• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2021

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's great! There is no reason to play this event in all worlds.
I've never been into puzzle games, but this event might be my favorite. Look forward to it on the live servers, because everything is already done on beta

I'm actually thinking about playing this event in all my worlds - and haven't done that for events in a long while :) I find the minigame enjoyable and not too time consuming - and it's plausible I can even skip many of the dreaded quests that are the real reason I just don't bother much with most events. And the prize is pretty motivating :)

iPenguinPat

Squire
Unimpressed. IMHO, the main issue is that one can't pause the block game to do other things, like a needed collection or making dinner. It's either keep going forever or crash out and lose what progress one has made. PLEASE make it so we can log in and out without ending the round.

Second, graphics. Honestly, my first thought was Candy Crush but blurry, my second thought was the blocks look like those dreadful plastic things that snap together to drape across a baby's pram. The word ugly just doesn't do it justice. I doubt many 3-year-olds are playing, so how about upgrading the graphics to something a bit more, say, adult?

The event building looks great. Getting it is a drag. I know a lot of people are saying it's good to have something new, but if I wanted to play a match-three, I'd load Candy Crush on my mobile.
Just close the browser and come back later.

It picks up where you let off. You aren't forced to finish like with combat. It's nice, and yet not obvious at all.

Last edited:

BritishBoy

Marquis
Just close the browser and come back later.

It picks up where you let off. You aren't forced to finish like with combat. It's nice, and yet not obvious at all.
I had few instances when progress disappears if I do not come back like from evening till morning

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I like the mini-game; it's low key, the main building is easy to win, and it's a nice break from the time-intensive events. Figuring out how many boxes I can link together to make one chest is fun; not amazing, but a pleasant diversion. As a change of pace from other events, for me it's fine.

Seems quite fair as well. I'm getting about 3 Paws a game, which is more than enough to get the main building and a few upgrade kits towards a 2nd one. I agree the booster pack is a bit overpriced; it could be reduced to 1000 coins. Still, I’ve not needed to spend diamonds, it doesn’t require hours each day, and the building is useful. That's certainly a step up from how some other new events rolled out (like the 1st time the St Paddy's event was launched)

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Crushing blocks doesn't feel much like Wildlife, but overall I still like the event.

I like that the main building is easy to get without diamonds. I have the Mountain Reserve at level 5 currently and are just 6 paws away from the next grand prize upgrade which should be easily obtainable. With the last upgrade from the questline I will not even need the selection kit from the surprise box to get my much wanted Eagle Mountain. It took a long boring time, but I did save all my coins until I could afford the big toolkit.

With the tools being scarce it's a little less about fun and more about strategy. But I'm afraid more coins could mean other balancing changes which would make it harder to get a fully leveled main building without diamonds. And I wouldn't want that.

Also I love the nice and cute decorative animals and the look of the main building (even though the stats are of course much more important).

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
Finished Eagle Mountain this morning and I like it very much.
I had some difficulties in the beginning with using tools too early and figuring out the mini-game. The challenge on live servers might be to get a second one with the experiene from beta. For non-beta-players anyway it shouldn't be a big deal to get at least one building finished.
Anyway tools-packages seem much too expensive, I couldn't buy any and was just buying single tools when reasonable.

Pro-Tipp: Don't do it before coffee :) one single click can mess up the whole board :)

Last edited:
Finished Eagle Mountain this morning and I like it very much.
I had some difficulties in the beginning with using tools too early and figuring out the mini-game. The challenge on live servers might be to get a second one with the experiene from beta. For non-beta-players anyway it shouldn't be a big deal to get at least one building finished.
Anyway tools-packages seem much too expensive, I couldn't buy any and was just buying single tools when reasonable.

Pro-Tipp: Don't do it before coffee :) one single click can mess up the whole board :)
Lol yeah is it too late to add an "undo" button?

deralyan

Farmer
Need more tickets for the mini game. More options to earn tickets. The turns need to go longer than 25 and the coins for taking extra moves should be lowered (right now there is no point to buying extra turns unless you have a ton stacked up and can easily see the moves to clear). Since there aren't enough prizes on the board to warrant extending your turn, it's a waste at this moment. The tools are more important.

I'm waiting for the 4 hours to give me a turn that takes me just a few minutes to play. More tickets!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Not very impressed with this event. I enjoyed my occasional Bejeweled Blitz but this one takes a dump into the toilet. I went through 5 tickets with only a few paws showing up but the blocks are coming up random (malicious way of putting something other than what it was supposed to be), making them hard to obtain. The booster price is overpriced, making it hard to get something. At least in the Halloween and Archaeology events we can purchase a good amount of tools (in a package) for 395 event currency thus making it easier to save up and efficient to play the game.

I am not going to play this in the live servers for when it does come out as not to waste my time. Gonna load up for some zombie head blastin' in ZA4 (for the PS4).

aim83

Merchant
Not very impressed with this event. I enjoyed my occasional Bejeweled Blitz but this one takes a dump into the toilet. I went through 5 tickets with only a few paws showing up but the blocks are coming up random (malicious way of putting something other than what it was supposed to be), making them hard to obtain. The booster price is overpriced, making it hard to get something. At least in the Halloween and Archaeology events we can purchase a good amount of tools (in a package) for 395 event currency thus making it easier to save up and efficient to play the game.

I am not going to play this in the live servers for when it does come out as not to waste my time. Gonna load up for some zombie head blastin' in ZA4 (for the PS4).
The example with comparison of wildlife and archeology event is incorrect. I can afford to buy 10 bicycles for the same price as 1 car. So give me 10 cars, because it is fair, yes? No, it is not.
Also, read today's changelog, they corrected the amount of spawning paws.