• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Oceanic Future Part 4

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
oh really, its a 24 hour production
so i need 10 days for this story mission, if i have only one ShellfishFarm ...

Edit:
is this another Inno plan, to even more slow down the game ?
until they get more super creative ideas, to make another (3rd) oceanic-future-GB

i guess you found out, that i'm not happy about the last GB
even it have a over 90 % chance at lvl 60 with 14 battles (Kraken i mean)
If you have only one building of that type, then yeah it would take 10 days. That doesn't seem strange for a story quest, honestly. They've always included researching specific technologies, scouting/acquiring specific provinces, building/producing specific productions or units, etc. Things that take time, days, and sometimes maybe even weeks depending on your resources and tech/continent map progress.

There are "produce X 24-hour productions in Y production building" story quests at least from Industrial Age onward. Yes, I know there are smaller production buildings around that era, but the city space is also vastly smaller. Therefore you could run into the same scenario even then. You either build more if you want to progress with the quest faster, or you build less and just take your time. Ultimately the quest can be completed though. :)

podkap1970

Emperor
this is not really true, but nevermind
this time you need a specific production building (5x6)
earlier you could do the production with just an oceanic future production building, it was a lot easier
thats a big diffrence ...

no idea how you can defend this, Forge of boredem, Forge of reloading, Forge of clicking
but its not Forge of Empire anymore, thats for sure

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If you have only one building of that type, then yeah it would take 10 days. That doesn't seem strange for a story quest, honestly. They've always included researching specific technologies, scouting/acquiring specific provinces, building/producing specific productions or units, etc. Things that take time, days, and sometimes maybe even weeks depending on your resources and tech/continent map progress.

There are "produce X 24-hour productions in Y production building" story quests at least from Industrial Age onward. Yes, I know there are smaller production buildings around that era, but the city space is also vastly smaller. Therefore you could run into the same scenario even then. You either build more if you want to progress with the quest faster, or you build less and just take your time. Ultimately the quest can be completed though. :)

Well technically starting in industrial age those story quests would all be of the form 'finish X 24 hr productions in a building your age or Y 24 hr productions in a building from the previous age' - there are very few story quests that required you to actually be in the age of the map (one at the end of PME to research specific tech, one at the end of CE to research specific tech, and then nothing until OF4 as far as i'm aware). Not that i have a particular complaint with this story quest, but it is out of place compared to all the other ones we've had in many many ages.

urine luck

Baronet
Why did you build The Kraken then. It's getting allot of hype and it doesn't look that good so why build it?
because there is nothing else to do and i hope they improve it. it is not something i will invest fp in though, and like i have with other gb's i will delete it if it is not improved

its not getting any "hype". a gb with "hype" was something like temple that raised to lvl 48 in 2 days or arctic orange. krakens are lvling slow because there isnt any "hype"

the only reason they are lvling fast enough for you to think there is hype is because of the massive amounts of excess fp people have now

Last edited:

urine luck

Baronet
darkstar' can you tell me who this GB was designed for, specifically. when the bonuses were chosen, who specifically did the devs believe would find them useful?

DeletedUser7942

index.php

That doesn't seem strange for a story quest, honestly.

this time you need a specific production building
Yeah, I can't recall a single story quest that asked for a production from a specific building. It's always either "from your age" or "previous age" or no age.

Story Quests in Arctic Future and Beyond (Oceanic Future 3 Map Included)

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
have story quest rewards stopped being boosted by chateau?
All quests are still boosted by Chateau, if your Chateau is connected to the Town Hall. The amount you're seeing in the quest reward is already the boosted amount. The new quest overview doesn't yet have an indicator/note for the boost, but it's something that's on our minds.

darkstar' can you tell me who this GB was designed for, specifically. when the bonuses were chosen, who specifically did the devs believe would find them useful?
Battles are one of the core elements of the game. Medals are currently used for expansions, all-ages GvG map, getting attempts in Guild Expedition. With that in mind I think the bonuses are meant to be useful in general, and not just for a specific play-style. Let's put the current balancing (number of battles or chance) aside as that can be adjusted, would you consider the First Strike useful in your gameplay? If no, why not?

Yeah, I can't recall a single story quest that asked for a production from a specific building. It's always either "from your age" or "previous age" or no age.

