• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 6

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7779

I definitely prefer 1 where you can see the entirety of what you're moving into - rather than move into a partial age and hope inno doesn't torture you for 6+ months with lackluster phases in an incomplete age with a flailing economy. If I'm going to be in a dead end, at least the dead end of a complete age is better than the dead end of an age you have no idea if it'll get more or less miserable - OF killed off my hope - AF had already killed many of my friends hope so they took it better (I enjoyed AF - but as i mentioned earlier, i wasn't there for the early phases).

Note that with most of the new parts of OF i didn't have something new i wanted to do - rather they just brought lost hope of things getting better. I quit all my alt servers for a while around oceanic phase 3 because i was so unhappy with my main. I have started a new one up a few months back and that's where i have the most fun atm. The dilemma of how I'm going to continue to have fun there once i start getting closer to the end of the tree is still some months out at least.

I very much agree. I've always preferred an era released all at once rather than in parts, and those 6 parts in OF were just awful.
Here my thoughts:
Buildings:
OF offers the most variety of houses, supply buildings, decos, happy buildings. Good, now the question is who needs so many?? The devs are obviously filling tech tree with junk only to make us waste our fps and resources. (not even commenting on the pricey avatars!). Any era below AF has at most 3 non-premium houses, OF has 6!!. I've seen no one complain about "only" 3.
Let's take the 4hr houses for example. Why on Earth we need 3 different 4hr houses? Why did we have to waste resources on researching floating and houseboats when the bridge house is much better?
Another junk example is the new lifeguard tower deco (2x2)...gives 1115 happiness. Face of the Ancient / Sun God provide 1113 if anyone in OF is that desperate for happiness...
Same with happy, supply buildings....

Military:
When released in parts it's harder to balance out the troops. We've seen a lot of rebalancing in AF, and now it doesn't look any different. Quite annoying. I don't recall any of this happening in any other era except the rail nerf in FE.
Furthermore, I'd rank nautilus and octopods as junk units...so once again devs are out of ideas and forcing us to research something we don't need. Not sure about the 3 new units, I hope they prove me wrong.
Third, exactly because of those "junk" units, it's now harder for someone who just advances to OF to get good troops from GE. Surely one would want eels, subs and turtles when entering OF and chances are now 3/10 vs 3/5 had it been only 5 different units like all other eras. (6 in AF).

Continent map:
I don't mind fighting cmap, but with so many provinces it's become more of a hassle than fun. Most of the tiles can be auto'ed with 8 eels or a turtle-sub combo, so to me it's just another annoying clicking. Not to mention the ridiculous negotiation cost when quests forces us to do so.

Expansions:
Only good thing in releasing an Era in parts was that we got 4 expansions for each.

DeletedUser7239

Well there goes my opinion especially for the new GB.. medals again devs, please use your brain..your starting to lose players as it is (i do notice it on my main world), if you want to impress/make happy players heres what i advice you
Two situations and make it fast(i guess OF part +OO should hit real servers by next week);
A)Allow GB/Others to double its colection not only factory based productions + change the medals to: % att/def (like zeus).
Or
B)Allow GB/Others to double its colection not only factory based productions +FP a day, mixed like cracken.
You did change the kraken from a crap GB to a great one, so do it!

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-02-07 - Replaced/removed inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
I very much agree. I've always preferred an era released all at once rather than in parts, and those 6 parts in OF were just awful.
Here my thoughts:
Buildings:
OF offers the most variety of houses, supply buildings, decos, happy buildings. Good, now the question is who needs so many?? The devs are obviously filling tech tree with junk only to make us waste our fps and resources. (not even commenting on the pricey avatars!). Any era below AF has at most 3 non-premium houses, OF has 6!!. I've seen no one complain about "only" 3.
Let's take the 4hr houses for example. Why on Earth we need 3 different 4hr houses? Why did we have to waste resources on researching floating and houseboats when the bridge house is much better?
Another junk example is the new lifeguard tower deco (2x2)...gives 1115 happiness. Face of the Ancient / Sun God provide 1113 if anyone in OF is that desperate for happiness...

Military:
When released in parts it's harder to balance out the troops. We've seen a lot of rebalancing in AF, and now it doesn't look any different. Quite annoying. I don't recall any of this happening in any other era except the rail nerf in FE.
Furthermore, I'd rank nautilus and octopods as junk units...so once again devs are out of ideas and forcing us to research something we don't need. Not sure about the 3 new units, I hope they prove me wrong.
Third, exactly because of those "junk" units, it's now harder for someone who just advances to OF to get good troops from GE. Surely one would want eels, subs and turtles when entering OF and chances are now 3/10 vs 3/5 had it been only 5 different units like all other eras. (6 in AF).

Continent map:
I don't mind fighting cmap, but with so many provinces it's become more of a hassle than fun. Most of the tiles can be auto'ed with 8 eels or a turtle-sub combo, so to me it's just another annoying clicking. Not to mention the ridiculous negotiation cost when quests forces us to do so.

Expansions:
Only good thing in releasing an Era in parts was that we got 4 expansions for each.

Buildings: It's not so much the number that matters, but whether they're improvements. The buildings (as you pointed out with the bridge house) are best at the end of the tree. I could see an issue if the best buildings were at the very beginning and the subsequent OF additions simply added more buildings that were worse than what was already available, but that's not really the case.

Units: Even released all at once, you're going to have 'bad' units in the grand scheme of things. FE wasn't 5/5 with great units when it released, nor was any other age before it. Thanks to rogues, you usually just pick one and pair with them for the vast majority of battles. However, with OF that's not usually a viable strategy thanks to Turturrets, allowing other units to have uses. The Nautilus is more mobile and more resilient than the Sub, making it better against Dragon Breath (which ignores Contact) and for closing in on artillery, which also outranges Contact in the first and maybe even second round of battle. The Octopod is useful as well; thanks to having the highest defense of all units, it's able to shrug off attacks so well that in most cases it's even more durable than Battle Fortresses despite not having Reactive Armor at all. The issue here is honestly that Hover Tanks are (still) so effective against OF units because of stealth, especially in GE. Octos are formidable, being able to handily take care of Subs in two shots even with a large difference in boost levels and unlike Hovers or Crabs, they won't be taking a guaranteed 4 damage back from Contact.

Now, are the extra units absolutely necessary to be able to win battles in OF? No, not at all. However, even though we very much like to force the 'one size fits all' approach as much as possible when battling and count it as a win even if we walk away with 5+ dead units due to using a suboptimal army, there are players who like playing units to their strengths and actually using all of them when the situation calls for it. Fighting through all of GE in OF all but necessitates knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each unit rather than simply dismissing any of them as 'junk'.

Regarding the continent map...I don't see a real problem with it myself. It's not like negotiation costs are any higher now than they've been ever since like...PE. Relative to the age of the map, of course. Auto-battle is possible in the continent map from the very beginning with same-age units, especially with military boost factored in. Pick whatever the 'better than everything else' unit is from the given age and go to town!

Lionhead

Baronet
Well there goes my opinion especially for the new GB.. medals again devs, please use your brain..your starting to lose players as it is (i do notice it on my main world), if you want to impress/make happy players heres what i advice you
Two situations and make it fast(i guess OF part +OO should hit real servers by next week);
A)Allow GB/Others to double its colection not only factory based productions + change the medals to: % att/def (like zeus).
Or
B)Allow GB/Others to double its colection not only factory based productions +FP a day, mixed like cracken.
You did change the kraken from a crap GB to a great one, so do it!

Since you kicked off with a rather harsh retoric, let me do the same:
Are you sure you used your brain, when thinking out loud your proposed changes to TBG?
A) You can´t change an ACTIVE bonus (Medals) to a PASSIVE bonus (att/def %).
B) Well, I just don´t understand what you´re actually proposing here.

If you observe players quitting the game solely based on the abilities of one new GB, then I say: Let them. There can´t be much in the game they relate to anyway.

DeletedUser7779

Buildings: It's not so much the number that matters, but whether they're improvements. The buildings (as you pointed out with the bridge house) are best at the end of the tree. I could see an issue if the best buildings were at the very beginning and the subsequent OF additions simply added more buildings that were worse than what was already available, but that's not really the case.
And that's not my point. In most eras we have only one type of a building, usually one 1hr, one 4hr or 8hr and one 24hr house. Now we have 3 4hr ones, only because the endless tech tree had to be filled with something. Why not instead release everything at once, skip the useless houses, decos, etc, and reduce the number of techs? If Inno insists on making us pay thousands of resources, I'd very much prefer to have fewer techs which cost more but give something useful rather than having to research dozens of junk buildings.

