• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

I like the dual reward aspect. That is something new isn't it? If it isn't, perhaps it means something that with my 4th and least advanced world, I have actually taken note of two different rewards for the same thing.
Double rewards were in the old one as well. In fact just about every event ended with a double reward, usually the main prize and an avatar. In the old one they had been listed side by side on the bottom.

DeletedUser7942

Yes speed much better now and with the option to not have to confirm aborting quests it's a few seconds faster than the old system to cycle through quests, takes me 15 seconds to cycle through 10 quests, 20 seconds on the old system and 40 seconds on the original inception of the new system. So thank you for the improvements.;):)

DeletedUser8277

The speed does seem much better, at first I thought it was just a faster looking animation but they really do seem to load faster.

I'm not a big fan of the scroll bar and the quest jumping around after completion but removing the confirmation box and speeding it up for loop questers were big improvements. I consider this a win and will be looking forward to this on live.

I also hadn't taken a picture prior to the change but I believe the text had been black on white which seemed a bit too brightly illuminated. Now it looks like it's a dark brown on off white which seems dimmer and more comfortable to read. I could be mistaken, maybe it was just my brightness settings at the time.
takes me 15 seconds to cycle through 10 quests, 20 seconds on the old system and 40 seconds on the original inception of the new system.
Thank you for taking the time to do the math on that. When you say cycle through the quests do you just mean running through them to load them and not to do them? In this case I think your numbers may be off due to how the new system jumps the quests around for instance if you had been doing this on a quest looping city you wouldn't just need to load the quests up anymore you would need to Do collection-hit collect-scroll down to where the quest window has jumped through-cycle -repeat for every completed quest.

The added time to scroll down would depend on how many quests were there but my thinking is the scroll and quests flipping around would add maybe 1.5 to 2 seconds per cycle but one could only test that when they were actually using the new interface on a quest looping city. 2 seconds might sound small but multiplying that by how many quests you complete while doing collections.

DeletedUser7942

Thank you for taking the time to do the math on that. When you say cycle through the quests do you just mean running through them to load them and not to do them? In this case I think your numbers may be off due to how the new system jumps the quests around for instance if you had been doing this on a quest looping city you wouldn't just need to load the quests up anymore you would need to Do collection-hit collect-scroll down to where the quest window has jumped through-cycle -repeat for every completed quest.

The added time to scroll down would depend on how many quests were there but my thinking is the scroll and quests flipping around would add maybe 1.5 to 2 seconds per cycle but one could only test that when they were actually using the new interface on a quest looping city. 2 seconds might sound small but multiplying that by how many quests you complete while doing collections.
Yes that's the way I did it but the numbers are not off they just don't account for that other stuff as I can't test that on beta but also seeing as how just those two improvements will actually make it a bit faster in that respect I'm guessing any added time for the scroll and flip will even out. The important thing though is we know it won't be twice as long which if left the way it was would take me over just an hour to collect but if nothing really changes either way and the time remains the same then I'm fine with it though would still like to see improvements with other aspects to speed recurring questing up more but that's for another discussion.

DeletedUser7107

It is much faster yes. But it is still awkward to use, and I can cycle through the old one faster. When i get to the pay coins and supplies quest it does not fit in the boundaries of the area and I have to scroll down further, once again, to complete it. . I am sorry but there is no smooth flow of motion here necessary to rapidly collect rewards and cycle through the quests.. I

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7107

I just finished loading 735 fp on a friends GB doing the recurring quests along the way. After each 90 Fp donated on the agonizingly slow GB interface I collected the reward for spending 84 fp, and the spend coins and supplies quest as I cycle through back to the spend fp quest. This really took a lot of time and was extremely tedious. This is a big hit on my game experience and I am very disappointed

DeletedUser8341

Now that I have finally got around to recurring quests with the new quest overview, I have to say a big "NO" to this one!

Having to read a description each time, in the hope of knowing whether I want this quest, then pressing OK even though I don't know if it is OK, then reading what is required, then pressing on the book to get back to the Abort button, then pressing Abort, then pressing to confirm that I really did mean 'abort' .. this is far too much!

