• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
After messing up my first attempt at a small set, i ended up making a big mess with my second attempt at an efficient arrangement (which further exacerbates the issue of needing sooo many support pieces). In total this is 33(!) prizes, giving a total of 14 FP, 12% Atk, 10% Coin Boost, 20% Supply Boost, and 20 goods a day in approximately the same area as 14 SoKs.

Code:
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+r
r| toymaker  |candlemaker|halm |candlemaker|smorgasbord|r
r+           +-----+-----+bock +-----+-----+-----+-----+r
r|           |sstar|mfort|     |tink |mfort|   sugar   |r
r+           +-----+-----+-----+tent +-----+   baker   +r
r|           |smorgasbord|mfort|     |halm |           |r
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+bock +-----+-----+r
r|sstar|mfort|halm |mfort|sstar|mfort|     |mfort|sstar|r
r+-----+-----+bock +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+r
r|   sugar   |     |tink |mfort|smoragsbord| toymaker  |r
r+   baker   +-----+tent +-----+-----+-----+           |r
r|           |mfort|     |halm |mfort|sstar|           |r
r+-----+-----+-----+-----+bock +-----+-----+           |r
r|smorgasbord|candlemaker|     |candlemaker|           |r
r+-----+-----+-----------+-----+-----------+-----------+r

It's something I'd try for if it was realistic - but at an average price of 70 stars to get your first prize of the day, and 100 to get a shuffle and find a duplicate it's nowhere close without an obscene amount of diamonds. For me to chase something I think either some pieces need a buff to justify picking up lots of other pieces to support them, or many of the pieces need to come as pairs if they're daily specials.

DeletedUser1418

Total waste of time to sit around for 35 days, doing one quest at a time. The reward in the end is in my opinion distracts from the real objective of this game. Apart for not getting any space to place these "rewards", having more buildings that can be farmed once a day make you more vulnerable to plunders. Getting sick and tired of quest's build for the rich and lucky, leaving no room for skill...

DeletedUser7514

9 special building in this event:
2 are obtainable during the event ("Madame Fortuna's Tent" and "Straw Star Tent"),
at least 7 are hidden in the presents during 35 days.

In the best case I find one of these 7 buildings every 35/7= 5 days
I could spend about 50 daily + 50 from quests = 100 stars (10 attempts) and I have 10% chance of taking it. Without shuffle.

It seems to me very difficult to complete the entire Winter Village Set.
Even buying stars with diamonds the situation improves slightly why I should find a building between 18 presents (1/18= 6% probability) and before finding the shuffle.

Perhaps it's best to use diamonds to buy the building the day after in a safe shot.

1) Tinkerer's Tent = 500 diamonds
2) ...
3) ...
4) ...
5) ...
6) ...
7) ...

DeletedUser3741

I know the event quests would stack but do we know if the stars quest does? So if someone doesn't collect the free stars quest for three days they can collect 30 stars?

No the free stars guests do not stack

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8277

Perhaps it's best to use diamonds to buy the building the day after in a safe shot.
With special buildings now appearing in DCs the rush to collect them and spend diamonds for them all has been diminished. I think you'd have a better chance collecting a workable set through DCs over a long period of time than you would trying to get them here.

I actually like that the Winter event still does the 1 per day quest. It reminds me of the advent calendars I used to have during the holiday season as a kid. I don't think all the events should be the same and the 1 per day quest is another thing setting Winter apart.

Lionhead

Baronet
Getting sick and tired of quest's build for the rich and lucky, leaving no room for skill...

I don´t really mind having the occassional opportunity for the rich and lucky to have their day in the sun. Us not so rich and not so lucky have GE to get our rewards based on skills - at least fighting-wise. And here and hopefuly soon on live there´ll be the DC which in some situations demand a bit of skill as well..

DeletedUser7942

Yea, last year I spent 500 stars (50 attempts) and failed to get daily special I was going for - 5 or 6 times got shuffle before I managed to find daily special...
Buying stars for diamonds in this event is definitelly not a good idea.

