• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

Astrid

Baronet
They did exactly the opposite than what I suggested some time ago. Instead of encouraging the players to spend their diamonds by making the 2nd building a bit cheaper to get they made it more expensive...

I don't appreciate the workshop popping up BEFORE I EVEN KNOW WHAT PRICE I PICKED on the lottery. I don't care about the workshop at all.

Actually I'm really glad this will be over soon. 30 days is way too long for an event. Halloween ended up barely even starting at Halloween and its still going on live. Events should lead up to the actual holiday. And I know we had the anniversary even that truncated the fall event but everything got pushed back way too late.

I was looking at trying for a second factory, guess I'll put my wallet away when it hits live.

Owl II

Emperor
Attention, please, from tomorrow beyond the accidents in Your city, it will be possible to find splinters of key parts to compose .
:D

Winter event has long been not for gifts to players. This event has been for many years for Inno Christmas gifts. They just don't do it right. If they hung up a beautiful gift box with the inscription "Wish us Merry Christmas", And by clicking on this box, 10 (20, 50...) would be debited from your account euro, this box would be more honest. And I think this box would be more popular with players. But the event should be a celebration for the players. But no, they won't do that. They won't change the calendar so you can make it up without diamonds. This is the box "Wish Inno a merry Christmas", it's just in some strange and not very beautiful wrapper

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't appreciate the workshop popping up BEFORE I EVEN KNOW WHAT PRICE I PICKED on the lottery. I don't care about the workshop at all.

Actually I'm really glad this will be over soon. 30 days is way too long for an event. Halloween ended up barely even starting at Halloween and its still going on live. Events should lead up to the actual holiday. And I know we had the anniversary even that truncated the fall event but everything got pushed back way too late.

I was looking at trying for a second factory, guess I'll put my wallet away when it hits live.
Funny thing was, while the schools in my country already started again, the summer event was still running for some weeks.

Good morning,

I was not going to make a false claim. Mine is a joking observation that also appears in the messages of other Players.
Finding the small pieces of key is really unlikely and no game strategy can help to do this. Since many boosts are found kin small fragments, I joked that there could be from tomorrow morning a series of fragments to compose the keys, but it's a joke of course. However, the message that must be conveyed is that "the keys" are difficult to compose even with a little luck, this luck must be really special. If I happen to have this proverbial luck, I don't want to waste it on a game.
If someone tells me that I can not joke and the reader does not understand my message (but also many others are saying that the keys are nowhere to be found) please tell me, have I the wrong page? Or are we always talking about a game? And where is the playful part?

Laughter is good for your health.

Kronan

Viceroy
Good morning,

I was not going to make a false claim. Mine is a joking observation that also appears in the messages of other Players.
Finding the small pieces of key is really unlikely and no game strategy can help to do this. Since many boosts are found kin small fragments, I joked that there could be from tomorrow morning a series of fragments to compose the keys, but it's a joke of course. However, the message that must be conveyed is that "the keys" are difficult to compose even with a little luck, this luck must be really special. If I happen to have this proverbial luck, I don't want to waste it on a game.
If someone tells me that I can not joke and the reader does not understand my message (but also many others are saying that the keys are nowhere to be found) please tell me, have I the wrong page? Or are we always talking about a game? And where is the playful part?

Laughter is good for your health.
@Big John. ,

It's a very complex thing to communicate humor across a multiple language community trying to understand you - in just pure text. When doing it in real life, your body helps you - your smile, body language, gesticulation and a lot of tone modulation in your voice.

That's why the typing/text world uses emoticons such as this: ;) or :D- visual images, to impart a sense of what your raw text means. If you had added a smile, or wink, or even typed (JK = just kidding) after your post, you might not have been mildly chastised.

Exact communications is difficult enough to begin with - and really difficult in ONLY text. Consider reading what you wrote (as we all did) without the humor or intent, and you might see exactly how it was interpreted by a majority of forum participants, and why it got the reaction you saw it get.

Last edited:

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Mine is a joking observation that also appears in the messages of other Players.
Many people do not play (regularly) on Beta, but instead use the forum as a source of truth. As there was no indication for a joke, people might just take your information and spread it across all servers and worlds via ingame messages. Others then get frustrated, because they cannot find any fragments, write a ticket to support.. etc.
So please, like Xiphos said, try to mark humor accordingly.

Kronan

Viceroy
They did exactly the opposite than what I suggested some time ago. Instead of encouraging the players to spend their diamonds by making the 2nd building a bit cheaper to get they made it more expensive...

To be candid, I was (still am) excited about this parent event prize and it's "child" prize, the guardhouse. Even before Vic did his thing, I was mathing what it would take to get just 2 myself ( really like the prize!) , and it might have been within my reach here in beta to do so.

But with the upgrade kit yield reductions just implemented, it's out of my reach or interest level now - and that's your point, @Astrid. I agree. I'ts already moved from mildly interesting to get 2, to NYET.

I've already spend some diamonds in the event (again - thank you Inno for the trade of my beta time and investment for the event diamonds you offer as compensation help...) to mildly accelerate getting the CHOC factory up a little faster than normal, but getting a 2nd one is not a plan here anymore, and not in the live game either.

Good evening.

Thank you Xiphos.
Thank you Fire Witch.
Sorry if I did not understand your written Juber.
Yes, I understand you are right, but I did not want to alarm anyone. My intent was just to play with the fact that the calendar, this time is really very complicated to get.
Yes I understood.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Xiphos I'm in a similar position. With the original design I was thinking about investing into a 2nd factory. However after those changes and large price increases, my beloved once's will be happy with get a bigger present this year's xmass. I guess Inno is more concerned about the financials of their playerbase then their own, from observing their discouragements regarding diamond purchases.

Kronan

Viceroy
@Xiphos I'm in a similar position. With the original design I was thinking about investing into a 2nd factory. However after those changes and large price increases, my beloved once's will be happy with get a bigger present this year's xmass. I guess Inno is more concerned about the financials of their playerbase then their own, from observing their discouragements regarding diamond purchases.

Yup @drakenridder . When the Winter Event 2022 first came to beta awareness, I did my quick math, and waited to hear what @MooingCat had to say (I value his opinion and technical methodologies highly - as do many community members...), and then admitted to myself that I could have a green light to go down the personal runway toward a 2 unit, event prize goal.

When Vic "blew the doors open" and executed his "they're ON SALE - buy the ranch" plan robustly, the product manager in me said - WOW - that's gonna rock someone's world in Inno's home office for a meeting on that strategy (but I said it here diplomatically).

Maybe it did just that. It would if I was on the team @ the company. Someone (@Vic Vicious Beta ) showed a gameplan that wasn't ever considered viable - and exposed an opportunity outside the bounds of game "normalcy". Kudos to Vic = I like the way he thinks. :)

SO... I'm not connecting Inno's event changes to what Vic did - but it "feels" like what Vic did and his "thinking outside of the box" (aside from being "darned impressive"), might be consider something of an exploit- a hole the event design opened for extreme opportunism.

Inno's saying now: Nope - we don't want that opportunism to go to the live game. I can see that position too. Once you spend your 800-1000 US dollars on a city with mostly WINTER EVENT 2022 buildings and their children (Nutcraker guardhouses) in a design that allows them to keep making MORE children, the probability this customer will spend anything more literally could go to 0.

Never allow a customer to close the door on future revenue.

If Inno left it easy to do that, some would do in the live game what Vic did.

I think they wanted to remove that possibility by remathing the event for "normalcy" and remove extremism - ie, potential opportunism on an exploit.

SO - saying with a grin: Vic? Next time you think up a brilliant idea,....? use the zipper on it :) ;););)

Last edited:

Astrid

Baronet
I was willing to spend diamonds to get 2 x main building on my live server. Now I'm not sure anymore, I like it a lot, the Ketebo Candy is the perfect building for me(a generous amount of forge points and high defence for attacking army) and I also love the Nutcracker Guardhouse. But I'm not going to spend tens of thousands of diamonds to get a second one.

I will also consider to complete the calendar, at the end of the event I guess I will see how many diamonds will cost me and I will make up my mind. While it was a joke, the idea to get some key fragments from incidents is great.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yup @drakenridder . When the Winter Event 2022 first came to beta awareness, I did my quick math, and waited to hear what @MooingCat had to say (I value his opinion and technical methodologies highly - as do many community members...), and then admitted to myself that I could have a green light to go down the personal runway toward a 2 unit, event prize goal.

When Vic "blew the doors open" and executed his "they're ON SALE - buy the ranch" plan robustly, the product manager in me said - WOW - that's gonna rock someone in Inno's home office for a meeting on that strategy (but I said it here diplomatically).

Maybe it did just that. It would if I was on the team @ the company. Someone (@Vic Vicious Beta ) showed a gameplan that wasn't ever considered viable - and exposed an opportunity outside the bounds of game "normalcy". Kudos to Vic = I like the way he thinks. :)

SO... I'm not connecting Inno's event changes to what Vic did - but it "feels" like what Vic did and his "thinking outside of the box" (aside from being "darned impressive"), might be consider something of an exploit- a hole the event design opened for extreme opportunism.

Inno's saying now: Nope - we don't want that opportunism to go to the live game. I can see that position too. Once you spend your 800-1000 US dollars on a city with mostly WINTER EVENT 2022 buildings and their children (Nutcraker guardhouses) in a design that allows them to keep making MORE children, the probability this customer will spend anything more literally could go to 0.

Never allow a customer to close the door on future revenue.

If Inno left it easy to do that, some would do in the live game what Vic did.

I think they wanted to remove that possibility by remathing the event for "normalcy" and remove extremism - ie, potential opportunism on an exploit.

SO - saying with a grin: Vic? Next time you think up a brilliant idea,....? use the zipper on it :) ;););)
That's fair enough, though digging deep into the guardhouses and factories:

Size: 2x2
Att%: 5% (1,25%/ square)
Def%: 7% (1,75% / square)
Combined: 12% (3% buff / square)
Desired buff from guardhouses: 5.000%/7.000%
Desired amount guardhouses: 1.000
Required fragments: 1.000 x 200/guardhouses = 200.000 fragments
Factories: 50
Assumed average annual collections: 300
Average annual fragments: 300 collections x 50 factories x 3 fragments/factory = 45.000 fragments
200.000 fragments / 45.000 annual fragments = 4,44> yrs
0,44yrs x 300 annual collections = 133,33> collections
134 / 25 collections (average monthly collections) = 5,36 months
0,36 months x 25 collections = 9 days

To summarise it'll take a whopping 50 factories: 4 years, 5 months and 9 days to obtain 1.000 guardhouses.
With a bg with a 70% chance however, it'll change:

14 supported factories x 300 annual collections x 3 daily fragments = 12.600 fragments.
12.600 fragments x 1,7 (70% of the time they got an additional 3 fragments for any of those 14 factories) = 21.420 average annual fragments
50 factories - 14 supported factories = 36 unsupported factories x 300 annual collections x 3 daily fragments = 32.400 annual fragments.
32.400 annual fragments from unsupported factories + 21.420 fragments from bg supported factories =
53.820 average annual fragments

200.000 required fragments / 53.820 average annual fragments =
3,716> years
0,716> x 300 annual collections = 214,83 collections or ~ 215 collections / 25 collections (average monthly collections) = 8,6 months
0,6 months x 25 average monthly collections = 15 days
3 years, 8 months and 15 days with 50 factories and bg lvl89.

To summarise with 50 factories, 70% bg and 14 supported factories, it'll take on average 3 years, 8 months and 15 days to get 1.000 guardhouses produced.
Assuming this hypothetical whale didn't get any guardhouses from the event, which is improbable and wants 1.000 guardhouses with their 50 factories. Also they made room for 1.000 guardhouses and 50 factories. Also the factories are always motivated. If the do use an bg of lvl 89, it'll take almost 4 years with 50 factories and without +/- 4,5 years. Idk how that's such an problem as Inno likely introducing better event buildings within that time frame and I've picked a very extreme scenario using 50 factories, not even just 2-3 that most might've bought if the change didn't happen. Tbh I don't see this happening very quickly. Not even without the change.