• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2023

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Overall the event has been very decent. As far I can tell 50% of the participants had made sufficient progress to complete their winter pyramid. Using the fragments produced by it for the silver & golden upgrades. Top20% even getting the golden chocolate factories and top5% ofc at least 2 of them.
The golden chocolate factories improving the efficiency for guardhouses by cutting the needed collections in half and offering upgrades to them, making them valuable again. Until 10 guardhouses were obtained ofc. From the event it was possible to get 2 lvl2, speeding up the process even more.
As for spending options, there were quite some options: calendar & elve’s. The former was generally better imho while the letter was potentially cheaper. Though the majestic winter pyramid isn’t the best overall option. Depending on one’s needs. If a large stream of units is an high priority Alcatraz is better but if one doesn’t want Alcatraz, the pyramid could’ve been great. With 460 progress (needed for golden factories), it was possible to buy 7 silver & golden pyramid selection kits. Sacrificing a number of special upgrades one could’ve bought cheaply a 2nd pyramid.

Majestic winter pyramid
BuildingEfficiency
Royal bathhouse0,83:army:/:size:
Majestic w. Pyramid0,75:army:/:size:
Knight pavilion0,50:army:/:size:

The majestic winter pyramid is very decent. In particular for non-Alcatraz cities. Upon it’s introduced it’s the most efficient event building for random units production. Only the 1-time royal bathhouse remains more efficient.
To topping off its efficiency for units, it’s offering both %:att_attacker: and %:att_defender:, next to fp’s, goods and population. Overall very useful. For cities with an Alcatraz it’s also somewhat useful. As it’s quite efficiently offering extra daily units. In the grand scheme of things maybe not too grand but considering an efficient stream of less used units can be valuable. Overall I feel it’s a strategically valuable building.
The buildings produced by the pyramid are plain bad. Negative happiness was slapped on them, w/o exceedingly efficient productions to compensate. This makes them only good for the AD.

Sinitar

Regent
it was possible to buy 7 silver & golden pyramid selection kits. Sacrificing a number of special upgrades one could’ve bought cheaply a 2nd pyramid.
It was necessary to spend only 1050 diamonds to have a 2nd based pyramid, means reaching 520 since 1 selection kit was gained from calendar and the other one from league

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It was necessary to spend only 1050 diamonds to have a 2nd based pyramid, means reaching 520 since 1 selection kit was gained from calendar and the other one from league
At 460 progress to reach 520, required 60 more progress. On average it's 1,5 progress/10 stars. So, 60/1,5 = 400 stars. Let's say you needed 100 less stars means 300 stars. The large package gave 100 stars. So, 3 x 1.050:diamond: = 3.150:diamond:. Correct me if I'm wrong with the math but getting an average of 6 progress/10 stars don't look achievable to me. Still it's quite cheap for a 2nd building.

Sinitar

Regent
At 460 progress to reach 520, required 60 more progress. On average it's 1,5 progress/10 stars. So, 60/1,5 = 400 stars. Let's say you needed 100 less stars means 300 stars. The large package gave 100 stars. So, 3 x 1.050:diamond: = 3.150:diamond:. Correct me if I'm wrong with the math but getting an average of 6 progress/10 stars don't look achievable to me. Still it's quite cheap for a 2nd building.
Dude , I spent here 3 x 1050 dias to reach 520 progress
At the same time in live server, spending the same ammount of dias, I reached 571 progress while in the other with only 1050 I reached 522
Surely I got some luck RNG, gaining a lot of stars from incidents and so many shuffles

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Dude , I spent here 3 x 1050 dias to reach 520 progress
At the same time in live server, spending the same ammount of dias, I reached 571 progress while in the other with only 1050 I reached 522
Surely I got some luck RNG, gaining a lot of stars from incidents and so many shuffles
Bruh… I’ve based it off from 460 progress w/o diamonds. With luckier RNG it’s ofc possible to have less progress. Can’t basing it off a super position to make it applicable to everyone

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think I was getting just over 5 progress / 10 stars.

Got 474 on the free stuff, then bought 200 stars which put me in Silver and finished the second winter pyramid
That’s fair but like I’ve mentioned before. I’ve based it off the lower top20% which is around 460 progress and using the vanilla average of 1,5 progress / 10 stars. Naturally due to RNG from shuffle, 14 stars and 2x presents deviation will occur.
I’m basing off my calculations on bad/worse case scenarios. Meaning most of the times real world situations are more favourable. Rarely it goes like my calculations. With more advanced methods, like simulations of a large sample size, it’s possible to get the deviation and from that the range. From which better expectations can be made. Often my calculations are at the lower end if not below the lowest part of the range. Real world situations tend to be more around the average of the range.