• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
ok, so on average, it will take 13.4 (rounded up to 14) tries, using a total of 140 stars (14 tries x 10 stars for each try) , to get 20 houses lit if the probability is 50%/50% for each (1 or 2 more illuminated houses).
Average stars per present comes out to about 8.5ish in theory (I'll test this more later), so it's closer to 120 stars. Still not enough for 460 progress, but the math is more in your favor than it appears to be at first.

joyfulrider

Marquis
ok, so on average, it will take 13.4 (rounded up to 14) tries, using a total of 140 stars (14 tries x 10 stars for each try) , to get 20 houses lit if the probability is 50%/50% for each (1 or 2 more illuminated houses).
Logically, dev team is giving a heads-up to make a good year end vacation plan when this event hits on live. Very kind move from the foe dev team.

All Free Now

Marquis
Logically, dev team is giving a heads-up to make a good year end vacation plan when this event hits on live. Very kind move from the foe dev team.
Hey no no, don't do it. We are not just game players. We are the main assets for foe team employees to get salary. If we (every players in the game) don't make any purchase, then there will be no more events / spoiler section / forum and lastly no game.

Nick Banned

Merchant
For a quest I get 10 stars. OK.
With 10 stars I can open 1 packet. OK.

How many packets I've to open for a calender key ...
and how many packets I must open for progress to gain an upgrade kit ...?

Do I need a shuffle for mixing again the packets?

Should be not too difficult to solve.

You need players which want to buy Diamonds to finance your infrastructure. OK. It's your right and your need.

But sorry, I play this game for several years and one time I even buyed Diamonds for the Beta ... but I see it in the main worlds. Since your nerf to GE, the increasement for Buildings @GB and the necessary to negotiate in GB/GE I feel like a money printing machine. I don't want to be that.

If your calculations gone wrong since Corona isn't a theme anymore ... don't let your loyal players pay for that.

If there's one thing that annoys me about this event, it's finding keys to the calendar.
The probability of finding a key is 1:18, so on average you need 180 stars per key. For 32 keys you need roughly 32*180=5760 stars! Where do you get them?

In reality, of course, I'm unlucky. I've used up 530 stars (yes, I've already completed all quests up today) and found 2 keys. I really spent sparingly and stopped spending as soon as I found the key. The probability of finding the key is 1:26 in my case.
In any case, finding all the keys to the calendar seems impossible to me.
Actually if only half of the boards have the key, you'll have to double it to 360 stars per key - GRANTED YOU DIDN'T HIT SHUFFLE FIRST, or over 10k stars.

Inno don't want us to complete the calendar for a small 7 days of FOE+ ???

Why is this even a price? And then what happens if someone already has FOE+, do they get billed 7 days later or ??? I'd rather not have expensive prices if it means I can complete the game.

CrashBoom

Legend
The probability of finding a key is 1:18, so on average you need 180 stars per key. For 32 keys you need roughly 32*180=5760 stars! Where do you get them?
why do you need 32 keys from stars ?

don't you play daily challenges
I expect at least parts for 12 keys from them

Actually if only half of the boards have the key, you'll have to double it to 360 stars per key - GRANTED YOU DIDN'T HIT SHUFFLE FIRST, or over 10k stars.
if only half of the board have a key don't play boards without key (at least 12 days, maybe at the end a few more)

why do you need 32 keys from stars ?

don't you play daily challenges
I expect at least parts for 12 keys from them

if only half of the board have a key don't play boards without key (at least 12 days, maybe at the end a few more)
How are you going to know the key isn't there without going through every present?

I say go back on this 1/2 keyless board nonsense, it is already impossible to get all the keys without diamonds because we only get 20 stars per day?? This event is way off balance.

And I also turned on the animations to my city and didn't see any snow. Is this not happening yet:question:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How are you going to know the key isn't there without going through every present?

I say go back on this 1/2 keyless board nonsense, it is already impossible to get all the keys without diamonds because we only get 20 stars per day?? This event is way off balance.

And I also turned on the animations to my city and didn't see any snow. Is this not happening yet:question:

before you hit start:
1698775955662.png

I can tell this board has a key.

Edit: Where I immediately hit a shuffle, and then this board:

1698776248567.png

does not :p

Una Queen

Squire
the necessary to negotiate in GB/GE I feel like a money printing machine. I don't want to be that.
dont know how its "necessary" to nego in these as I havent done any negos in either of these for awhile now (have been able to complete ge5 by fighting for about 3 months+ now) and dont bother negoing in gbg like since ever. its your own choice to nego in these.

For a quest I get 10 stars. OK.
With 10 stars I can open 1 packet. OK.

How many packets I've to open for a calender key ...
and how many packets I must open for progress to gain an upgrade kit ...?

Do I need a shuffle for mixing again the packets?

Should be not too difficult to solve.

You need players which want to buy Diamonds to finance your infrastructure. OK. It's your right and your need.

But sorry, I play this game for several years and one time I even buyed Diamonds for the Beta ... but I see it in the main worlds. Since your nerf to GE, the increasement for Buildings @GB and the necessary to negotiate in GB/GE I feel like a money printing machine. I don't want to be that.

If your calculations gone wrong since Corona isn't a theme anymore ... don't let your loyal players pay for that.
I can only agree with that. Last year there were even more stars for a completed quest, in the Halloween quest there were, no there are 2x in a row the 24 hour production quest, here, one after the other the 8 hours and then the 4 hour quest.?? I've only played the winter event ONCE, I don't know if there will be more, last year there were THREE candles, now apparently only two for profit maximization.?? I think it's especially bad, it's not part of the winter event, but it's part of the game, I think the fragments and the garbage that comes with it, because some of them can't be finished.

Lightning34

Farmer
The quests should give more stars. With 15 presents on the board and the quests giving 10 stars and the daily collection 20 it looks like "Good luck trying to get the daily special"

Last edited: