• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 6

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8108

My point was there are already some GB's who's active boost is irrelevant to players, but they still build them for the passive boost. Why is this GB any different?
Because it's time for a revolution? I'm fairly certain more than half of us were incapable of commenting on an age that far away. I personally joined when the game was already in FE. If I could, and think it would be effective, I can comment on most GB's poor second bonus or poor bonus overall.

DeletedUser8108

because of the bad design of these GBs as it comes to the 2nd bonus it should not used as a lame excuse to not improve this GB, but as always you can type in here what you want devs will not read this section and only a few idea's will passed true to them.
so great argument lol
Precisely.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Because it's time for a revolution? I'm fairly certain more than half of us were incapable of commenting on an age that far away. I personally joined when the game was already in FE. If I could, and think it would be effective, I can comment on most GB's poor second bonus or poor bonus overall.

Many of us who are commenting that it's fine that not all GBs have two amazing bonuses or that not even all GBs have to be great have been playing a lot longer. Before FE and the Arc existed there was balance to the game and part of that balance involved most great buildings not being game changing must have buildings. There were a few great great buildings, a few niche great buildings, a lot of mediocre great buildings, and a few god awful great buildings that noone should ever build. People made choices as to what was worth it to them and you saw cities with all kinds of different GB strategies. Most buildings were not worth taking beyond 10 (costs went up faster than payouts, while benefits per level went down usually - or at least stayed level). FP was difficult to increase one's income of - even after the advent of the SoK a good event might bring you 2 or 3 SoKs and there were far less of them per year.

Since then, game balance has gone out to lunch - and it may never come back - but that doesn't mean every chance should be taken to further aggravate the problem with more FP proliferation. We kinda need one amazeballs GB that everyone wants a set of goods from per age until they figure out a new use for people who make a ton of goods. In OF we have Kraken for that - OF goods are not COMPLETELY worthless because of it, and that's about as good as we'll do for now. When the new age comes and most people jump up with time OF goods may make it where AF goods are now - pretty hard to find/expensive. Maybe less so since people will know to expect the price spike this time and may have larger OF stocks when they move up or will make sure they have enough event buildings that produce OF goods before they move up.

Now while I don't expect ANYONE wants to see more god awful GBs, the other categories were all fine - all of them had someone who would build it and feel it was worthwhile. Usually there was one bonus you actually wanted, and the other you just sortof hoped wasn't completely useless (but often was). The Blue Galaxy is not in the god awful category - its active bonus is pretty close to useless so evaluate it on the other one. The building as a whole is somewhere between mediocre and niche. I won't be building it when it comes out. I won't recommend it to most others. I might build it later down the road since it's a unique effect that as the game evolves might get better(different collections to double or different needs) - or if i run out of other things i want to level because it is worth the space at a high level and only the FP to level it is a question. I will sell goods for it to anyone who wants them without questioning their sanity.

Overall most GBs should not be automatic builds or it contributes to every city looking and operating the same - and that's pretty boring. Some of the cause of this is the developers fault for not giving us continued varying objectives to work towards though. A lot of the cause of this is having provided one overly broken GB already in the Arc.

DeletedUser7239

Now i ask a question further more.
I know this game is more sort of farmville german edition for some players, e that was one of reasons coins and supply no longer gave points when collected, but i ask:
For those that do not have goods factory on their city how is gonna be? at least allow to be used with GB, everyone has at least one goods GB.
I stand by what i said...this GB is very poor.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
sorry for the inconvenience
I want to make 3 questions

programmers also play as regular players
They have personal assessment
the everyday life of the players ?

how many players have requested
the new GB to have the bonuses
of The Blue Galaxy ?

have been informed of the players' messages
in the forums of live servers ?
the messages are from accurate translation ?
'or translate them as I write me too
ie by automatic translation ?
---------------------------------------------------------------
sorry i do not know english
the text in English is from automatic translation

the text in the Greek language

συγνωμη για την ενοχληση
θελω να κανω 3 ερωτησεις

οι προγραμματιστες παιζουν και σαν κανονικοι παιχτες
εχουν προσωπικη εκτιμηση της καθημερινης ζωης των παιχτων?

αριθμητικα πόσοι παιχτες ζητησαν
το νεο μκ να εχει τα μπονους
του The Blue Galaxy ?

εχουν ενημερωθει απο τα μηνυματα των παιχτων
στα φορουμ των ζωντανων σερβερς ?
τα μηνυματα ειναι απο ακριβη μεταφραση ?
'η τα μεταφραζουν οπως γραφω και γω
δηλαδη απο αυτοματη μεταφραση?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8277

I agree that not every GB can be a slam dunk but the feedback for a not so great GB is going to be that it isn't that great. If they want to make it a great one of course it's up to them, considering medals were what Kraken's second boost was before the change and all the reviewers said the same things then I think it's safe to say they knew what the opinion on OF medals was when they made this and won't be changing it.

As for if they should or not of course I'm sure they have their reasons. Kraken caused a big boon with people spending diamonds on BPs and wiping out their inventory FP to build it quickly, they're not going to see that kind of spending with the galaxy as it is now. I base that not just off of this feedback but also people on live talking about it.

I also don't think every GB should have FP. I was wrong to say medals were the least useful thing, in actuality for most people that would be happiness. This GB is unique in that in order to utilize it your city must be set up a certain way with certain buildings making this one worth while. Having this is a detterent to doing any type of renovation (or moving up eras) as removing the buildings you use this on would render this entire GB obsolete. Without a second worthwhile boost to offset that people are going to shy away from building it and most that do will not build it high.

There isn't another GB in the game that becomes worthless if you change your city or get plundered. Remember, all the high value targets you would use this on is what a plunder is going after to, all it takes is being in a rough hood for a time to make this GB pointless. If it did something else of value other than the chance to double collect it would still retain some value but as is there are too many variables counting against it's main boost to follow with a less than stellar second boost for it to still be coveted.

I have several palaces, haven't had an issue with plundering and am not looking to age up/do a reno anytime soon. I will probably build this as is but I will not bother to invest that many FP in it in case it's a tear down.

DeletedUser4446

If the second GB bonus is going to be irrelevant for OF players anyway, then why not make it something different than the same old coins/supplies/medals thing. There are so many other things that can be thought of, like an increasing % of receiving a bonus crate at harvest. I'd like to see more creativity.

Lionhead

Baronet
I also don't think every GB should have FP. I was wrong to say medals were the least useful thing, in actuality for most people that would be happiness. This GB is unique in that in order to utilize it your city must be set up a certain way with certain buildings making this one worth while. Having this is a detterent to doing any type of renovation (or moving up eras) as removing the buildings you use this on would render this entire GB obsolete. Without a second worthwhile boost to offset that people are going to shy away from building it and most that do will not build it high.

There isn't another GB in the game that becomes worthless if you change your city or get plundered.

Most people will probably use this GB on Palaces, TF´s, and if they run out of those in their cities before the daily boost does, they will probably move on to the 3 fp building such as Black Tower, PoH´s (lvl7) and Grand Bridges (lvl7). Any moving up in ages doesn´t change that. And any renovation of cities will likely not make the numbers of the buildings mentioned fewer. So I don´t see how this GB will be obsolete in any way.

I for one will defenitely build it on my main, as I have 4 Palaces, and 3 PoH´s (lvl7), and I will over time level it high enough to at least have a 50% chance of double output from those. That should on average give me just about 15 fp´s on 35 squares. You can´t find any other buildings with that kind of fp per square ratio. And for those with even more 5 fp building, that ratio will only get better.
So I don´t agree that this GB becomes worthless due to any changes in your city (unless you remove any 5 / 3 fp buildings). I agree, if someone gets his or her multiple TF´s and Palaces plundered each and every day, that player shouldn´t build this. So while you don´t have a GB who can become worthless under that condition, you also don´t have a GB who can actually become better without having done any levelling from say level 12 to 13.

I think a blue galaxy is a decent GB, but two observation

(i) for what it does, it is too big. I would cut it to 6x5. Given that Kraken is 5x5 I think that is reasonable.
(ii) The bonuses increase too evenly. They need to increase quicker to level 10 and slower afterwards.

as it is, I don't know if I will build it.

qaccy

Emperor
If the second GB bonus is going to be irrelevant for OF players anyway, then why not make it something different than the same old coins/supplies/medals thing. There are so many other things that can be thought of, like an increasing % of receiving a bonus crate at harvest. I'd like to see more creativity.

Could you elaborate on this? Remember though that the Blue Galaxy's production is mostly there just to enable refreshing the double collection bonus, not so much to be compelling on its own.

I'm bringing the units back up again though, because it's now been drowned out by talk of the GB. @Zarok Dai Do you know if any of the unit feedback from earlier in the thread has been passed on or considered by the developers? Particularly that the Medusa doesn't live up the announcement at all and is generally more of an annoyance than an actual threat (needs much more defense to have 'wonderful shields' and the Blast ability is not powerful enough), and the request to make military units' speed/priority value visible in-game (the hidden value that makes Rogues move after all other units, to name the most prominent example).

DeletedUser7779

I for one will defenitely build it on my main, as I have 4 Palaces, and 3 PoH´s (lvl7), and I will over time level it high enough to at least have a 50% chance of double output from those. That should on average give me just about 15 fp´s on 35 squares. You can´t find any other buildings with that kind of fp per square ratio. And for those with even more 5 fp building, that ratio will only get better.
Wrong, this GB fp ratio is one of the worst in game. Even if you have 10 palaces (best case), you'll be getting 25fps on average for 35 squares, which makes it 0.71 fps per square.
Compared to (fps per square on the same level):
Cape 1.85
Kraken 1.16
CdM 0.88
AO 0.75

Not counting the coins/supplies/goods from palaces of course, but who needs those in OF anyway?
If it had an amazing second bonus, it might have been worth it but the way it is now it's just terrible for OF players. And like Manda mentioned, if you get plundered even once, the efficiency decreases. Not to mention that it'd prevent players from diamond collecting ....very untypical Inno ;)

Lionhead

Baronet
Wrong, this GB fp ratio is one of the worst in game. Even if you have 10 palaces (best case), you'll be getting 25fps on average for 35 squares, which makes it 0.71 fps per square.
Compared to (fps per square on the same level):
Cape 1.85
Kraken 1.16
CdM 0.88
AO 0.75

I never mentioned anything about this being the best GB as fp per square ratio goes. I wrote building. And since you can´t build 2 CC´s, 2 Kraken´s, 2 CdM´s and 2 AO´s, TBG IS the best fp per square building available.

qaccy

Emperor
And since you can´t build 2 CC´s, 2 Kraken´s, 2 CdM´s and 2 AO´s, TBG IS the best fp per square building available.

This is the important thing to keep in mind here. GBs aren't mutually exclusive. Assuming you already have the other GBs you want already, what's better than this to put in a 7x5 space?

@zwucki Think of it like this. Aachen is 6x4 whereas Zeus is 3x2. Zeus is clearly much better to build because it's (EDIT: 1/4, not 1/8) the size and a lower FP/goods cost for what's essentially the same bonus, as nobody cares about the coins CoA produces. However, people still build both, right? Even though on an efficiency scale, CoA is far worse in the comparison than if you want to compare the Blue Galaxy to other FP/goods-producing GBs. For 5 more squares than a Terrace Farm, you can put in a building that has a chance to produce an amount equal to all of the buildings you're doubling with its effect.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5160

This is the important thing to keep in mind here. GBs aren't mutually exclusive. Assuming you already have the other GBs you want already, what's better than this to put in a 7x5 space?

@zwucki Think of it like this. Aachen is 6x4 whereas Zeus is 3x2. Zeus is clearly much better to build because it's 1/8 the size and a lower FP/goods cost for what's essentially the same bonus, as nobody cares about the coins CoA produces. However, people still build both, right? Even though on an efficiency scale, CoA is far worse in the comparison than if you want to compare the Blue Galaxy to other FP/goods-producing GBs. For 5 more squares than a Terrace Farm, you can put in a building that has a chance to produce an amount equal to all of the buildings you're doubling with its effect.

Which is where you are wrong. CoA gives an attackers A/D boost. At this point, the players are so starved for more attacker's defense, we would probably have Alcatraz levels of size just to be able to increase it further.

DeletedUser7779

@zwucki Think of it like this. Aachen is 6x4 whereas Zeus is 3x2. Zeus is clearly much better to build because it's 1/8 the size and a lower FP/goods cost for what's essentially the same bonus, as nobody cares about the coins CoA produces. However, people still build both, right? Even though on an efficiency scale, CoA is far worse in the comparison than if you want to compare the Blue Galaxy to other FP/goods-producing GBs. For 5 more squares than a Terrace Farm, you can put in a building that has a chance to produce an amount equal to all of the buildings you're doubling with its effect.

I agree to some point - after all it's all about our personal priorities. Some players have Hagias maxed out at lvl 70 for example. Surely a Hagia at lvl 70 is better than a SoK as per fps/tile but still not many people focus on leveling it. I personally wouldn't invest thousands of fps to build something which gives me a chance to double collect my palaces, which i only have 4 of.
Which is the other problem with this GB - it's only good if you have like 10 Palaces/TFs at least. And you can't diamond collect. And you can get plundered. Too many requirements for something which is supposed to be a "Great" Building.
Oh and about Zeus/CoA - that's a very different story ;) Attack boost is the most wanted bonus in OF atm (like Nodge stated), so honestly I think if the Blue Galaxy was 10x10 and gave a/d like Zeus, more players would build it than those who will now :D

qaccy

Emperor
Which is where you are wrong. CoA gives an attackers A/D boost. At this point, the players are so starved for more attacker's defense, we would probably have Alcatraz levels of size just to be able to increase it further.

Wrong how? At the fundamental level, it's the same comparison: Two GBs providing a similar bonus, but with vastly different sizes. And it's the same argument in either case as well. You build CoA despite its much lower efficiency for bonuses compared to Zeus because there isn't anything else that's more worth the space in terms of that effect. In the same vein, you'd build the BG along with other choice GBs because, well...what would you put in that space that's better? Another GB that you've already got built? If you already own the Kraken, Hagia, Inno, CDM, Cape, and Orangery then there aren't any other GB options for increasing FP generation and all GBs that (indirectly in this case) produce FP are better than all non-GBs that produce FP. That's the point to keep in mind here, and the one you seem to have missed.

DeletedUser7779

@qaccy
Yes, that's why I said I agree to some point.. If someone has maxed out all other important GBs and looking to dump their fps somewhere, then yes, the galaxy would be a good choice. Though, for the average player, I wouldn't say this GB would be on their priority list. Also, keep in mind, this GB targets a very small group of players - the diamond players, aka those who have a decent amount of palaces in their cities or the pure farmers who have only TFs and SoKs. And Usually those two groups coincide.
On another note, here a suggestion from me to make the galaxy a little more attractive. Since obviously almost no one in OF needs coins, supplies or medals, how about changing the active boost to goods for treasury. But not goods from the current era (we're all sick of the thousands of OF goods rusting in treasury), but goods of any era below the current one. On random, and will change daily.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@qaccy
Yes, that's why I said I agree to some point.. If someone has maxed out all other important GBs and looking to dump their fps somewhere, then yes, the galaxy would be a good choice. Though, for the average player, I wouldn't say this GB would be on their priority list. Also, keep in mind, this GB targets a very small group of players - the diamond players, aka those who have a decent amount of palaces in their cities or the pure farmers who have only TFs and SoKs. And Usually those two groups coincide.
On another note, here a suggestion from me to make the galaxy a little more attractive. Since obviously almost no one in OF needs coins, supplies or medals, how about changing the active boost to goods for treasury. But not goods from the current era (we're all sick of the thousands of OF goods rusting in treasury), but goods of any era below the current one. On random, and will change daily.

It does target one other group - one you usually don't think about when worrying about min-maxing space... Daily or less players who run 24 hr+ goods productions. 20-30 goods is one of the more interesting options to double, it just isn't available from any event building yet and min-maxers are better off taking 3 10s if they can than a chance at doubling 20 (assuming they run any goods at all).

DeletedUser8108

@qaccy
I support this wholeheartedly. Anything but medals, would add at least some value to the GB. The Double Collection Boost is nice, but it is awfully nerfed. You need to make the second bonus worthwhile to make the GB better

qaccy

Emperor
People still missing the point of the medal bonus. It's not there to be 'good', it's there to enable/refresh the double collection.

I'd bet that if the Chateau was released to this group of players rather than being something that's been in the game since they started playing, they'd complain that the GB was 'worthless' because it has a coin production on it...