• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event

Artubar

Baronet
Did any community suggested changes made it to the live servers?
..at least not the apple trees...
... is this an unspoken statement that you don't want to make them better visible?
..Of course the development team can't just pick this up from the forum and use the same thing in the game. It takes time for adjustments to be made, it's not something that happens overnight. Everyone understands the request but that's not the only thing that requires attention and even if it's the main focus it still wouldn't happen right away...
And so it happened never.
Thanks a lot for your great customer care.

DeletedUser1264

Sorry if we've been told this already, but:
Who is the "Ruth" character whose avatar is a prize in this event?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
..at least not the apple trees...

And so it happened never.
Thanks a lot for your great customer care.
Apple Tree at the start of the event (screenshot from this post) vs. Apple Tree now (on the right).
DGzkmJ7.png
gKwQdOx.png

No, it's not the Apple icon on top of the Trees or similar items, sorry. I can only assume that there wasn't enough time to adjust it to something like that.

Sorry if we've been told this already, but:
Who is the "Ruth" character whose avatar is a prize in this event?
I believe they're both simply random names for the avatars and aren't mentioned in the Fall Event story.

DeletedUser1264

Thanks, DarkStar - I didn't realize there are two different ones. What's the male avatar, please and thank you? And could you ask the artists who they had in mind? Even if it's colleagues of theirs, rather than someone known in the world at large, they usually do seem to base the event avatars on someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
Apple Tree at the start of the event [..] vs. Apple Tree now (on the right).
Ok - sorry, I've been wrong - something has been changed.
But you have to admit - without comparing those two versions next to each other, one could not notice any change.
And to be honest - that's merely a change to say "we did something" rather than addressing the real problem / players' wish. It's still a wimmelpicture where it shouldn't be.

DeletedUser1264

Ok - sorry, I've been wrong - something has been changed.
But you have to admit - without comparing those two versions next to each other, one could not notice any change.
And to be honest - that's merely a change to say "we did something" rather than addressing the real problem / players' wish. It's still a wimmelpicture where it shouldn't be.

I don't know what a "wimmelpicture" is, and I'm sorry some people are still having what they feel is excessive trouble seeing the apples, but ... I suppose it has occurred to you that for many players the trees look great and the fact that they aren't super-easy to find is part of the fun?

I would be sorry to see something like a floating apple icon replace these charming trees. Maybe they could develop an option that colour-blind players could switch on.

Darkstar, thanks for introducing me to Bernard. I hope you can ask the artists for me who they had in mind. There are so many apple-related characters in literature and history ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead

Baronet
Darkstar, thanks for introducing me to Bernard. I hope you can ask the artists for me who they had in mind. There are so many apple-related characters in literature and history ...

Maybe it´s Gerorge Bernard Shaw, who once said:

"
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."

DeletedUser6705

I don't know what a "wimmelpicture" is, and I'm sorry some people are still having what they feel is excessive trouble seeing the apples, but ... I suppose it has occurred to you that for many players the trees look great and the fact that they aren't super-easy to find is part of the fun?

I would be sorry to see something like a floating apple icon replace these charming trees. Maybe they could develop an option that colour-blind players could switch on.

Well mink, I hope and pray for you that you never start to lose your sight - color-blindness is something you clearly do not suffer from, and that's also a blessing. I know several players (including me) who simply CANNOT see the apple trees. So if we want any chance to play the event we spend twice daily some time hovering with the mouse on every single tree that's got the right shape... if it lights up, it's an apple tree... if it doesn't we proceed to the next tree.... and the next... and the next...

No one in their right mind would remove a wheelchair ramp and brag how wonderful it is that it's now a fun challenge to clamber up the steps... how and why is a computer game design without the slightest concern for accessibility still acceptable, despite umpteen people crying out for a change from the word go? After all, FOE is not a fast-paced action game, but something that can be played on a fairly sedate pace.

DeletedUser4285

Maybe those "charming" trees could have done with an image of some people picking apples from them ;)
Or maybe they could have been the only trees about in the wilderness :p

1BFA

Viceroy
Maybe the easy thing would have been to have have the trunk of the tree partially white in color.

Artubar

Baronet
"Finish 50x 1 h production".
Three days before the event finishes?? Seriously?!?
Although it's a quite large number (and stupidly repetitive, we already had one with 30x), it's still no problem - except for if you have only SoKs in your town & no space to build some blacksmiths.

DeletedUser6705

Why can't i Store a Wishing Well with my Store Building Kit? Thought it was for Event Buildings
I think I've read somewhere that this currently only works for items with a given age, say the cider mill, champs retreats, oasis, sok etc. It currently doesn't work for rouges or any other structure that doesn't have a set age. But this might be possible in future

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Although it's a quite large number (and stupidly repetitive, we already had one with 30x), it's still no problem - except for if you have only SoKs in your town & no space to build some blacksmiths.

Speak for yourself! It is a problem, and it's so ridiculously stupid, I can't even believe it. "Contribute x-amount Forge Points to GB" would have been preferable. Still though, I guess I should be happy; at least it's not "construct a GB".

I don't normally complain publically about game stuff, but I can't help myself this time. o_O

1BFA

Viceroy
Speak for yourself! It is a problem, and it's so ridiculously stupid, I can't even believe it. "Contribute x-amount Forge Points to GB" would have been preferable. Still though, I guess I should be happy; at least it's not "construct a GB".

I don't normally complain publically about game stuff, but I can't help myself this time. o_O

Lucky it is not 50 24hr Production :)