• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

You get 10 stars from an immediately collectible quest each day instead of 10 from each town hall collection. This avoids a few issues:
- people collecting their town hall right before the event starts, and then "missing out" on a collection
Fantastic change, it was always frustrating trying to be so exact with your TH collection so you don't miss out.

I love the Winter event. The snow is beautiful again, great to see it's return. The new buildings are meh, it just seems like it was a good idea but now it's been beaten to death. These buildings in particular I don't see any big winners and unfortunately if today is any indication they will be the center stage prize instead of a happy accident while going for something useful prize. For that alone I don't think you'll get many takers, with the summer event people set out for X but because of the wheel mechanics they ended up with XY so they set out to get the additional WXYZ to complete more and more. Here you won't have that unless you put them in with the good prizes, as is I don't think any of these boosts are going to be worth wasting chances for on non 'whatever your poison probably SOK day' to get them. Also, I hope this doesn't mean fewer good prizes now.

I am not a fan of all of these new things. Coin rush? Not to sound insulting but I couldn't think of anything less useful. People used to complain about coin and supply and my how I wish we could go back to that. At least coin and supply could be used during a gather coin/supply quest or coin to buy FP instead we are stuck with pages and pages of things we will never use in inventory. Boost crates... Who wants to pop a boost when you have no idea what it will do? coin supply boost of various degrees to take up even more room, motivate/motivate all etc.. It just seems they took the coin/supply everyone wanted gone and came up with a dozen somehow less useful things to take up more room on a wheel or prize board.

I do like that they paid attention to how the set will be arranged differently by different players. The palace set/elephant set looks pretty awful broken up and multiples arranged differently, they are also very hard to collect from. Nice to see this was realized and changed to work a bit better with these.

DeletedUser7996

Good prize, but I would increase attack % bonus... :-(

DeletedUser7059

My best sollution so far:
d3Xw.png

11FP + 8% attack + 32 goods + coins, supplies, medals and happines by player age.
14x4 space (SoK could give 14FP for same space. 2x terrace farm give 10FP for +4 space)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so 14 SoK or 18 set buildings (-2 from the questline)

winning 14 SoK will be much easier:
you wait until it comes and win as much SoKs as you can

when you go for the set you don't know at the day of part x how often you win part y later
so if you have enough of one building then you maybe don't have enough stars for the rest

so without using diamonds the best way to maximize FP is not going for anything from the set

DeletedUser7059

117 SoK alredy in my town, around 120 motivation per day... ;) So no better sollution for me, or i don´t see some. ;)

DeletedUser7514

This solution maybe give full rewards : 4 forge points + 13 goods + 3% Attack + 5% Defend + 5% Supplies + Coins + Medals + Happiness
171102 Winter Village set, my best solution_2.jpg

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A neat idea with the malleable set that we get to pick and choose from - I'll have to give some thought before I decide how much i like the options there are to choose from. None of them jump out as amazing, so there might be a slight issue of needing an impractical number of prize wins to make the shapes you want.

I appreciate moving the 10 stars a day to a daily quest instead of forcing us to maintain an exact 24 hr schedule to not miss out.

DeletedUser7942

I appreciate moving the 10 stars a day to a daily quest instead of forcing us to maintain an exact 24 hr schedule to not miss out.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something it's the same 24 hour cycle for the quest so how does this really prevent missing stars? I mean if you miss collecting a day from your Town Hall and you miss a day to collect from the questgiver what's the difference?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
From initial playing around with layouts there are some interesting setups for space efficiency - but they're pretty terrible in terms of the number of prize wins you need. On my main server where i don't need anything really i might try for something, but on the new US server that just went up where i need a lot of stuff i think getting a bajillionty baby prizes to make something nice is out of the question compared to getting old staples like SoKs and Rogue Hideouts.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing, that could be what you were going for. If it wasn't what you were going for, a fix would be having multiple different set pieces on the board the day when they're up so that you can make up for the fact you need so many by trying for more than one at a time.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Unless I'm misunderstanding something it's the same 24 hour cycle for the quest so how does this really prevent missing stars? I mean if you miss collecting a day from your Town Hall and you miss a day to collect from the questgiver what's the difference?

The difference is it's not 24 hours from a->b, it's day->day. so if you collect your townhall at the last minute of a day, and the next day you miss by 5 minutes, you missed your stars for the day. Whereas if you do the quest in the last minute of the day, then 2 minutes later you could do it again - you don't have to wait 24 hrs, you just have to be on SOMETIME each day.

Edit : Well it's not quite as bad as i make it out there, because you only drifted by 5 minutes - but overall my 24 hr collections do drift every day. sometimes by minutes, sometimes by hours. and probably once or twice a month they make it to the end of the day and some day i have to go 'screw it i'll get it in the morning' - thus over the course of a monthlong event, approximately 20 stars would be missed by me for being attached to the townhall collection. Alt servers are even worse - at least once a week i miss a day of 24 hr collections there. Where i will be on at sometime each day if it comes from a quest.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7529

Winter event is definitelly worst event so far. There was so many negative feedback about shuffle item and nothing got changed :(
"You won all progress reset, start from zero". Last year I got nothing useful (coins, supplies, trash decos, shuffle, and repeat, without any daily special I was hoping to get), this year I propably skip this event in this form.
Solution is so simple - why those special presents cannot be activated manually, with new shuffle button (initially disabled, can be clicked after shuffle item is unlocked), same with show 2 (ie last 2 gifts left and we win 'show 2' while we know last item has to be shuffle anyway).