Units: Even released all at once, you're going to have 'bad' units in the grand scheme of things. FE wasn't 5/5 with great units when it released, nor was any other age before it. Thanks to rogues, you usually just pick one and pair with them for the vast majority of battles. However, with OF that's not usually a viable strategy thanks to Turturrets, allowing other units to have uses.
That is all true, though i was not commenting on how good or bad other eras are. I said no one has ever complained about them and they were never rebalanced, except for the rail nerf. Both AF and OF were released in parts and both needed adjustments a few times, hence my point about devs not having the overall picture when doing so.

The Nautilus is more mobile and more resilient than the Sub, making it better against Dragon Breath (which ignores Contact) and for closing in on artillery, which also outranges Contact in the first and maybe even second round of battle. The Octopod is useful as well; thanks to having the highest defense of all units, it's able to shrug off attacks so well that in most cases it's even more durable than Battle Fortresses despite not having Reactive Armor at all.
In theory, yes. Though tell me, on which GE encounter did you use nauts or octopods and they performed better than the "standard" army you were using before they got released? If you could point out even one example, I'm very much willing to try it out and revise my opinion if necessary. Until then, I classify them as junk.

Now, are the extra units absolutely necessary to be able to win battles in OF? No, not at all. However, even though we very much like to force the 'one size fits all' approach as much as possible when battling and count it as a win even if we walk away with 5+ dead units due to using a suboptimal army, there are players who like playing units to their strengths and actually using all of them when the situation calls for it. Fighting through all of GE in OF all but necessitates knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each unit rather than simply dismissing any of them as 'junk'.
I agree, see above - give me an example where nauts/octopods lose less troops than other combos.

Regarding the continent map...I don't see a real problem with it myself. It's not like negotiation costs are any higher now than they've been ever since like...PE. Relative to the age of the map, of course. Auto-battle is possible in the continent map from the very beginning with same-age units, especially with military boost factored in. Pick whatever the 'better than everything else' unit is from the given age and go to town!
It's not a problem, it's just annoying that it's so much. Also, I like to finish cmap as quickly as possible exactly because of those lame quests which makes us negotiate or scout. And this is now not possible with new map for each part. I bet carnival event will coincide with OF 6 release on live, so we'll be forced to negotiate. Which actually costs more than in previous eras, as some sectors require prometheum / orichalum.

DeletedUser5097

Well monstrous boost on the defense works well enough if also combined with well balanced units in interesting combinations so you have to logic out a counter to what's before you. rather than you know ignore what's in front of you and click the 8 eels or 8 hover tanks in your inventory and hit auto-auto. (Also note a need for a carrot of some sort as to why i'm supposed to care about the continent still - an expansion here or there matters less when you've got so much land to begin with - goods boosts are more or less unused)
Or selecting 8 subs, nautillius, turturrets, manta's, octopods, BF's or plasma artil. for that
mater.xd Even with high bonuses like GE, it's still not much diffrent. With the excaption of
8 artil. when something flys, but ok. it's stupid to sending out full artil. vs flying stuff in
general.
More bonus or better combinations for provinces... provinces keep in a ''whatever'' situation,
provinces are still the same walks with slightly more stuff to care off, but with super att. GB's
it hardly makes the diffrent. Since it's still the same formula.:p As you pointed out in the
eurlier post, that the old formula at this point is getting a bit... repeating the same stuff in
a reskind way. So higher bonuses, better combinations are pretty much still the same.xd
OF definitely has some pretty steep costs compared to AF, but in comparing the two fully, I think they did learn and improve the experience moving from AF to OF development. The tech tree is a lot more involved, compared to the two- or often even single-lane layout of the AF tree. AF has far fewer buildings (both premium and normal). There was a slight misstep in the OF tree with the 'mandatory avatar research' but they (thankfully) quickly abandoned that approach and went back to attaching them to other researches moving forward. Combat is looking to be a lot more complex with the largest unit selection out of all ages. As a complete package, AF is essentially like the ages before it...but I can tell you, going through it phase by phase was a far worse experience for AF than it has been in OF. Surrogates and Raiders were the only available units at first compared to crabs, subs and eels in the initial OF offering; they were both effectively useless having far worse designs than they do currently. The buildings that were available in part 1 AF also looked more like an extension of the Future than a new age...though this last bit may be a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it.

While the 'phase by phase' release schedule is still pretty contentious, I have to say I found each new OF release much 'meatier' than equivalent AF releases, even with OF also having more parts to it and overall taking longer to release. Not to say AF was a bad age, but between the two I really have to say OF was a drastic improvement in how Inno delivered it to us.
Strongly agreed, the AF TT is a mess, OF TT is more normal like other TT with the exception of AF TT.
OF is indeed a improvment with beeing realy a new age, not a expansion. Something that fit very well
for this type of ages.
At the end AF's begin is a bit twisted. At one point the designe to be a expansion of FE and later evolving
in a own age is claver, yet a bit odd/sad. It's claver when you look to AF as a start up for exploring diffrent
possible futures and their outcomes. With a nice cross over from FE to make it even more clear. It's the only
age with two styles in one. Making it unique, a bit of both good and slightly weaken the AF. Still I think a
resuffle in the AF TT for making polish the TT would be great for the game, if possible.

what do you preffer:
1. a new era/age and wait 8 to 12 months for a new one?
2. a new era/age divided in parts and have a new part (something new to do) every 2-3 months?

divide an era/age in parts let FoE team have a constant activity in all servers. for me the first option is more boring . a lot more than the 2nd option.
Agreed, guass that's why they cut it in episodes.
I definitely prefer 1 where you can see the entirety of what you're moving into - rather than move into a partial age and hope inno doesn't torture you for 6+ months with lackluster phases in an incomplete age with a flailing economy. If I'm going to be in a dead end, at least the dead end of a complete age is better than the dead end of an age you have no idea if it'll get more or less miserable - OF killed off my hope - AF had already killed many of my friends hope so they took it better (I enjoyed AF - but as i mentioned earlier, i wasn't there for the early phases).

Note that with most of the new parts of OF i didn't have something new i wanted to do - rather they just brought lost hope of things getting better. I quit all my alt servers for a while around oceanic phase 3 because i was so unhappy with my main. I have started a new one up a few months back and that's where i have the most fun atm. The dilemma of how I'm going to continue to have fun there once i start getting closer to the end of the tree is still some months out at least.
Also agreed, looking back on it. AF and OF would have been more fun to explore as a antire
age like they are now. Yet the problem of beeing end TT player is, you always have to wait.
So it's a bit difficult to said what to prefure. Getting every few months arround 6-8 new tech.
some provinces, some missions, or waiting 9-12 months for a super large age like OF and
getting +/-55 tech., plenty provinces and many missions.
I think a poll over all services could not be a bad idea. Just to check the general opinion.

Here my thoughts:
Buildings:

Military:

Continent map:

Expansions:
Strongly agreed, as you pointed out this is exactly the trap the team
felt for in the last two ages. Hopefully they will use your feedback for
the upcoming age.:) I'll hope they comingup with one entire age.

With the past improvments compared to AF, I'm hopefull and possitive.:)

As for the episode motives. At first in AF the motives where, as far I knew from what was told by Inno, was
to releasing faster and building up a age on players' feedback and proceeding with it. I think the needed
knowledge and feedback has been gained over time with AF and OF. In a nutshell:
1.) Own style - it's a new age and every new age had it's own style, unlike AF, was improved in OF
2.) A clear TT - no mess like AF, in OF this was improved
3.) No diamond buildings unlocking with tech. - like AF, improved in OF
4.) Not only avatars unlocking in one tech. - in later OF improved
5.) Please no episodes, since episodes resulting in increase quanity rather quality

I might be overlooking a few points that came out of the past feedback, but I think this where 4 major
points.:) I think armed with knowledge of the past it's okay to built up a entire age and releassing it as
a entire age.

DeletedUser8108

Does no one else realise that The Blue Galaxy is awfully poor? At Level FIFTY THREE, 60% chance to motivate 12 buildings, possibly Terrace Farms, the highest FP producing building in the game, is only like 5x7 = 35 FPs. Why not double the number of buildings INNO?

