• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

I'm not sure if the event window is different on phone based on someone elses picture, but I absolutely detest the placement of the light button on PC

1698684197067.png

Why do I detest it? Because when the animation for the sticks pops up, it blocks me from pressing the button again. 1) Theres NO way to skip the animation. 2) It makes doing a lot of candles much slower. Last year I had to claim somewhere around 200 candles at the end of the event so if there's no way to mass open candles then this is a big problem and I don't want to see the animation 200+ times.

Aerendil

Squire
Its the winterevent, no errors encountered.
The main price is a little underwhelming, compared to the latest events.

The Prices for gold und the calendar are extraordinary, but you cant finish the calendar and win gold without massive spending of diamonds,
so I'll skip these. Especially because im not getting 200% diamond offers anymore.

Of all the events in 2023 this is the most boring one, please add it for your TODO list for 2024 to change.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So, here's another question, when do we get the "diamonds"?

And... I thought we're supposed to open presents to light up houses instead of using match sticks? Clearly, proof-reading and confirmation from the development team are needed if we are to convey an announcement to the masses.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
calendar.jpgI've filled up an entire Elve's Workshop and still haven't gotten the daily key. I really wish the shuffle feature was reworked.

nokey.JPG
Wait. The daily key isn't even on every board?!? Has it always been like this?

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
View attachment 10313I've filled up an entire Santa's sled and still haven't gotten the daily key. I really wish the shuffle feature was reworked.

View attachment 10314
Wait. The daily key isn't even on every board?!? Has it always been like this?
Was a feature of summer event when they gave us more currency but didn't want to make calendar easy. Apparently been carried forward.

The strategy (from summer) for calendar:

- do your daily specials for wilds.
- if the key is on the first board, try to find it. If you hit the shuffle, again only try if it's on the board before you shuffle.
- towards the end of the event use extra currency to try and find keys on days without the key on first board.
- at the end of the event, pay for wilds directly to finish the calendar as needed. The sleigh might save you some wilds efficiently as well. But buying currency to open more presents on boards that don't even have the key to try and find the shuffle and hope the key is on the next board is much much worse.

We are taking part in a free to play game and I would be the first to moan about the way the game is going now, I will not be moaning about The Winter Event because I will not be doing it. But some players will moan all day and still take part. Just stop moaning and eaither play or do not play. The best way to tell Inno what you think is to not play their money grabbing games..... So stop moaning.
You mean, the palyers must come and ask you for a permission to comment?
It would be even better to close the forum, waht do you think about? And open it only if you`re in a good mood?
Maybe you don`t get it, but the idea of the forum is to discuss.
Yes, INNO would also like to have only very positive comments for what they do, but god knows why many have different ideas.

Kronan

Viceroy
Has anyone cleared a board or 2 yet, and while doing so, tallied the number of 1 and 2 houses turn results that were lit up by each 10 star expenditure? I'm trying to see what the odds are for a 1 and 2 house light, and to determine how many 10 stars it will take to do 1 level?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Has anyone cleared a board or 2 yet, and while doing so, tallied the number of 1 and 2 houses turn results that were lit up by each 10 star expenditure? I'm trying to see what the odds are for a 1 and 2 house light, and to determine how many 10 stars it will take to do 1 level?
It's 50%.

hades8840

Squire
You can tell this event is based on Christmas seeing Scrooge himself designed it we only get two candles (instead of three) now if your lucky and not as if the calendar was impossible before it really is now as no guarantee of getting a key this out of all events is a pure based diamond one as without them you have ZERO chance of completing it

vanleusden

Farmer
No Daily key is been seen in Calander

I did open 2x 2/3 of calander and no daily Key is been found I thought I was unlucky but then I noticed rther is no daily key in calander see picture before screen shot

Attachments

• no Keys.png
    no Keys.png
    751.2 KB · Views: 15

estrid

Baronet
We are taking part in a free to play game and I would be the first to moan about the way the game is going now, I will not be moaning about The Winter Event because I will not be doing it. But some players will moan all day and still take part. Just stop moaning and eaither play or do not play. The best way to tell Inno what you think is to not play their money grabbing games..... So stop moaning.
I'm doing the event for the same reason as M climbed the mountain -because the mountain was there. I'm going to whine all the way up, too. Not necessarily here.

CrashBoom

Legend
No Daily key is been seen in Calander

I did open 2x 2/3 of calander and no daily Key is been found I thought I was unlucky but then I noticed rther is no daily key in calander see picture before screen shot
yes you can check the board before the shuffle

and in the announcement there is no word about the chance of a key on the board

maybe it is just 1/3 like when summer event during the rebalance there (before it was changed to 1/2)
Now only roughly every 3rd board will have a key on it.

rex18

Farmer
If there's one thing that annoys me about this event, it's finding keys to the calendar.
The probability of finding a key is 1:18, so on average you need 180 stars per key. For 32 keys you need roughly 32*180=5760 stars! Where do you get them?

In reality, of course, I'm unlucky. I've used up 530 stars (yes, I've already completed all quests up today) and found 2 keys. I really spent sparingly and stopped spending as soon as I found the key. The probability of finding the key is 1:26 in my case.
In any case, finding all the keys to the calendar seems impossible to me.