• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

CrashBoom

Legend
and we need more shrink kit than fountains from normal GE reward chests

because we get the fountain also as relics but no shrink kits

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
also, thanks for the reduction in bonuses, but unless there are coming up some crazy event buildings, those values will not be achievable anytime soon, if at all

Why no reduction in negotiation costs? 10k goods for a single round of negotiation is just ridiculous - at least add something like a -50% goods cost boost and a - 1 option bonus to the forgotten temple.

Beta567

Baronet
The Fountain of Youth and Fountain of Youth Shrink Kit were previously included in this selection kit and will now be available through fragments from various encounters.

This change will make it possible for you to get a lot more Terrace Farms than before while the new structure in place for The Fountain of Youth and Fountain of Youth Shrink Kit will allow you, on average, to obtain the same amount of these buildings as before in the medium term.

For example, comparing the reward structure before and after this last balance update, on average you will get the same amount of The Fountain of Youth and Fountain of Youth Shrink Kit as before in a 16-week period. But now, in this same timeframe and on average, you will get Terrace Farms related rewards every single week.

I love this part ha-ha. You wrote those paragraphs in a very delicate manner.

and then I read this:

hm....

FoY now: 1/16 per week (live: ~1/4 per week) --> 4 times worse in comparison to live
FoY shrink kit: 1/16 per week (live: 1/2 per week) --> 8 times worse in comparison to live

Did not change much in comparison to last week, although last week we still had the option to select 2 FOY SK instead of 1 and 1 to compensate for FoY from Relics.

Inno is trolling... at those rates they can remove the FoY completely. I doubt anybody in their right mind would build a "diamond farm" nowadays with those rates and somebody that does not build a "diamond farm", has no use for FoY anyway.

Radarjohn

Farmer
GEX5%20logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Tuesday, March 14th, the first Guild Expedition including level 5 will begin!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one or two short sentences like "What was the name of the Temple again? I forgot." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
The cost of lvl 5 outweighs the gain of prizes. And the prizes for every 4th fight in lvl's 1-4 have diminished to nothing.

Qumpfer

Farmer
Ich hoffe, dass sich nun im 3. Anlauf der GEX einiges verbessert hat und ausgewogener ist. Bislang waren meine Gildekamerad*innen und ich mehr als unangenehm überrascht. In unserer kleinen Gilde überlegen wir, ob wir es uns leisten, Stufe 5 frei zu schalten.......

.Chris

Baronet
Ich hoffe, dass sich nun im 3. Anlauf der GEX einiges verbessert hat und ausgewogener ist. Bislang waren meine Gildekamerad*innen und ich mehr als unangenehm überrascht. In unserer kleinen Gilde überlegen wir, ob wir es uns leisten, Stufe 5 frei zu schalten.......
Translation:
"I hope that 3rd times a charm with GE and it's been improved and made more balanced. Me and my guildmates have been unpleasantly surprised up until now. In our small guild we are still debating if we will award us the luxury of opening GE V"

@Qumpfer Please post in english only (in accord with the Forum rules).

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
one minor thing that bugs me regarding gameplay is that you always have to destroy the time limited boost buildings and build a new one.
i'd like to have a kit instead, that puts the building back into its active state.
yeah, a Selection Kit would be nice: Either Active Forgotten Temple or Forgotten Temple "Upgrade Kit", upgrading the inactive one to an active one. But I don't know if something like this would work out of the box, would probably require some more development effort.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I would prefer that we gain an active temple from the first finalization of GE5, so that it functions in limited during 1 week and that we can on 1 only GE5 gain kits to reactivate it for 1 week than to have to wait 4 in order to ask for an active period of 4 weeks.
Thus our efforts during a GE preceding a vacation or period of inactivity would not be in vain.
And we wouldn't have to sell a building to rebuild an identical one every month.
Without reactivating it, it is obvious that it would do as currently, only satisfaction, without any other bonus or additional gain.

caromagno

Farmer
I do not understand some comments, I remember when they put the 4th level of the expedition that you could not reach 64 battles, as I do not think we remember the attrition at the beginning in the CoB

CDmark

Baronet
Can we get a list of all the current opposing army stats for all ages? Being in ME, I see it was reduced, E 9 to 16 but I don't know the original numbers. This way players that are considering making city changes can have an idea (it could change again, that is understood).

If the defending army A/D are set in stone as the base for GE5, you should consider making some communication to live players. You have an event building with great stats for defending army and the key master on the pay line. Letting players know after the event, or even half way thru it would not be nice at all.

Cost for negos still brutal at 78 per resource on E16, wow.

I do not understand some comments, I remember when they put the 4th level of the expedition that you could not reach 64 battles, as I do not think we remember the attrition at the beginning in the CoB
You think so? When GE 4 came out I could at least win all battles. Ok, I had to do the battles manually (at first), but I could WIN till the end ! So I didn't miss nothing of the ToR rewards... Now I already lost 2 ToR rewards, that's super frustrating Inno, please change that, 2 different suggestions depending that are already given, make fast work of that, please.
GE 5 is the opposite because we suddenly need a big boost for our defending army!

CrashBoom

Legend
I have an idea
in GBG starting at 75 attrition we also use defense boost instead of attacking

so the players are more motivated to increase their defense stats

now they think: I don't increase my stats for only 16 battles in level 5
but then they can do much much more battles with that defense boost

Lindsay

Merchant
why everyone is so quiet about 800 fragments of FoY shrink kit? shocked as I am? I collected 50 today, lucky me. not sure will be able to do it next week with the 25% chance of luck.
anyone collected the fragments of the FoY? don't tell me it also requires 800 fragments as for the shrink kit. I don't even know what to say.

upd - oh I can see now few messages. my eyes full of anger could not see it at first.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
why everyone is so quiet about 800 fragments of FoY shrink kit? shocked as I am? I collected 50 today, lucky me. not sure will be able to do it next week with the 25% chance of luck.
anyone collected the fragments of the FoY? don't tell me it also requires 800 fragments as for the shrink kit. I don't even know what to say.

upd - oh I can see now few messages. my eyes full of anger could not see it at first.

Why would I be shocked when I know already what are their intentions?
Isn't clear enough they want to reduce diamonds and the chances to build wishing wells/FoY farms?

Either You suffer this Nerf or You can expect from them to lock the possibility of sharing diamonds between worlds and let everything as it was before.

CrashBoom

Legend
Why would I be shocked when I know already what are their intentions?
Isn't clear enough they want to reduce diamonds and the chances to build wishing wells/FoY farms?

Either You suffer this Nerf or You can expect from them to lock the possibility of sharing diamonds between worlds and let everything as it was before.
but this week the FoY situation is even worse than last week

last week it was a selection kit every 8 weeks.
now it is a fountain every 16 weeks. and a shrink kit every 16 weeks

so when wanting to build those farms at the beginning 2 fountains are much better than 1 + 1 shrink kit

and when you already have your little farm then you want more shrink kits than fountains to get more space
and at that time you already get Fountains also from relics so you won't get enough shrink kits for all of your fountains

Last edited: