• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2021

Ironrooster

Baronet
The first problem and the most important is the boredom that generates to do a thousand times similar missions. We are not here to be bored, at least I am here to have fun.
The first 38 missions must be done all together and just at that moment the daily missions begin.
On 2020 we have done 7 productions quests in 37 missions. This year we have done 6 productions quests in 20 missions.
Well you could argue that all the quests are boring. It's not like any of them are new - just some can be done faster than others.
There's no need to do the first 38 missions all at once, since they stack with the dailies until you get to them. While they are divided into Main and Daily, the rality is tht there are 70 missions/quests to be done sequentially in 31 days. You can spread the 70 out over the 31 days of the event.
I am fine with them the way they are.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't understand all the angst over the productions.
You only get to do them once, so it really doesn't matter how fast you go as long as you finish them once by the end of the event.
And I always manage to do all the quests by the end of the event.
Besides you eventually, hit the dailies and and only get 1 quest per day plus the freebie.

It depends on how many production buildings you have as to how much a nuisance production quests are.

I too am fine with them generally speaking.

But I've built my cities with them in mind - having a good number of production buildings, a significant amount of which are either my age or previous age.

People who have built their cities solely focused on FP or attack and not continued event performance have a much bigger nuisance ahead of them.

It's not bad that the game has consequences for choices, but it's understandable that some people will find it to be "too much" at times (while others don't even really notice).

NandodeMC

Merchant
Please note: If you get double reward before finding the Daily Key, you will get a Daily Key and a Master Key Part!

I wonder why double (x2) is not just what it says .... double ...
It should be one daily key and 5 Master Key Parts.
In case you find a second key in the same day, it will be replaced by 1 Master Key Piece and 10 stars.
It is set so that obtaining the Daily Key present a 2nd time gives 1 Master Key Piece. Understand "double reward" here as obtaining the reward twice, not as duplicating the first present's reward.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Well you could argue that all the quests are boring. It's not like any of them are new - just some can be done faster than others.
There's no need to do the first 38 missions all at once, since they stack with the dailies until you get to them. While they are divided into Main and Daily, the rality is tht there are 70 missions/quests to be done sequentially in 31 days. You can spread the 70 out over the 31 days of the event.
I am fine with them the way they are.

The missions are boring when they are repeated again and again unnecessarily.
So you can understand the situation I invite you to see the list of fast missions of Winter Event 2020 here: https://mega.nz/file/MmRHyKwC#zgAhq9krNGwkv16Hk3YPq1yuk2gVleXhdmEgtk5ebs0.
You will see that it is composed by a serie of missions that do not repeat and make the event fun.
Well, you may complete the missions as you want, but the first 38 quests are named "fast missions", so they must be completed as soon as possible. I do not like to leave things for later, so I do the fast missions as quick as I can. Then I enjoy the tranquility of making a mission per day. Keep in mind that 31 days remain to end the event and there are 31 missions from the 39.

vidicecilia

Baronet
It depends on how many production buildings you have as to how much a nuisance production quests are.

I too am fine with them generally speaking.

But I've built my cities with them in mind - having a good number of production buildings, a significant amount of which are either my age or previous age.

People who have built their cities solely focused on FP or attack and not continued event performance have a much bigger nuisance ahead of them.

It's not bad that the game has consequences for choices, but it's understandable that some people will find it to be "too much" at times (while others don't even really notice).

Those of us who do the Daily Challenge every day have the obligation of having a significant amount of production buildingss. I have 19. This doesn't mean that it is reasonable to design an event with 30% of production missions.

Goldilocks

Farmer
How do we get the reindeer? I thought, they come with the daily prize as there is a PLUS sign between the prize and a reindeer? I just got the daily, but no reindeer in sight? Is it hiding somewhere?

Ironrooster

Baronet
So you can understand the situation I invite you to see the list of fast missions of Winter Event 2020 here: https://mega.nz/file/MmRHyKwC#zgAhq9krNGwkv16Hk3YPq1yuk2gVleXhdmEgtk5ebs0.
You will see that it is composed by a serie of missions that do not repeat and make the event fun.
Well, you may complete the missions as you want, but the first 38 quests are named "fast missions", so they must be completed as soon as possible. I do not like to leave things for later, so I do the fast missions as quick as I can. Then I enjoy the tranquility of making a mission per day. Keep in mind that 31 days remain to end the event and there are 31 missions from the 39.

I don't think the referenced list supports your argument.
I counted 7 production quests that are required plus an additional 4 that were one option in an "or" choice. This was in the 37 quests listed in your reference.
The rest of the quests seem like pretty standard event quests.

Fenix

Viceroy
Quest 9: Finish a 8-hours production 12 times in a production building.

Quest 10: Finish a 4-hours production 10 times in a production building.

Quest 14: Finish 1-hour production 13 times in a production building.

Quest 15: Finish 4-hour production 24 times in a production buildin.

Is there someone responsible who can give an explanation about this?

I'm not "responsible" but I think I can answer that. Obviously, profit. I don't usually spend diamonds to finish productions (except when I only have 1 or 2 to finish something and I don't have the rush item), but some people use them...

On another note, the calendar is once again a let down, it is not at all possible for an active player, who is in the game every day, to get the keys, not even doing the daily missions.

vidicecilia

Baronet
I'm not "responsible" but I think I can answer that. Obviously, profit. I don't usually spend diamonds to finish productions (except when I only have 1 or 2 to finish something and I don't have the rush item), but some people use them...

On another note, the calendar is once again a let down, it is not at all possible for an active player, who is in the game every day, to get the keys, not even doing the daily missions.

You are right, I did not realize this detail.

Last edited:

vidicecilia

Baronet
I don't think the referenced list supports your argument.
I counted 7 production quests that are required plus an additional 4 that were one option in an "or" choice. This was in the 37 quests listed in your reference.
The rest of the quests seem like pretty standard event quests.

I've told you that in Winter Event 2020, we can find 7 production (without count optional quests) quests in 37 quests. 7 in 37 = 19%

Winter Event 2021: (without optional quests)

Quest 15: Finish 4-hour production 24 times in a production building.

Quest 21: In a production building, finish a 1-hour production 13 times.

Quest 24: In a production building, finish a 15-minutes production 18 times.

Quest 25: Finish 18 productions in production buildings of your age ....

Quest 29: In a production building, finish a 5-minutes production 19 times.

Quest 35: In a production building, finish a 1-hour production 14 times

Quest 36: Finish an 8-hour production 12 times in a production building

In only 28 missions we can find 10 production missions, almost 36%.
Can you realize that 36% is more than 19%?

I'm playing FoE since 2012. I know that the missions of the events are not the great thing, but it is not logical that Inno propose us only production missions. I expect you understand the situation now.

Beyond the exposed, you may like the constant repetition of missions, I do not like it and I have all the right of the world to complain.

Bye!

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
In the announcement there is a typo.... " Similar to last year's Winter Event, you will get the chance to unwrap amazing presents containing some pretty interesting rewards. " "underwhelming" was misspelled as "amazing".

Just like last year, the Calendar is a bad joke. Just view last year threads for the chances/odds of getting a key everyday for 32 days.

Suggestions to make this event somewhat better and enjoyable to play:
The gift board needs to be reduced to at most 15 gifts
or, give more Cookies per quest.

The announcement says, you can win "key parts" from the daily challenge. I did not see such option from the Daily Challenge today,

I like the the Attack % building vs the Defense % building since its technically something different....just not sure who would select the Def % building, and developers must agree since their are more FP's in that building. You might want to throw some Goods on these buildings to try to entice players to go for Def... 5 goods for the Attack. 10 goods for the Defense. (to the other beta players, Yes I understand that still won't make players choose the Def building but I'm trying to help in a positive way)

estrid

Baronet
This event seems just like the one we had last year. I so wish that the 'shuffle' were not hidden in the presents but beside to be used only when needed. That's how it is done in Elvenar.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I've told you that in Winter Event 2020, we can find 7 production (without count optional quests) quests in 37 quests. 7 in 37 = 19%

Winter Event 2021: (without optional quests)

Quest 15: Finish 4-hour production 24 times in a production building.

Quest 21: In a production building, finish a 1-hour production 13 times.

Quest 24: In a production building, finish a 15-minutes production 18 times.

Quest 25: Finish 18 productions in production buildings of your age ....

Quest 29: In a production building, finish a 5-minutes production 19 times.

Quest 35: In a production building, finish a 1-hour production 14 times

Quest 36: Finish an 8-hour production 12 times in a production building

In only 28 missions we can find 10 production missions, almost 36%.
Can you realize that 36% is more than 19%?

I'm playing FoE since 2012. I know that the missions of the events are not the great thing, but it is not logical that Inno propose us only production missions. I expect you understand the situation now.

Beyond the exposed, you may like the constant repetition of missions, I do not like it and I have all the right of the world to complain.

Bye!
That was not your original argument.
Your original argument was:
"
"

You invited comparison with last years Winter event, to which I don't see any significant difference.
I was pointing out that the repetition existed in the prior list you referenced. 7 vs 10 is not significant as they both are repetitious.

You can of course not like the list of quests for the Winter 2021 and for other events as well.

hades8840

Marquis
Already hate this event the calendar is not doable just used all the stars I managed to collect yesterday had about 6 boxes left to open without finding the key and hit the re-shuffle that should be once uncovered left until the player decides he needs it.. the auto reshuffle just means if you havent found that days key your out of luck and no point carrying on or dig deep for diamonds