Story Quests in Arctic Future and Beyond (Oceanic Future 3 Map Included)
"Produce 3 gatling guns or recruit 6 field guns". Starts from there, from what I remember, as that's a story quest. I get your point that these type of tasks are generally 'normal' quests and it may not be common for them to be story quests, but the task is intended to be a story quest here. :)

DeletedUser5429

Battles are one of the core elements of the game. Medals are currently used for expansions, all-ages GvG map, getting attempts in Guild Expedition. With that in mind I think the bonuses are meant to be useful in general, and not just for a specific play-style. Let's put the current balancing (number of battles or chance) aside as that can be adjusted, would you consider the First Strike useful in your gameplay? If no, why not?
If would find this bonus useful if it was not limited to a certain number of batlles.
As it is now, it is so much limited as to be useless to anyone doing more than N fights daily. (N being low)

DeletedUser7942

"Produce 3 gatling guns or recruit 6 field guns". Starts from there, from what I remember, as that's a story quest. I get your point that these type of tasks are generally 'normal' quests and it may not be common for them to be story quests, but the task is intended to be a story quest here. :)
Okay you found one lol, from back in Industrial Age, I stand corrected, of course that has an OR condition as well. Is that like the only one in the game(Story line) aside from the OF4 one that just got added? It's not that big a deal for me personally as my city is highly versatile and flexible but I can see how it could be a problem for others.

DeletedUser7942

If would find this bonus useful if it was not limited to a certain number of batlles.
As it is now, it is so much limited as to be useless to anyone doing more than N fights daily. (N being low)
Yeah it seems the % for chance goes up pretty good as it levels but the amount per fights is horrible. Would a lesser % chance to have the effect and a static ability be better? Or simply more fights?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Okay you found one lol, from back in Industrial Age, I stand corrected, of course that has an OR condition as well. Is that like the only one in the game(Story line) aside from the OF4 one that just got added? It's not that big a deal for me personally as my city is highly versatile and flexible but I can see how it could be a problem for others.
There is at least one 'bonus' (also non-abortable) one asking for Have 1 doctor or produce medications 5 times. I can't search through all quests just for that, and don't think it serves any purpose. :D Was just saying that we've had this type of non-abortable quests, even if they're not common. Feedback's been noted though that the amount of productions requested may be too high.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Those 'age-locking' quests were very common through colonial. Industrial is where they stopped mostly (there's a few quests in industrial that are things like 'build an industrial residential building OR complete a tech that unlocks a residential building'). The industrial bonus line i believe also has something age-locking in it but not the main story. And then the one quest in PME and the one quest in CE.

Cardena

Squire
Since almost none in Ozeanic Future will have a normal production building, because there is no need for the production of supplies. I have none, and my supplies still go up and up.

For the Kraken, I think the first strike is very usefull and I would like to have that ability. But! and this is a big BUT! If I build it, and at the moment I am not sure I am going to build it, I will have days after days were this GB will be without any use for me because in the small amount of fights no first strike will be going to happen (and for concidering the much higher possibility at level 60 is out of consideration for me now, because it will take for ever for me to level that GB to such a high level, none of my GB are near that level now).
I would prefer if the amount would be the maximum amounts of first strike that are going to happen, even if the possibility of this going to happen in a single fight would go down.
As it is know, there will be many unhappy players, because they have gotten now first strike for some days and the discussion why this is a likely happening will be fruitless. There is too much chance involved in the GB for now.
And the amount of medals really is too low for OZ players, so again, this is more a building for low era players who will be happy about the medals and will not look as much for the first strike to happen (and be unhappy if none happens that day).

urine luck

Baronet
darkstar'

"Let's put the current balancing (number of battles or chance) aside as that can be adjusted, would you consider the First Strike useful in your gameplay? If no, why not?"

first strike is a nice idea that could certainly be useful if it was ramped up a lot and also worked for the second wave. you want a lvl 80 kraken to be hitting in 50% of your battles for me to think its worth having.

the medal reward may as well just not exist. i have no idea what era someone would need to be in for that amount of medals to be useful. give it goods as its second bonus

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regarding would first strike be useful : It's either going to be too good, or not good enough - not really a middle ground. Instakilling a unit is huge. With either few attempts or a low percentage though it's going to be a relatively minor bonus.

As is I think it's good for the very specific playstyle where you don't fight too much and perhaps need an extra hand on a really tough fight that you save for your collection and then restart until you get the instakill you need in it. Or in the case where you have 10 people who show up for recalc and you each need to get 10 fights in it'll make a couple of them easy.

I'd like to see stats on a level 80 Kraken - if it goes up 2 attempts per 10 levels that could be first 20 fights with a relatively high %. It might be another GB that's just for the whales like orangery.

Silveralius

Squire
@Darkstar : Still no answer to my question? That RED question...

So. I divide my opinion into several categories.

How it visually looks?
Very well. I very like looks of Kraken.

Something about size.
5x5 is great. But what about increase that to 6x6 and giving fb? (I know it is impossible now).
I like small GB and Kraken has the same size as Castel and is worse. WHY?

Something about passive bonus (First Strike).
The idea of that bonus is great. I very like that idea. But. 6 First Strikes at lvl 10? That is so low. The chance looks good. But that number of First Strikes is bad very bad.

Something about active bonus (Medals now).
Now we have 4 GB to produce Medals. I mean that is to much. Change that to something useful. If not fb, what about military bonus or production of goods?
The best is Military bonus or fp.
Peoples in OF haven't any use for that much medals. If you have plans to add something that requires a tons of medals so this GB have purpose. If not so in this state is completely useless for people in OF. Is good for people in low eras without Arc. But many of then haven't goods to build it.

DeletedUser

But that exactly IS the case... It is very good bonus, no-one denies, but in this shape... useless. You know, like window - very good idea indeed, but with glass made of wood... useless.

And I thought about making this good, but not too good, medals apart. First - remove the condition "x battles". Then lower the probability: I think AO might be good example - it gives 50% more injuries, Kraken gives 100% more injuries (yeah...), so divide AO probability by two and voila!

And the condition: "only in start of the battle" - that also can stay, because that would make less impact on the whole game for single player, unlike AO, so Kraken would be weaken in comparison, but still useful for fighters.

I myself do about 30 fights 2-3 days in a week. Probability of making 5/day of them easier (they are not hard already, mind you) is really nothing. For the rest of the week - I simply won't use it at all... So: Kraken is worse for me even than Notre Dame, because its bonuses I would use every day, no matter how bad they are...

DeletedUser7158

I understand that medals are necessary for expansions, extra GE attempts and AA GvG, but let's be honest - the amount of medals this GB gives is a pittance compared to what we can get by simply investing in other GBs. GB investing is still, by far the best way to acquire medals.

I like the concept of First Strike, but the daily cap placed on it, ruins what could be a good GB. Remove the daily cap and you will make this a worthwhile GB to have. Change the secondary bonus from medals to something like goods, military boost or FPs and you suddenly have a great GB that people will want.

Inno, keep in mind that when people really want a new GB, copious amounts of diamonds are spent to buy the BPs for it. ;-)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@Darkstar : Still no answer to my question? That RED question...
Because it was designed with that size? I really wouldn't compare Great Buildings of different sizes and different bonuses, and consider which one is "better" or "worse" because depending on your gameplay you may have different opinions of the various GB bonuses.

But that exactly IS the case... It is very good bonus, no-one denies, but in this shape... useless. You know, like window - very good idea indeed, but with glass made of wood... useless.

And I thought about making this good, but not too good, medals apart. First - remove the condition "x battles". Then lower the probability: I think AO might be good example - it gives 50% more injuries, Kraken gives 100% more injuries (yeah...), so divide AO probability by two and voila!

And the condition: "only in start of the battle" - that also can stay, because that would make less impact on the whole game for single player, unlike AO, so Kraken would be weaken in comparison, but still useful for fighters.

I myself do about 30 fights 2-3 days in a week. Probability of making 5/day of them easier (they are not hard already, mind you) is really nothing. For the rest of the week - I simply won't use it at all... So: Kraken is worse for me even than Notre Dame, because its bonuses I would use every day, no matter how bad they are...
But then that's a different kind of feedback - that the skill is good but the current balancing of the First Strike needs improving, and not that the Great Building is in no way useful. Which is good because that's feedback that can be worked with. :)