Lionhead

Baronet
Does no one else realise that The Blue Galaxy is awfully poor? At Level FIFTY THREE, 60% chance to motivate 12 buildings, possibly Terrace Farms, the highest FP producing building in the game, is only like 5x7 = 35 FPs. Why not double the number of buildings INNO?

Good luck trying to get 35 fp out of 35 squares without TBG. Some of us actually have some Palaces, so we additionally get quite a few Goods too. You might not need the goods, I might not, but I have several guildmates on my main, who surely would benefit.

DeletedUser7239

Since you kicked off with a rather harsh retoric, let me do the same:
Are you sure you used your brain, when thinking out loud your proposed changes to TBG?
A) You can´t change an ACTIVE bonus (Medals) to a PASSIVE bonus (att/def %).
B) Well, I just don´t understand what you´re actually proposing here.

If you observe players quitting the game solely based on the abilities of one new GB, then I say: Let them. There can´t be much in the game they relate to anyway.
My english was crystal clear, and it seems that YOU cannot get it, so allow me to draw it easy for you.
NO PLAYER in OF wants more medals, thats so bad that i cannot even express myself more without swearing more.
B) Allow me to translate to you: goods collections from all buildings + fp production a day, like the kracken.
Its better now? :D
I do use my brain way more then you for sure, thats why i only see nonsense that serves no purpose.
Oh and wait
"[/QUOTE]If you observe players quitting the game solely based on the abilities of one new GB, then I say: Let them. There can´t be much in the game they relate to anyway.[/QUOTE]
Well, players do not quit the game because of one GB, but its easy to see they do quit BECAUSE allot of bad decisions are made, see now?
And this GB is a +1 mistake.

qaccy

Emperor
My english was crystal clear, and it seems that YOU cannot get it, so allow me to draw it easy for you.
NO PLAYER in OF wants more medals, thats so bad that i cannot even express myself more without swearing more.
Allow me to translate to you: goods collections from all buildings + fp production a day, like the kracken.
Its better now? :D

No. I'm honestly not sure what I'm more tired of. FP production on GBs or players wanting every new GB to have FP production on it. This one already does, with the bonus of being able to provide more than just that. Looks fine to me.

The medals aren't there to be good, so much as they're there to enable to double collection bonus. It's just like how you collect from a Lighthouse, Dynamic Tower, etc in order to reset those bonuses.

EDIT: Cleaned up formatting

Last edited:

DeletedUser7239

Well, players do not quit the game because of one GB, but its easy to see they do quit BECAUSE allot of bad decisions are made, see now?
And this GB is a +1 mistake.[/QUOTE]

No. I'm honestly not sure what I'm more tired of. FP production on GBs or players wanting every new GB to have FP production on it. This one already does, with the bonus of being able to provide more than just that. Looks fine to me.

The medals aren't there to be good, so much as they're there to enable to double collection bonus. It's just like how you collect from a Lighthouse, Dynamic Tower, etc in order to reset those bonuses.[/QUOTE]

So, this GB can have the A) option att/def , like zeus.

qaccy

Emperor
I just realized that my last post ended up being a huge mess because the post I quoted didn't properly utilize quote tags. Apologies for that.

Anyway, while @legiox kind of has a point that we could certainly make use of a new source of military bonus for attacking armies (it's long since gotten to the point where it's unrealistic to keep up with enemy units in GE), I don't believe this is the time or place for that. The BG's passive bonus is essentially FP generation, along with goods, medals, coins and/or supplies depending on how it's used, or even guild power. It's essentially par for the course these days for a GB to have just one 'good' bonus while the other is merely a token effect, and that's what's happening here. A GB doesn't need two powerful bonuses, especially when one bonus is merely to enable the other. In fact, with how it's designed it's not only possible but likely that the only reason the BG has any sort of collection at all is because that's the mechanism which allows 'charged' GB effects to work. If they could implement it so we got the x amount of double collections per day without having to click on the GB, the Blue Galaxy would probably only have one bonus on it like the ToR, Zeus, and Cape.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8150

Anyway, while @legiox kind of has a point that we could certainly make use of a new source of military bonus for attacking armies (it's long since gotten to the point where it's unrealistic to keep up with enemy units in GE), I don't believe this is the time or place for that.

Really? Maybe if you have a city full of SOKs or special buildings. My live cities have some attack bonus barracks (5) but i've more than enough attack to finish OF GE easily. (low/middling CDM/Zeus/Ar)

Not that i'd turn down more attack but only because i could junk some barracks.

DeletedUser8511

frustration rant. Inno ... please stop the spiral ... think of the future
OF parts: 6 in total. Next era 10?
OF: 8 type of units with champ included, now you are going to add 3 more? next era 15?
GBs: why does every non era before Future, only have 2 GB, and Arctic and Oceanic gets 3? next era 3 or 4? Scrap that Blue Galaxy, save it for next era.
Expedition: consider extending from 1 week to 2 weeks to compete the 4 level, this may give a chance for players to just play, and not be set into some kind of routine. players are complaining there is too much to do to stay active in a guild.

Your audience count is getting lower and lower, long time players are dropping. New players are to overwhelmed for whats needed to reach the end or compete with older players. These extra boosts and bonus you are giving, are really only going to benefit the real top players. Casual players get the short end of the stick.

qaccy

Emperor
Really? Maybe if you have a city full of SOKs or special buildings. My live cities have some attack bonus barracks (5) but i've more than enough attack to finish OF GE easily. (low/middling CDM/Zeus/Ar)

Not that i'd turn down more attack but only because i could junk some barracks.

OF is an anomaly and honestly easier to fight through than it should be, as I'm sure you're aware based on previous discussions we've had. Look at AF or even FE, where you don't have Turturrets and Hover Tanks have strong counters, for an idea of what fighting all the way through is actually 'intended' to be like.

Boost-wise you're not really going to be able to get your units as high as 260/260 bonuses, and that's what I'm talking about when I say we could make use of another attacking military bonus GB at some point.

frustration rant. Inno ... please stop the spiral ... think of the future
OF parts: 6 in total. Next era 10?
OF: 8 type of units with champ included, now you are going to add 3 more? next era 15?
GBs: why does every non era before Future, only have 2 GB, and Arctic and Oceanic gets 3? next era 3 or 4? Scrap that Blue Galaxy, save it for next era.
Expedition: consider extending from 1 week to 2 weeks to compete the 4 level, this may give a chance for players to just play, and not be set into some kind of routine. players are complaining there is too much to do to stay active in a guild.

Your audience count is getting lower and lower, long time players are dropping. New players are to overwhelmed for whats needed to reach the end or compete with older players. These extra boosts and bonus you are giving, are really only going to benefit the real top players. Casual players get the short end of the stick.

What's fundamentally wrong with a longer age with more stuff in it? How is 10 different units somehow worse than 5? 3 GBs worse than 2? What we're getting in OF isn't going to have any negative bearing on what we receive in any upcoming age(s). Anyway, I find it rather interesting that your post seems to be complaining about OF being drawn-out, yet you want to make GE last longer. I don't get that part either.

Forge is actually doing fantastic in terms of player count. Also, events are widely believed to favor new players and get them sticking around in the game. When you have a city full of normal buildings you just researched, things like Wishing Wells and Bazaars look a lot more appealing compared to when your city's pumping out hundreds of FP and goods per day that you don't even have to produce normally.

DeletedUser7239

Last time they changed the kraken to a good building, lets if they do that this time.
For BDSM players,medals can be obtained in gaea statue.

DeletedUser4446

False. I have 3 worlds where I finished the tech tree and continent maps, but I'm about 1 or 2 million medals short to buy all available expansions.

Obviously I could/should spend more time on donating into other players' GBs to collect them, but I simply don't have the time to do so.

No medal problems on my main world, obviously, but I just wanted to let you know that there are definitely players in OF that don't have enough medals. So you can stop being angry about it.

But to stick to the main point, the amount of medals any GB would give players in OF will be nothing but a drop in the ocean for what they need to get those final few expansions, costing 500k+, and therefore will never convince me to build it, solely for the medals I need.
It's way better to put the FPs you would spend for that thing into other players' high level GBs, because when aiming for cheap reward spots 4 or 5, you will get 20 times more medals for the same effort.
But because I don't have the time to hunt for those reward spots on my other worlds, I'm just slowly collecting medals from recurring quests during harvest, currently coming in at about 3,000-4,000 a pop, immediately rendering any medal GB useless.

So yes, I agree, a medal bonus from a GB at this point is very pointless indeed, even for OF players that are a few million short.