Either the task needs putting on the first view, so that I can read what I would have to do while still having an Abort button available (preferable), or the Abort button needs to be on the second view, along with the task.

And is a confirmation even necessary when I can cycle back around if I made an error?

DeletedUser8277

And is a confirmation even necessary when I can cycle back around if I made an error?
They released an update that makes the abort button optional. For me it came up when I first clicked abort after the update. If you don't see it there I would check your settings.

*Edit-Actually after looking at my game settings I cannot find anywhere to switch this back on if I wanted to. It shows diamond confirmation, annimations and hilighting unattached units... Nothing about the abort screen.

I thought when I selected to hide it it said I had the option to turn it back on if I desired. Also if this prompt didn't come up for you or you dismissed it the first time, where would you find it to disable it?

DeletedUser8341

They released an update that makes the abort button optional. For me it came up when I first clicked abort after the update. If you don't see it there I would check your settings.

*Edit-Actually after looking at my game settings I cannot find anywhere to switch this back on if I wanted to. It shows diamond confirmation, annimations and hilighting unattached units... Nothing about the abort screen.

I thought when I selected to hide it it said I had the option to turn it back on if I desired. Also if this prompt didn't come up for you or you dismissed it the first time, where would you find it to disable it?
Thank you but I am almost certain there never was a prompt to turn off the Abort button. I would not turn off the abort button, anyway, it is the placement of it that is at issue; I want a way to abort.

(There is no new option, just the old ones including one about weather that I have never worked out what difference it makes!)

WillyWuff17

Squire
Thank you but I am almost certain there never was a prompt to turn off the Abort button. I would not turn off the abort button, anyway, it is the placement of it that is at issue; I want a way to abort.

(There is no new option, just the old ones including one about weather that I have never worked out what difference it makes!)

There is a checkbox inside the Window of the Abort-Button. At least in the Browser. Only if you check it to not see it anymore there is no option/setting to bring it back. Like the warning if you move a part of a set.

I like the new Quest UI (...in the Browser).
In the App it is just bad.

DeletedUser

The abort option is available on the browser version, not on the app version.

ZENA

Marquis
SO what would make it faster? Everyone here is complaining, how about suggestions for fixing the things you hate?
The developers spent a lot of time creating it and its not going away, so HELP fix it!
Saying it is terrible is not going to make it disappear!

then maybe the devs must fix the problems
if it aint broken dont fix it.
there is a lot of ideas here thy can look and bugs that really need to be fix. maybe if thy spend more time on that it will go better and the revenue will go up. then thy did not need to sell 51% of the company to MTG

OlifaNT

Merchant
1) Stop the flying windows thing, from the left or bottom or whatever
2) Stop the moving completed missions to the bottom
3) Remove the idiot changing position of the button (due to the amount of text in a mission)
4) Fix the PAY mission button
5) Stop forcing me to click OUTSIDE this window when I win a BluePrint.

Or even better: give us back the old interface. Stop BREAKING things that were working perfectly. Start solving the REAL bugs.

Thanks.

DeletedUser7905

I agree with you, I really do not like the new interface and I repeat, the ability to hide some recurring quests would be really good, after you could view them again via the options menu

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[QUOTE = "OlifaNT206, poste: 49348, membre: 4893"] 1) Arrêtez la chose des fenêtres volantes, de gauche ou de bas ou autrement
2) Arrêtez le déplacement des missions complétées vers le bas
3) Supprimez la position de changement idiot du bouton (en raison de la quantité de texte dans une mission)
4) Fixer le bouton PAY mission
5) Arrête de me forcer à cliquer à l'extérieur de cette fenêtre lorsque je gagne un BluePrint.

Ou encore mieux: remettez en mémoire l'ancienne interface. Arrêtez de rompre des choses qui fonctionnaient parfaitement. Commencez à résoudre les bugs REAL.

Merci. [/ QUOTE]

Je suis d'accord avec vous, je n'aime vraiment pas la nouvelle interface et je me répète, la possibilité de cacher certaines quêtes récurrentes serait vraiment bien, après avoir pu les visualiser à nouveau via le menu des options
ja wunderbar wenn in Sprachen geantwortet wird die keine Sau versteht :rolleyes: