• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser4095

re the 23 day of winter quest requiring scout a sector. I am stuck at a position where I cannot scout, especially given the drawback in the event time line. On the world map I am at Modern era and have 10 of 11 provinces. there is no where I can scout. OK that's just me here but it could occur on the main boards too.

DeletedUser6409

re the 23 day of winter quest requiring scout a sector. I am stuck at a position where I cannot scout, especially given the drawback in the event time line. On the world map I am at Modern era and have 10 of 11 provinces. there is no where I can scout. OK that's just me here but it could occur on the main boards too.
You can aquire the sectors on ME and then proceed to PME and scout a province there.

DeletedUser5898

Where did the winter event go? It said it was till January and now it's gone I just finished research one and then noticed it wasn't around anymore....I'm I only one experiencing this bug or did I miss an announcement?

DeletedUser

No new confactionary???
you need to ask the support to give you one

Where did the winter event go? It said it was till January and now it's gone I just finished research one and then noticed it wasn't around anymore....I'm I only one experiencing this bug or did I miss an announcement?
actually you missed 2 announcements about it

it ended yesterday

DeletedUser5898

you need to ask the support to give you one

it ended yesterday

Ah, Thanks....I've been super ill these last week (suffered a fever induced heatstroke) guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I hurried myself along...but ultimately my own fault. :< Thanks for heads up...

DeletedUser5608

it ended yesterday

announcements where? i never saw any ingame and there doesnt appear to be anything here on this thread
so we have no opportunity to spend remaining stars after the final quest (i completed each within a few hours of it being posted - they had not been stacking up over several days) and no new upgraded confectionary as a final reward for completing the entire event? (and, yes, i di have an old confectionary in my city from last year waiting for the opportunity to sell and upgrade it before anyone asks)
i had better ensure word reaches live servers that the event fizzles out with no special end rewards - what a disappointment!

DeletedUser6968

I did not see any announcements either and missed the chance to spend 300 stars, normaly after the last quest is completed you had the opportunity to spend them for another 1-2 weeks, now I feel cheated after all the hard work ;-(

Tanmay11

Regent
announcements where? i never saw any ingame and there doesnt appear to be anything here on this thread
so we have no opportunity to spend remaining stars after the final quest (i completed each within a few hours of it being posted - they had not been stacking up over several days) and no new upgraded confectionary as a final reward for completing the entire event? (and, yes, i di have an old confectionary in my city from last year waiting for the opportunity to sell and upgrade it before anyone asks)
i had better ensure word reaches live servers that the event fizzles out with no special end rewards - what a disappointment!
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-beta-early-finish.5451/
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-reminder.5477/
and the timer on the event window

the announcement also states anyone who submits a ticket will get a legendary confectionery as a compensations because the event was going to end early in beta and we wont have a chance to upgrade large confectionery.

DeletedUser7076

I'm a bit suprised that the winterevent has ended. Yesterday evening I was not able to play and today a new event is started???
I did save a lot of stars and no change to use these, also got no change to finish the last quest.
Would have been nice to receive a note or a reminder one or two days before ending the event.
Kind regards,
Jaco de Stoute

DeletedUser5149

I'm a bit suprised that the winterevent has ended. Yesterday evening I was not able to play and today a new event is started???
I did save a lot of stars and no change to use these, also got no change to finish the last quest.
Would have been nice to receive a note or a reminder one or two days before ending the event.
Kind regards,
Jaco de Stoute

Wonder why you didn't read the post directly above yours first?

Tanmay11

Regent
Wonder why you didn't read the post directly above yours first?
not blaming anyone, but some ppl just like to whinge for no reason.:p:rolleyes:

its common sense to spend stars before the timer stops, besides there were 2 warnings in the Announcement section.

DeletedUser

Is it me. or is the Legendary Confectionery silent, unlike every other Production Building in the game?

podkap1970

Emperor
since you did not test the end of the winterevent on beta server, now you get your bill on live server
with a buggy end quest (exchange old confectionary to a new one)

have fun with tons of new tickets :)

DeletedUser6545

since you did not test the end of the winterevent on beta server, now you get your bill on live server
with a buggy end quest (exchange old confectionary to a new one)

have fun with tons of new tickets :)
yep... And I hope they'll fix it as here... legendary to everyone....

DeletedUser4256

The untested last quest here has led to a complete mess on live servers
Another Murphy Law experienced: If anything can go wrong, it will

Take note team :)

Happy new year!

Andi47

Overlord
This happens, when Inno doesn't allow us to test all aspects of the event, and cuts it prematurely:
* many players haven't got their improved Confectionary, because the last quest was very bugged
* as many players are upset
* Inno is flooded with tickets during their holidays - I am sure that the developers, support people, etc. rather wanted to spend their last few days off with their family

Suggestion for the next events:
* change the coding of the event duration - it cannot be that it is next to impossible to extend the duration if something unforseen happens
* change the coding of the behaviour of the quest timer - inno should be able to switch it off (at least here on beta) with a few mouseclicks if something unforseen happens
--> how about placing such data (end date, quest timer yes/no) in a database which Inno can access with a simple "event overview" window at the back end with a few mouseclicks, and where the developerss can change the end date and the timer behaviour with a few mouseclicks. With this feature, it would have been possible for Inno to extend the event for 5 days here on beta within a minute for allowing us to test the last few quests.