• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Devilsangel

Baronet
They're (inno) not testing the same thing we are. As was said many times before and just a bit earlier by Fenix the system is rigged by the age you are in,not the opponent but the way to keep players in their places, as obviously is Innos intention.
So overall from their standpoint and "other sources" everything is working as it should.
The system wasnt changed per say it was adjust to go faster.
What innos doesn't get is that players are testing the game to be attractive and meaningful and time worthy. And all server arena is not what anyone want, it doesn't show your strength, your ability to play or your strategy it just shows who is in what age because as Fenix pointed out once your out of the point range your age is supposed to be, you get knocked down by impossible opponents.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
The decision was made not to reset the testing to the new start on Beta. I don't have any further information surrounding that decision.

Unsubscribing from the Arena on the International version and resubscribing starts at 6000 points and not the starting points awarded today.

I'm sorry that you are feeling undervalued as testers. I can only reiterate that your feedback is valued, it's just on this occasion was inconsistent with other feedback. I still can't tell you what it is, because it should not be influenced, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But the initial ranking is to try and address the matching issues, which have been fed back on here.

HossamAly

Merchant
The initial ranking unfortunately will not address the matching issues. IMO this is a lazy attempt to fix it, which I don't think will work. It's basically an attempt to start from the end point where the devs hoped the ranking will settle into. This means that while the old system started in a bad state and only marginally improved, the new system starts from a better state and only gets worse. The devs should try to do what's been obvious to everyone and actually start fixing the matching criterion, rather than search for shortcuts.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry that you are feeling undervalued as testers. I can only reiterate that your feedback is valued, it's just on this occasion was inconsistent with other feedback. I still can't tell you what it is, because it should not be influenced, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I know you are paid to say those... well, not smart... things. But please, fed this back to yourself (with all regards) and just stop. It is obvious these "existing, but unseen" feedback is valued much, much more than ours, so just... stop. Have a little respect for us. Just a little...

Thunderdome

Emperor
Please feedback on the International testing on the International forums. The initial ranking on the International Server has been adjusted to try and improve the matchups so it's important to feedback in the correct place to be clear which version you are testing.
As per my update, there were adjustments made to try and test fairer matchups. So yes they are slightly different which is why it's important to feedback in the correct place.
This does bring back memories of a time when I was a lowly telemarketer in my first job since the military. The bosses were asking on who was good on computers and I raised my hand. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I did that but it was a bit better than making peanuts.

The task at hand was to create a recording type of software that will gather feedback while on a call as well as place a report when a call is inappropriate. Weeks had gone into its creation and testing until I had perfected it for full deployment. Yes, I was one who took every part of feedback to heart in making it the best, or so I had thought.

One thing I never expected was being put against the software. The creator versus the creation. I lost and was demoted back to the telemarketer pool and ultimately let go... all within the same week. Talk about tying up loose ends, eh?

Three months later, I was approached by one of the managers who pleaded with me in trying to obtain the original program. Seems like some yahoo done went and modified it and it received a negative review. I looked at him as I kindly told him "no" as I no longer have the prototype. That company went belly up in the weeks that followed.

Moral of the story: do not make changes for one thing in hoping to get better feedback as it will turn around and bite you in the ass.

If you're going to bring in others to test on something that has failed to gather positive feedback, you might as well implement those changes on all versions. Now, you got two versions of the PVP arena running around instead of the one that was supposed to be tested on.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I'm sorry that you are feeling undervalued as testers. I can only reiterate that your feedback is valued, it's just on this occasion was inconsistent with other feedback.

I have searched high and low for "other feedback". It doesn't exist, and to suggest it does merely supports the notion that we are ignorant idiots whose opinions are not worthy of consideration.

I am far more furious about being treated as an idiot than I am about this dreadful "improvement".

Osserc

Merchant
I'm sorry that you are feeling undervalued as testers. I can only reiterate that your feedback is valued, it's just on this occasion was inconsistent with other feedback. I still can't tell you what it is, because it should not be influenced, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I can't think of any other scenario where this would be considered a reasonable explanation. I wouldn't accept this response from a trusted friend, so why should I believe you?

Here's some feedback for your bosses: ask them to stop instructing you to lie to us. Your company has already lost a ton of goodwill over this but there's no reason to dig in your heels and make it worse.

It's one thing to disregard the community's overwhelmingly negative feedback; it's quite another to justify it by fabricating some mysterious source that can't be revealed. There's not a single person that believes there's an objective outside source that likes this feature. We'd feel much less disrespected if you just admitted that it's liked by the people who matter within the company, so tough luck for us.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Sounds like a slugfest is happening on the EN forum, and I am not talking about doing it in the PvP Arena, either.

What Inno (and some choice people) fail to grasp is that we're smart players. We want a game that we can enjoy playing, not spend endlessly on.

I've outlined possible places where this feedback is coming from that could be in existence. I've also outlined (before the EN became a test server) that beta is the only place where testing and feedback was to happen when it comes to putting it out onto the internet (public).

And... if I am not mistaken, Inno (and now that you got EN involved), the combined feedback size from both beta and EN dwarfs the feedback on this mysterious (yet non-existent) source. Or, are you going to tell us that the imaginary source trumps all to this date?

I am pretty sure it's going to be the same if you included the US, FR, and whatever choice servers to gather more... if it didn't drive away the players or stop the spenders (those with some common sense) first.

So you try to fix the match making by offsetting initial points by age. This will not fix the issue. The mecanics worked in the soccer event because all players were the same ”age”. In PvP Arena they aren’t. When you reach the roof of your age you get stuck there.

Please be honest and confirm the idea with the arena is that only the highest age players should be able to compete for the top positions. Then at least we will know facing three impossible oponents is intended and not a flaw in the match making system. And all of us who are not in SAAB can skip the arena and spend our time on more rewarding things.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So you try to fix the match making by offsetting initial points by age. This will not fix the issue. The mecanics worked in the soccer event because all players were the same ”age”. In PvP Arena they aren’t. When you reach the roof of your age you get stuck there.

Please be honest and confirm the idea with the arena is that only the highest age players should be able to compete for the top positions. Then at least we will know facing three impossible oponents is intended and not a flaw in the match making system. And all of us who are not in SAAB can skip the arena and spend our time on more rewarding things.
Yep, that's their fix to the match up issue. Seven or more weeks to do that, wow. LOL

Migiwa

Merchant
I'm glad that the feedback on EN reflects the feedback we, the beta players (the ones you should listen to, the ones who should BETA-TEST new features on the so called BETA server, because, you know, BETA..) gave. I'm also glad that you choose the EN servers, not FR, for that, I thank you. A lot.

Fenix

Viceroy
Please feel free to correct me if needed. It's time to vent some steam and make some conjectures.

First, from the forum teem, excluding @Dudettas, only one other person commented something in this thread. I believe that all of them are also gamers, are active players and not all have high age accounts. I really would like to have heard something about this. You are here to police this forum, but also should act in defence of us players, you should let us know how do you fell about this thing.

Moving along. I believe that @Dudettas was being truthful when she said that was us that asked to use diamonds. And I believe that she truly feels that we could influential their mysterious other source. I believe that their other source is a restrict group of players, probably the same group that receive the second accounts to test the new age before everybody else. If I am in error, I apologise, If I am right, please get out of the closet and defend your conclusions (they should be right, considering that all should be high age players, and this thing should only be available to them).

Last edited:

LordTachikawa

Merchant
First, from the forum teem, excluding @Dudettas, only one other person commented something in this thread. I believe that all of them are also gamers, are active players and not all have high age accounts. I really would like to have heard something about this. You are here to police this forum, but also should act in defence of us players, you should let us know how do you fell about this thing.
Since I am the forum team member who commented here as a player, let me clarify a few things from my perspective.

I don't see myself as the forum police. I guess maybe I am that too, but really I am here to facilitate your discussion and answer what game-related questions I can. (To be clear, I don't make development or policy decisions so I can't answer any questions that begin with "Why...") I attempt to facilitate your feedback by keeping the discussion on topic, and seeing that everyone has a chance to be heard and not bullied. To the degree that involves enforcing the forum rules so be it, but the purpose of the rules is to facilitate discussion and feedback with a goal of making FoE better. That is my purpose as well.

I haven't seen much need to act in defense of "us players". Who are we under attack by? Certainly I have not seen any players under attack by anyone from Inno or the support team.

So. How do I feel about this thing? I am not a big PvP Arena fan. But I was not a PvP Towers fan either. I am definitely not a fan of the redundancy, rudeness and vitriol that characterize some of the posts in this thread. But they are all part of a game I am still very much a big fan of, still enjoy playing, and try to make better.

My last PvP Arena reward for trying really hard to win as much as possible, but could not get higher rank than #1020, so each time I go under #1000, I get back kicked between #1000 and lower ....
I got : 120 medals, 90K supplies, a 20% defender boost potion and 10 attempts for being active testing this feature a WHOLE WEEK !!
I will get WAY more better things playing for a few minutes GE or GBG !! (even not the Relics of ToR included or the reward you can get from a Himeji C or Space C. !!) ....
Give us something UNIQUE to GO for .... please !! Is that soooo difficult to understand ?!?
Even if the matchmaking system starts to work fine, I'm NOT planning to play PvP Arena !! As long as the rewards are o so stupid ....
And make the units of the opponent visual please ! And give us special created Arena Troops ! That way you can simply SKIPP that whole stupid working matchmaking system that (it seems) work like that annoying Soccer Cup tournament (which was annoying me a LOT !!! )

EDIT : I just started GE and doing 8 battles I didn't loose any unit, but I got :
2 units, 10 Diamonds, 1 blueprint, 11100 supplies & 12800 coins ! (just GE L1 !) .... in a few minutes and sure other player can do it in just less than 1 minute !
Comparing this with PvP Arena, it's already WAY MORE BETTER !!

Last edited:

kaymedic

Marquis
Regarding the "other" Feedback:

I am still thinking that is just the number of players who are actively using the pvp feature. From Innos point of view thats more reliable than forum feedback. And to be honest it would also be for me. Although here may be the most active beta testers who want to improve the game the majority of beta players are not writing here.

So just stop using the pvp arena. Tell your guildmates and friends to do so as well. If Inno only looking at the raw numbers that may convince them to make a change. Normally at beta server should be there to test feature and therefore we all also test bad features but that doesn't mean that we like them.

Maybe I am wrong and there is indeed a second test group but why not telling about it? We will never be able to change that. But we can stop using the feature for some days together and hope for a response.

jovada

Regent
Since I am the forum team member who commented here as a player, let me clarify a few things from my perspective.

I don't see myself as the forum police. I guess maybe I am that too, but really I am here to facilitate your discussion and answer what game-related questions I can. (To be clear, I don't make development or policy decisions so I can't answer any questions that begin with "Why...") I attempt to facilitate your feedback by keeping the discussion on topic, and seeing that everyone has a chance to be heard and not bullied. To the degree that involves enforcing the forum rules so be it, but the purpose of the rules is to facilitate discussion and feedback with a goal of making FoE better. That is my purpose as well.

I haven't seen much need to act in defense of "us players". Who are we under attack by? Certainly I have not seen any players under attack by anyone from Inno or the support team.

So. How do I feel about this thing? I am not a big PvP Arena fan. But I was not a PvP Towers fan either. I am definitely not a fan of the redundancy, rudeness and vitriol that characterize some of the posts in this thread. But they are all part of a game I am still very much a big fan of, still enjoy playing, and try to make better.

After 8 weeks of feedback and suggestions to make pvp better all we received from answer is that there is nothing to say from the devs side and that "other sources" made our feedback valueless. And now we received another slap in the face by putting the test pvp on the EN-server with a new version that we were not able to test here saying the community is larger we will have better feedback, so that means we were completly useless.

And you wonder why we are angry and dissapointed and sometimes use a little vitriol in our comments?

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Worst adition with posibility to buy tokens with medals, I can be first in PvP anyway for a short time using my 500M medals, well, maybe the third one comparing Gargamels and Tirajes ammounts of medals :)))
But I prefer to keep my medals than spending them on this useless Arena.

Costs me already 300k one attempt, lol.

1598957155444.png

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
523M medals = 70 attempts in SAAB in the same week

no chance against diamonds spenders
70 attempts are only 3500 diamonds :rolleyes:

for all who want to calculate
formula = age start value * (1,2 ^ (attempt -1))
(in SAAB it starts with 300)

Yep, I know, thats why I am just keeping myself in top 10-20 without spending nothing, just figthing with daily tokens.
Just wanted to see the costs of few attempts used today to reach third place :))