventory full of "really valuable" stuff), or they have friends/guildmates who fit that bill and can provide such resources, or they have the RW financial resources to consider 24,000 diamonds no big deal (assuming same goods cost as TA). Please keep in mind that context when determining whether something is "really valuable".

*2. To my knowledge, you've never given actual distribution probabilities regarding buildings like the Seed Vault or Wishing Well. There are estimates on sites like Wiki Fandom but those aren't official. Will you publish an official distribution probability list with this GB? Note: if there ARE published, official probabilities and I've just never found them I apologize and retract this statement.

My guess is this thing is probably going to be a TBG-style building. It will be a fun novelty for those who want to go down that path but hardly a staple. Of course, this depends on the second bonus (assuming there is one). The currently-described bonus (at least to the extent that we know it) is probably somewhere a little below Kraken-level in terms of usefulness, except the Kraken also provides FPs. Basically, if you want to make it worth building, it's going to need an FP collection bonus with a distribution curve somewhere between Kraken and AO (since it's apparently 6x6 compared to the 5x5 and 7x7 respectively).

Feanor II

Baronet
Time to really do something about that I'd say, preferably in a way that makes those farmed points they already have melt like snow before the sun, otherwise it will just be harder to ever pass them. Good luck with that development team, we have been waiting for a good solution for years, so surpirise us with your briliant solution.

You could try actually doing some fighting yourself...

Demanding other people be brought down rather than building yourself up is textbook lazy thinking.

DeletedUser

*1. No offense, but the last couple events make me wonder if you guys play your own game. "Really valuable" seems to be tied to things like Victory Tower Upgrade Kits now. Heck, you have One-Up Kits as Daily Specials with the same acquisition requirements as a Reno Kit. That just defies logic (although to be fair that conundrum has existed for quite a while). Will "really valuable" include things like supply packages, maybe non-premium buildings, etc? Just a bit of friendly advice, keep in mind that anyone who actually builds this thing must have the means to acquire VF goods. That means they're either in VF (which means they've been playing for years and already have an inventory full of "really valuable" stuff), or they have friends/guildmates who fit that bill and can provide such resources, or they have the RW financial resources to consider 24,000 diamonds no big deal (assuming same goods cost as TA). Please keep in mind that context when determining whether something is "really valuable".

Since its really valuable things we can get every day all year long (if we place the GB) then dont count on it being anywhere near to valuable at all.
Unless they really came up with something new for the game that you only can get via this GB.

Miepie

Baronet
You could try actually doing some fighting yourself...

Demanding other people be brought down rather than building yourself up is textbook lazy thinking.

Guess that depends on your definition of fighting. I rather fight other guilds in GvG, which I do on a daily basis (that is, on my main world). Something serious pointfarmers won't do, because they are busy training champs to fill their little GvG point farms so they can do their daily dose of fake fights.

But on another note, those rewards, will they come with pop-ups in GvG fights I have to click away to continue? That would be a really bad idea ...

Feanor II

Baronet
Since its really valuable things we can get every day all year long (if we place the GB) then dont count on it being anywhere near to valuable at all.
Unless they really came up with something new for the game that you only can get via this GB.

I know, that's my point. The "really valuable" stuff is probably going to be coins, supplies, medals, maybe FPs. I'm sure there will also be a 1% chance or so of diamonds, though it sounds like it will be X% chance of getting a reward Y number of times per day which means it's a probability inside a probability inside a severely restricted number of opportunities.

Obviously we won't be able to offer an intelligent opinion about the GB until it actually comes out (or they release the actual stats) but my guess is that it's basically just a Seed Vault for fights instead of aiding with TBG-level restrictions on the number of times you'll have a chance to have a chance (no that's not a "doubled" typo) at something good. Like I said though, it's all pure speculation until we actually have real data to work with.

DeletedUser8859

Please keep in mind that context when determining whether something is "really valuable".

Or at least provide "really valuable" options for:
  • Beginning Players: BA to LMA? (Current "really" valuable options work for this group).
  • Middle Players: From CA / Industrial / ME / PME / CE
  • Advanced Players: Tomorrow / Future Eras (Not amused by current "really" valuable options).

DeletedUser8963

I'm quite hyped right now. Really valuable? I'm already seeing "GvG fix kit". That would be valuable, for example.

It might work like this "When used, in next 24 hours you'll be able to see sieges, you won't have lag and so on..."