• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

Kronan

Viceroy
Where are the prizes?

1.243 version (loaded today???) seems to destroy the prize picking screen on browser. The two prizes shown, I've already won last nite. before this new version.

Capture 6.JPG

Pooo

Farmer
Rename the game to Forge of Fragments...
I know the prizes in this event are kind of guaranteed, but compared to other events,this one has become unattractive due to the new content of fragments in the daily rewards. Compared to the previous year, we get less event currency and 3 times less rewards, if someone decides to go, for example, for the renovation kit, I think this is a significant weakening of this event. I don't understand why rewards like the Renovation Kit or Rouge Hideout consist of fragments while Winter Train, Shrine of Knowledge and Sentinel outpost do not. Can we expect the fragments as daily rewards in upcoming events or is it only in this year's winter event? On the other hand, I am happy to return to the daily Wishing Well Shrink Kit rewards, even in fragments, better than not having them at all.

GateKeeper

Baronet
minor glitch, in fact , it might not be a glitch, its might help players not select it. but for the love of the game.... the victory tower image is missing.

1667434322564.png

Kronan

Viceroy
Rename the game to Forge of Fragments...
I know the prizes in this event are kind of guaranteed, but compared to other events,this one has become unattractive due to the new content of fragments in the daily rewards. Compared to the previous year, we get less event currency and 3 times less rewards, if someone decides to go, for example, for the renovation kit, I think this is a significant weakening of this event. I don't understand why rewards like the Renovation Kit or Rouge Hideout consist of fragments while Winter Train, Shrine of Knowledge and Sentinel outpost do not. Can we expect the fragments as daily rewards in upcoming events or is it only in this year's winter event? On the other hand, I am happy to return to the daily Wishing Well Shrink Kit rewards, even in fragments, better than not having them at all.

Haha - catch a few winks of sleep, and your "sacred" Shrine of Knowledge AND the SoK upgrade to level 2 have been transformed to - FRAGMENTATION items...

FRAGMENTATION has gone viral....!

I think the BORG (Star Trek) said it best: You will be assimilated - FoE's answer: It will be fragmented.

Capture.JPG

but wait! There's more...

Capture 1.JPG

Last edited:

Astrid

Baronet
The main prize and the nutcracker guardhouse are good prizes, nothing to comment about them, but the rest of the items basically fragments is just an insult to the player. Also, I noticed that the premium pass for many players with diamonds is no longer available to be purchased with diamonds, but directly with money. Just another insult to the diamond buyers or players who spend time to play the game on multiple worlds.

Just keep on ruining this game...

XIA*

Marquis
the dailies are lackluster to say the least... fragments, fragments and useless polishing boxes. I haven't self-polished a building since I was in bronze age. I've literally been waiting to get something noteworthy since day 1 when I got 3 sleighbuilders and spent most of those stars.

The other thing is, the amount of stars given is ridiculously low, especially considering the type of quests you need to do for them. You know, price-value ratio is definitely off. Also for the raindeer thingie as several people pointed out already. Why would I pay serious amounts of diamonds for FRAGMENTS, goods that I can get from my city and self-polish kits? It's kind of ridiculous that Inno thinks anyone would pay for that.

Kronan

Viceroy
The main prize and the nutcracker guardhouse are good prizes...
Agree on this... from the beginning of the event.

Also, I noticed that the premium pass for many players with diamonds is no longer available to be purchased with diamonds, but directly with money.

I haven't seen this... REALLY? MANY PLAYERS?

I obtained my Nutcracker last night, because it was the right time for my own event playing (milestones) to do so, but I paid INNO from my supply of their "gift/compensation" diamonds for it. Who is getting "REAL MONEY ONLY" choices?

@Astrid -> Are you saying: Other BETA players have to use real money?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Who is getting "REAL MONEY ONLY" choices?
I have only 1 choice for Halloween pas, at live for example: €17, previous events where 1.200 diamonds. The payed offerings are worse then at the beginning of the game imho, more real cash for less diamonds, event passes for straight up even more money then I would've payed for 1.200 diamonds before, if I would choose to buy diamonds for real money.
Also regular deals real money for diamonds has become worse. The €/diamond ratio is way off. Not to forget that getting a 2nd grand prize since fall event is more expensive. Especially this event in particular. With a "massive" 200% extra diamonds sale at live, I could potentially getting a 2nd chocolate factory when the winter event is released for the "cheap" price of "only" €60. Assuming the winter pass won't be € locked for me too, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's gotten discouraged by Inno to invest real money into the game. Especially after reading this comments above.

Ice bear

Squire
On czech live servers some player in Halloween event have premium pass..375 kc....not 1200 diamonds. Maybe test on live servers?

Kronan

Viceroy
@Ice bear and @drakenridder - it seems like you're relaying/have relayed some live server policy change, vs a change that is occurring/has occured here in beta test policy. Thank you for saying the data you presented is coming from your LIVE server.

@Astrid didn't communicate in her post/comment about "spending hard currency" that it was live related vs here in beta. I think that's an important distinction left out.

My US live server offers the Halloween premium track for 1200 diamonds, but to be candid - this topic is about the BETA Winter 2022 event.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Ice bear and @drakenridder - it seems like you're relaying/have relayed some live server policy change, vs a change that is occurring/has occured here in beta test policy. Thank you for saying the data you presented is coming from your LIVE server.

@Astrid didn't communicate in her post/comment about "spending hard currency" that it was live related vs here in beta. I think that's an important distinction left out.

My US live server offers the Halloween premium track for 1200 diamonds, but to be candid - this topic is about the BETA Winter 2022 event.
It's in A/B test on both beta and live. I believe Astrid was referring to the beta event unless she states otherwise.

Kronan

Viceroy
It's in A/B test on both beta and live. I believe Astrid was referring to the beta event unless she states otherwise.
Thanks @xivarmy . Did any announcement or discussion of both a live and beta A/B test on this change occur that I (and maybe other...) missed? I try to stay on top of posts by our hosts, but could have missed it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Thanks @xivarmy . Did any announcement or discussion of both a live and beta A/B test on this change occur that I (and maybe other...) missed? I try to stay on top of posts by our hosts, but could have missed it.
A/B tests are never announced.

It was discussed a little in the halloween event thread and maybe earlier in this one.

Reasons it likely hasn't generated too much discussion:

- the $$$ test group is likely quite small; not many posters may be in it
- the event passes haven't been huge sells, a lot of people probably wouldn't buy it for either diamonds or $$$ and thus either haven't noticed or haven't cared enough to comment.

Just a mid review of the event going on dispite the current graphic problems.
1. building is nice. I like both types
2. daily prices are weak, especially when it comes to the sleigh in order to add the daily prices for 20 dias each. I understand the concept as adding 9 daily prices in order to buy the sleigh for some 3 k dias. So far I couldnt find any daily price worth adding the sleigh... after 17 days 15 are left. I wonder if there will come some 9 prices worth adding (by spending each 20 dias) worth finally paying 3k dias to get these double paid out. The risk from a beta players view is high, as we dont know the daily prices. I wouldnt spend 20 dias if I am unsure if I can get the 9 items full.
3. The tasks are doable and so for no issues.
4. I am concerned that the 11 buiding steps cant be achieved without paying dias. Its recognizable that since the eventbox is gone the balancing of getting all building levels collected has been negativly influenced. 1st by the number of lvls and second by getting the daily necessary items collected. The Sunflower Oil Press was hard to get whilst the Tarot card Caravans were overpaid. So I see a balancing issue with regard to number of building levels in accordance with the event design

If you Inno want more players investing dias or real money the value of prices should be liftted up extremly. Nobody invests up to 40 EUR for fragments and crap.
Just as a note... To value the current sleigh with daily specials.... 2995 dias plus 9 times 20 makes 180 being 3175 dias at least. Buying the most wanted dia package includes 2550 dias vor some 20 EUR. The next stage adding 8100 dias is available for some 50 EUR. So your choice is either taking 2 packages for 40 or 1 for 50 EUR. And now Inno ask yourself would you spend that amount of money in order to get the sleigh fully packed and paid?

Last edited: