• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8441

Ok at first I really didn't get on with it, you may get some complaints when you roll it out in the main worlds :)
Now that it's been a while I much prefer it to the current one. It does make checking through the quest list far easier and I think it will fit far better with the mobile version when you around get to that.

DeletedUser7107

ah wonderful, maybe I spoke too soon. Now the story line is frozen solid

DeletedUser7107

Devs just can't help themselves, they have to show us how clever they are. they finally got it to a good end point and just couldn't leave it alone, they had to move the collect button

DeletedUser8341

I had thought the repeating quest issue had been resolved. I've must reached the point at which I am getting them once more and finding the old story - click to see what is needed - task & rewards - click to abort - am I sure - click to abort - story - click to see what is needed - task & rewards - click to abort - am I sure - click to abort - story - click to see what is needed - task & rewards - click to abort - am I sure - click to abort - story - click to see what is needed - task & rewards - click to abort - am I sure - click to abort - story - click to see what is needed - task & rewards .. yeah! Found it!

This is daft and needs changing asap.

DeletedUser8471

Working with this Overview is so much more slower, it's so much difficult, bad to play. I'll don*t play anymore this game with this horrible Overview. :(:confused::(

I realize this is older and for the PC interface, but applies to App interface as well.

The new format has just arrived on the app, and it is terrible to use. Realy not good at all. Takes to many clicks, and the overlook is totally gone. Please go back to the old format.
When I harvest, I usally complete 4-5 quest at a time. And with the new format it takes at least twice as long.
Bad update. Go back.

I started a Beta world this past week because I was interested in seeing new developments in progress. I have to say I felt discouraged to keep going, or got annoyed at the fact it slows down my ENTIRE city, including things like Aiding and visiting Taverns. It makes doing recurring quests such a painful experience I didnt want to continue playing the Beta world.

@Zarok Dai For the app, the one thing that bugs me is that you have to flip the quest to see what it is, and then flip it back to abort it.
Is there any way that the abort and quest could also be on the same side so there is less flipping? Other than that I actually like the screen. It takes getting used to but I am starting to enjoy the new look.

I get that this interface is more of a "Book" to the story of the game, so of course the Story aspect should come up first. I would like to say that moving the "Abort" button to the actual quest screen would cut down on players aggravations by saving time swapping between the "story" page and the "quest" page.

EDIT: Thinking more about it, is there any reason why the "abort" button cannot be on both screens to prevent double handling? And possibly make the animations for sliding optional and just have it "pop" up for us like it used to? It does drag out the process incredibly and I find it causes lag on the iPhone App.

Which leaves the obvious requirement..

Yes please add the Abort window checkbox to the mobile app interface would be a great time saver and better overall experience.

Overall I enjoy the new interface, in concept only. It has flaws that has slowed down gameplay, which in turn would hurt players abilities to complete daily tasks they have set up a strategy to complete. This could turn your more advanced crowd of players that employ the "recurring quest/Chateau" strategy, and in turn make players less inclined to purchase diamonds or even continue playing the game at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

...is there any reason why the "abort" button cannot be on both screens to prevent double handling? And possibly make the animations for sliding optional and just have it "pop" up for us like it used to? It does drag out the process incredibly and I find it causes lag on the iPhone App.
The normalised manner on Android/iOS to remove an unwanted item is to flip it to the left. Given that accidentally aborting a recurring item is not without remedy (just abort another seven) there is little reason why this should not be deployed on the app to quickly flip through to the recurring quest wanted.

DeletedUser

A few updates on app improvements we are working on:

For the quest overview on mobile:

• We made the abort confirmation optional
  • We sped up the collect+abort animations
  • We added "swipe left to abort"

(These improvements are in version 1.109, which should be available the end of this week)

DeletedUser8471

(These improvements are in version 1.109, which should be available the end of this week)

Thank you all sooooo much! That should most certainly make the new interface work better and more friendly to players. I can't wait to try it out later this week.

DeletedUser5160

Any word on moving the collect button back to where it was for PC Players....

SirSmithy

Squire

Thanks! Those are great news!!!

DeletedUser8404

Is it possible to put an indicator somewhere of the total number of challenges? Or perhaps a "X/Y" indicator, where X is the number of complete and Y is the total.

The reason I ask is that I just "completed" my 4 and was wondering where my Collect button was, only to discover a fifth, unnoticed challenge that I might have a hard time completing, given the limited timeframe. It was very easy to miss because the first four quests lined up perfectly with the window height, and until today, I don't think I'd ever seen a DC with that many challenges.

DeletedUser7107

Please put the collect button back where the abort button is. It makes for much smoother operation

DeletedUser8404

Please put the collect button back where the abort button is. It makes for much smoother operation
Since it seems that there's strong support for both keeping the Collect button where it is now, as well as for putting it back to where it was previously, perhaps that could be an option? Or would that be too much coding for too little gain?

DeletedUser7779

New quest overview was released live on US servers yesterday....
3 out of 4 times when i was cycling on app game crashed....
Absolutely speechless, i swore i'd never post in this forum again and havent checked it in a while but this left me absolutely stunned!
Not only the game crashes when cycling, but also on app we can't see what quest we're aborting!! Is that a joke?
Why can we see the the quests in browser but on app it shows us some the stupid text and we have to click on the OK button to see what the quest is really about??? This has probably been mentioned before but i can't believe it wasn't addressed....Now i'm cycling way slower on app as it's so easy to miss the quest i want...i have to stare at the questgivers and remember in what order they show up so i dont have to click on the OK button every time ... *facepalm*
Congrats on the excellent job...

DeletedUser8341

on app we can't see what quest we're aborting!! Is that a joke?
Why can we see the the quests in browser but on app it shows us some the stupid text and we have to click on the OK button to see what the quest is really about??? This has probably been mentioned before but i can't believe it wasn't addressed....Now i'm cycling way slower on app as it's so easy to miss the quest i want...i have to stare at the questgivers and remember in what order they show up so i dont have to click on the OK button every time ... *facepalm*
Congrats on the excellent job...
I have to agree. I cannot fathom why the improvement on the browser was not implemented on the app. I don't like the scrunched-up look on the browser and think the story should take up as much space as needed on the first showing, pushing the rest of the contents down the screen, but at least it doesn't stop the player from moving on with the game.

The insistence on showing story also needs to change. Where there is nothing really to say, the Quest Overview seems to be insisting that something IS said. So, for the Fall Quest, we are always presented with the same text (effectively "carry on"). That is not necessary and since the idea of the new Quest Overview was to allow greater flexibility, it should not insist on text for every task.

The ability to swipe abort is good BUT how are players supposed to know about it? After I had reloaded the app (there was no ability for me to upgrade it) I was told by a pop-up that I could now slide units to-and-from the army - which I have been able to do all the time I have played the game - but there is no hint that swipe on recurring quests is a possibility. I spread the word via the en forum and my guilds etc. but there will be many players who don't happen upon that ability. Despite swipe being implemented, there should be an abort button for those browser players who occasionally use the app, so that they have a uniformity of interface.