• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5653

Probably as secret quest revard, or some day as daily special gift.

Nope, the building is already in the game. But it's a lot smaller and eventually lot different, than I thought it would be. It's the Sugar Baker's Booth, as dragonsden said. ;)

DeletedUser8652

Ok, according to the changelog there were fixes on Thursday and Friday related to the build menu. Yesterday and again today I'm encountering a bug in the build menu. When you are awarded the ability to build a new building the flag does not leave when you go into the build menu and look at it.
This is happening on two separate pc's, at two separate locations.
As soon as you change screens, the 'new building' indicator shows back up and your building menu is highlighted.
If this is the incorrect place to post this, please steer me in the correct direction.

qaccy

Emperor
The new set looks like it's an interesting idea, allowing players to (more or less) pick and choose which buildings they want to collect and place in their cities while still getting max effect from each. Previous sets have more or less required you to collect the whole thing in order to get all (or the best) bonuses, so it's nice to have something a lot more modular, and as always the art of the buildings looks great (I'm assuming most if not all of them are animated as well).

That being said, I'm personally not a fan of it. As others have pointed out, the small buildings and overall small effects means that individually these buildings are all rather weak, and it's more effective to collect things like Tribal Squares if you're interested in goods, or the classic SoK if you're interested in FP. The individual impact of each of these buildings is very low, especially if the intention is for these tiny buildings to take spotlight as daily specials.

WillyWuff17

Squire
Ok, according to the changelog there were fixes on Thursday and Friday related to the build menu. Yesterday and again today I'm encountering a bug in the build menu. When you are awarded the ability to build a new building the flag does not leave when you go into the build menu and look at it.
This is happening on two separate pc's, at two separate locations.
As soon as you change screens, the 'new building' indicator shows back up and your building menu is highlighted.
If this is the incorrect place to post this, please steer me in the correct direction.

Yes if you unlock a new building but do not have enough population then the exclamation mark stays until you have enough.

Muirtach

Farmer
Winter event. You can stick it Inno. I spend 150 stars and bought 110 another, spend them to, 5 shuffles, 5 most useless drummers, lot of other useless trash. No more diamonds spend on basically nothing! You haven't listen our complains before, you likely won't listen now to. From this moment no micro payments from me, no diamonds! If you ignore us, we will ignore you. How many times people were angry at Shuffle?? What you did?? Nothing!!

DeletedUser7503

i'm glad you didn't change the winter event so finally a fun event to play this year. IF you are going to keep making these huge footprint buildings with limited value then you need to give us limitless space to place them. If you don't then most people won't bother and those that do will tear them down once the newness has worn off.

DeletedUser8705

There’s definitely a space issue, (part 4 oceanic age and only one expansion!). Then there’s inno who gives us useless rewards for higher age players because we have to delete so many decent ones for space, only to delete the event ones as there just not worth all the effort we have to put in and use all our valuable goods in the process to complete maps sectors without fighting etc. This game is becoming a click repeat click repeat. And don’t mention the ploys inno try to get us to buy diamonds. I’m seeing more and more members given up playing as the fun has gone out of the game.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Set aside, i feel i should give some counter to the antievent voice:

I really like the design of the winter event board that's been used each year, shuffle included. I've always walked out with a few things I want from it - some years moreso than others. This year might be the exception for my main city but that's not because of the design of the board - rather just that there's not much of anything i can think of a need for.

I also don't feel unreasonably space constrained - if there were things worth having i'd happily rip out some barracks, SoKs, or rogue hideouts to put it in. There is a ton of room in a high age city that the only event buildings that need be deleted are the ones that you don't really need - unless you're a huge diamond spender that fills your city every event that offers a new 'best' building/set.

DeletedUser8273

some little wish:)
please, double Winter Event Building bonuses. For now their stats look strange. Very strange.
For example - Smorgasbord Feast 5% defence (1x2) compare to a Ritual Flame (8% defence; same size). etc...

vidicecilia

Baronet
Hi!
I find rewards of set of presents really useful and unsuitable of such important event. Inno, can you be a little generous? Yes, I may not make this event, as you always say.

DeletedUser8705

Set aside, i feel i should give some counter to the antievent voice:

I really like the design of the winter event board that's been used each year, shuffle included. I've always walked out with a few things I want from it - some years moreso than others. This year might be the exception for my main city but that's not because of the design of the board - rather just that there's not much of anything i can think of a need for.

I also don't feel unreasonably space constrained - if there were things worth having i'd happily rip out some barracks, SoKs, or rogue hideouts to put it in. There is a ton of room in a high age city that the only event buildings that need be deleted are the ones that you don't really need - unless you're a huge diamond spender that fills your city every event that offers a new 'best' building/set.
I’m in oceanic age and believe me when I say space is a serious issue and deleting things had to be finely balanced or else happyness etc goes out the window.

DeletedUser8411

Winter Event is okay this year. I like the 10 stars in the quest box.. plus the stars you get when complete a quest. Wish there were more opportunities to get stars though. so basically you get 20 stars every 24 hours. in which case you may or may not get the prize of the day

rich3lions

Farmer
Im disappointed that there is no chance to get the event buildings from last years winter event, i have several santas grottos in one of my worlds and would have liked the chance to get more, surely these could have been included as a daily special at least once over the course of the event

garazon

Farmer
Please stop with the sets after this event. While some are indeed well designed, and some giving great benefits, it is a pain in the butt moving them and the resulting reset of timer. they then become plunder fodder until back on track with the rest of the city. I have slowly begun removing past sets from my live cities. Tired of messing with them!!

DeletedUser8341

some little wish:)
please, double Winter Event Building bonuses. For now their stats look strange. Very strange.
For example - Smorgasbord Feast 5% defence (1x2) compare to a Ritual Flame (8% defence; same size). etc...
It is 5% without any buidling bonuses. Set buildings never match up to others, when you only have one of them. They need others in the set adjacent to make them worthwhile.

If the base output from a set building was high enough when it stands alone, the set bonuses would have to be ridiculously small, or the entire set way overpowered.

What is wrong with this event is not that the buidlings don’t do well on their own but that there is a less than even chance to win them. A standard player unwilling to spend over £100 on the event is unlikely to end up with more than half of them, making any possible set probably pointless. In terms of what £100 can buy a gamer, the Winter Event buidlings just don’t match up!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

An app update today for my iPad.

STILL no Winter Event to beta test.

App players have choices:
  1. Don’t bother testing the Winter Event. Like other recent events, you probably can’t complete it on the app before it is taken off again (let alone before the still-active beta test goes live) so what’s the point of starting, whenever that might be. This means the Winter Event as implemented on the app never gets tested at beta stage.
  2. Find a browser (on a PC/Mac, or the Puffin browser app) and play/test the Winter Event on that. This means the Winter Event as implemented on the app never gets beta tested, at least for the early stages of the Event.
  3. Wait until the Winter Event eventually appears (already 50 stars behind everyone else and counting) and then start playing & testing the app on it. This means the Winter Event as implemented on the app never gets fully tested at beta stage, probably only a few days prior to live release.
And yet Inno will try to convince people that they take the app seriously!