• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

What bothers me most is this cartoon style, intended for children.
Which part do you mean? Seems styled the same as always (see side by side pic below)

I dont understand how anyone can argue that more clicking is involved in this
In its initial release it doubled the time to go through the recurring quests to get to the one you are doing, hence the numerous comments about it, so they partially fixed it by adding the ability to not have to confirm aborting every quest. They still need to apply the fix of the sliding animation as that still makes it longer to do.

Other complaints I've see were size, technically speaking the quest itself is smaller it's just there needs to be more room to fit all the different quests which in the end though if you exclude the little tab is not much bigger anyway.

I think the white text needs to go back to the tan with no backdrop behind the text and the Recurring Quests need to go back to that title not titled Side Quest.

Until all that is fixed and I can truly test on my recurring city I won't know for certain if it's better, worse or same.

side by side 2 - Copy.PNG

Size of Window - Copy.PNG

White text with extra backdrop may give a bit of difficulty reading, halo effect, tan text with no backdrop from old window better
text example - Copy.PNG

Edit: 8/1 they fixed the text to have no extra backdrop which helps and gave Recurring quests their previous titles, so all that is left is the sliding thing I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairy Lily

Steward
but it takes a lot longer, that's the real issue

Then make suggestions on how to improve it.
The new interface for the Quests is here to stay so try to make it better! Just hating on it won't make it better. It could become a really good thing with good advice from us players.

Fairy Lily

Steward
I liked the old view, the new one is very terrible :( :mad:

Very slow, longs ways for mouse and absolutly unpractical.
Maybe it´s rebalancing for faster FP-spending? :rolleyes:

SO what would make it faster? Everyone here is complaining, how about suggestions for fixing the things you hate?
The developers spent a lot of time creating it and its not going away, so HELP fix it!
Saying it is terrible is not going to make it disappear!

SergeB1

Squire
SO what would make it faster? Everyone here is complaining, how about suggestions for fixing the things you hate?
The developers spent a lot of time creating it and its not going away, so HELP fix it!
Saying it is terrible is not going to make it disappear!
Could esteemed developers spend their valuable time for fixing real bugs, not creating things which are not asked by community?

DeletedUser8341

When an alert is triggered that a quest is complete, sliding opening the quest view should show the completed quest at the top. Even better and as well, there needs to be some kind of highlight on completed quests, to make it clear - perhaps a change of colour (more golden?) of the reward ribbon.

When a quest is completed, any new quest needs to appear at the top. It is too easy to miss when it is being added last (out of sight). (Once the quest view is closed, it can be repositioned in whatever order is being used.)

It makes sense that repeating quests appear at the top.

DeletedUser7529

With new quest overview I was hoping for much bigger change. It was already suggested that a list with all available quests in queue should be shown and player has a choice to choose 2 active quests.
Currently not much changed - if you want to repeat given recuring quest you still need to cycle through all quests. So old problems stays in new box. And new box doesnt allow you to easly see which one you are on (ie by mouse hover or just showing advisor miniatures).

DeletedUser8388

so sorry but the old design/system is much faster and better !! i hope you give the old system back ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry but with this new system i dont have fun to play ......................;:)eek::eek::eek:

Queen Amaria

Steward
Saying it is terrible is not going to make it disappear

Some people here say it before:
What would I make faster? -fast like the old one, of course (or faster would be nice)

I see it like siwalein - Give us the old one back!!!

Long ways with mouse, long waiting for new Quests cause of moving pictures - looks nice but NOT practical for player which do lots of quests every harvest.
It makes very unhappy and will take lot of complaints in the liveservers, i´m sure.

DeletedUser7107

I have seen a preview of a fix that brings the next quest in faster, and I thought it looked much better. We should receive this at the first part of next week.
It is now the middle of the week, when does this happen?

DeletedUser7107

Then make suggestions on how to improve it.
The new interface for the Quests is here to stay so try to make it better! Just hating on it won't make it better. It could become a really good thing with good advice from us players.
so making it faster is not a valid suggestion? How that is done is a developers function, not a players role

Fairy Lily

Steward
so making it faster is not a valid suggestion? How that is done is a developers function, not a players role

Yes it is, but just repeating the suggestion does not help. An idea of how it could be done from a players perspective could also be useful.

Remove the sliding animation, and just have the next quest pop-up like it did previously in the old screen minus the slide which might make it faster..
Making the Story icon smaller by a bit so that it blocks even less of a view while still being functional.
Maybe decreasing each quest size so that they fit in on one page and we do not need scrolling...
Maybe also changing the look of the treasure map so that it matches to the other icons. It looks a bit off since it is different.

I get it its the developers job, but our suggestions can help give them good ideas.

DeletedUser8341

(App comments.)

Will future "do this OR do that" requirements have counters for both conditions? (E.g. Build 3 from your age or 5 from previous age but only showing one counter giving no indication of progress on the option.) THAT would be a major benefit.
Here is an example of what I'm talking of, on the old (current) style. "Build 6 of one or 5 of the other." Fine, but which should I now concentrate on? I can see I built 4 of 5 but have I also built 5 of 6 or was it only 3 of 6? I can't tell because the information - which is clearly being held by the system - is not being made available to me, yet can affect my decisions.
IMG_1005.jpg

While the quest view is being programmed (and having some new functionality to be more flexible for future quests) the 'or' part of many current quests should be properly catered for by showing the player how they are progressing on both parts of the options.

DeletedUser7107

Yes it is, but just repeating the suggestion does not help. An idea of how it could be done from a players perspective could also be useful.

Remove the sliding animation, and just have the next quest pop-up like it did previously in the old screen minus the slide which might make it faster..
Making the Story icon smaller by a bit so that it blocks even less of a view while still being functional.
Maybe decreasing each quest size so that they fit in on one page and we do not need scrolling...
Maybe also changing the look of the treasure map so that it matches to the other icons. It looks a bit off since it is different.

I get it its the developers job, but our suggestions can help give them good ideas.
Thats all been said, more than once

DeletedUser8341

I like the dual reward aspect. That is something new isn't it? If it isn't, perhaps it means something that with my 4th and least advanced world, I have actually taken note of two different rewards for the same thing.

And .. look, the reason for the green tick is actually at the top of the page, where it belongs. (I suspect that is coincidence, though. This is a feature that should be programmed before release.)

DeletedUser7608

Keep up the good work guys ;o)

Screwed up trading = more time wasted to post trades
Screwed up event window = more time getting to aid list
Added achievement popup = more time wasted waiting for it to disappear
Added Taverns with mostly redundant rewards = more time wasted having to return help out of curteousy
Added incidents = more time wasted trying to find something that may not be there at all
Screwed up GB interface = more time wasted adding FP & understanding what the status is
Screwed up Quest interface = more time wasted on numerous non user friendly additions

Alas I know there are more but I'm over excited with all the great work the devs have been doing lately to stop me doing one or all of the above tasks in my many worlds!

(I do hope everyone understands that this post is being sarcastic)