New set seems nice - in theory you can choose boosts you want to get by building selected set items. But in practice it is very likely you wont find any item from new set, hitting more than 1 daily special will need huge luck.
Yeah that's a pretty rough scenario but I think the average for the overall player base who only use all the stars from quests will be about 3-4 daily specials which is in line with the Spring, Summer and Fall events this past year, by my sampling anyway. So with the two free set buildings the average players will get total is 5-6 set pieces leaving them 3-4 short if they want the entire set. Same goes if one is going for one specific daily special say SoK for instance, the average SoK's players will get is 3-4, some will get more, some will get less, some maybe none at all but that is as it has been with all these last few seasonal events so imo this event is really no different except in the set pieces.

DeletedUser3741

I believe will be nice if the blue pointer gone after the first time we open the event panel and not appear again and again each time we log in game or refresh the page. I am really sure anyone can understand since the fist time what we need to do :)

As long about the event prizes. The design is really nice but i think, as someone else mention too, we really need a "tool" to move all the pieces together or a option (somehow) to lock/unlock them together when needed. That tool/option can be won in a event/DC/GE, like those boost crates, motivate kits etc.

The idea about multiple pieces event prizes is nice but seems like the idea is overused lately and the devs start making sets with more and more pieces. At last when it comes about sets with a lot pieces give to the players something that really worth the effort and the time to get them or for someone who spend diamonds to do it with not a second thought

Dont be "stingy" like the Inno's 5 years birthday event prize.. Its Christmas celebrate ;)

DeletedUser6863

I think it is the Sugar Bakers Booth with the images switching sides or being rotated.

DeletedUser7059

Probably as secret quest revard, or some day as daily special gift.

DeletedUser7703

You might also want to try picking up some duplicates, instead of going for 1 of each. (Depending on your playstyle and current needs.)

Robert will there be duplicates of the Straw Star Tent & Madame Fortuna's Tent or just 1 each from the questline?

DeletedUser7647

Coins? you actually placed coins in this event too?
Remember, no one needs them really after EMA.

DeletedUser7059

More little combination. Realistic for non or not mutch diamond spenders ;) :
(left) 6x7 space / 8FP+24goods + 6% attack + 2% coins +coins, supplyes, medals, happines - 13 buildings
(right) 7x6 space / 6FP+28goods + 6% attack +coins, supplyes, medals, happines - 14 buildings
e409.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7158

Will there be barracks on the board this year as in previous years? They were removed from the summer event and I'm hoping that's not the case for Winter too

DeletedUser7703

More little combination. Realistic for non or not mutch diamond spenders ;) :
(left) 6x7 space / 8FP+24goods + 6% attack + 2% coins +coins, supplyes, medals, happines - 13 buildings
(right) 7x6 space / 8FP+28goods + 6% attack +coins, supplyes, medals, happines - 14 buildings

Nice, however think right set is only 6FPs as your Toymakers (aka perfume distillery) only have 3 connections.

DeletedUser7059

Yep, i miss that, so second set combination is lot worst than i calculate

DeletedUser6908

why so less quests ?

Halloween: 2 weeks. 45 quests
Winter Event: 5 weeks. 34 quests

:rolleyes:

In Halloween the push was to get people to spend diamonds to complete the quests in time allotted. Here the push is clearly to get people to spend diamonds to get all the special buildings and/or multiples of them.

clebert

Merchant
Hope the quests came in order, scout a province, negotiate sectors for finally acquire a province
as all events finish with that quest living a province ready to scout - also , i know hundreds of
players that are in more than 1 world ,i'm curious to know if will come quests for xx minutes/hours
producing,kind of punishment to the players,killing important buildings to build black smith .Sure
is nothing better than those ridiculous quests,even more hard to finish ? A lot players also want
stay at the same age, please provide some option for that. thanks !