• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8807

Quest #39 : complete 5 Guild expeditions encounters without losing of defeat 80 units. I did 11-16 on level III GE it has only counted for 1 Is this a bug? I've written the support team with no answer or fix as of yet Has anyone else had this problem ? Have I mssed somethng somewhere?

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Have these been released yet?

Sleigh Builder
Charming Cottage
Watchfire Upgrade Kit
Victory Tower Upgrade Kit

The announcement says they can be found in presents but I haven't seen a single one and I've opened a ton of presents so far (already have a level 8 spire). Or, will they be daily specials?
Most likely a daily special
The Sleigh Builder showed up as a Grand Prize:
upload_2018-11-10_18-13-42.png
It's pretty small. I guess I can run it daily for the goods.

DeletedUser9600

I didn’t read through all feedback so apologies if this is repetitive

The winter quest is very interesting though maybe suited for players who are already few weeks old into the game. Since I just started in beta I can see I am lacking certain resources to complete few quests and may end up taking longer time to complete the quests than compared to others who have some resources amassed already.

My main feedback is on the match sticks.. I feel the random way they light up the tree results in the complete tree being lighted slowly and hence the chance to get the daily special reduces greatly. Hence we may not get as many upgrades as possible for the winter spire.

It would be good if the number of candles are reduced on the tree so that the daily specials are more achievable as we complete the quests for stars and hence get the match sticks

DeletedUser9522

The winter quest is very interesting though maybe suited for players who are already few weeks old into the game. Since I just started in beta I can see I am lacking certain resources to complete few quests and may end up taking longer time to complete the quests than compared to others who have some resources amassed already.
It is challenging, but I also started only 5 days ago and I think it is possible to complete. I have not used diamonds for the event yet.

My main feedback is on the match sticks.. I feel the random way they light up the tree results in the complete tree being lighted slowly and hence the chance to get the daily special reduces greatly. Hence we may not get as many upgrades as possible for the winter spire.
The daily specials are in the presents. For lighting candles you get the grand prize, which does not change until you get it after lighting all the candles on the tree.

Emberguard

Emperor
That will be the case for every event. It's impossible to balance it for players that have only just started playing and still keep a challenge for everyone else.

It's possible for newer players to get /something/ from the event if they spend the stars before the event ends. However the event just started so no rush just yet to spend them and plenty of time to build up the city to get further in the event

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Most events are perfectly doable for new accounts (especially one as long as winter event that tends to last for over a month). You just need to keep moving forward :) Blacksmiths will be a big help, and you'll probably need to make it to iron age over the course of it (which takes like a week).

DeletedUser

but not in 3 days like if you are already at the end of the game :p

DeletedUser5955

well there is 1 thing i hate
when im going back from settlement camera zooms in to closest zoom possible.
I HATE THAT
camera should go back to the same setting I have set b4 entering the settlement

DeletedUser7164

If not the "shuffle" buttom is visible or all the presents are revealed, it i'snt possible to push the "Start" buttom. Why is that?

Attachments

• Shuffle.png
    Shuffle.png
    725.6 KB · Views: 39

DeletedUser

If not the "shuffle" buttom is visible or all the presents are revealed, it i'snt possible to push the "Start" buttom. Why is that?
because like in all the previous years (since 2012 or was the first 2013?) you must win the shuffle (or wait for the next day)

funny that those questions comes from people who play since 2016 (forum join date, or longer)

DeletedUser8024

In the recent quests there have frequently been alternatives to pushing forward on the map. I think that is better because some players like to stay in certain eras for long periods of time. Having to acquire a sector so early in the game means I will not be fully participating in this event.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

do you really compare the questlines of the past with a major event ?

in the that last major event (Fall Event)
quest 4: acquire a sector without alternative option

DeletedUser8024

do you really compare the questlines of the past with a major event ?

in the that last major event (Fall Event)
quest 4: acquire a sector without alternative option
Yes, I really compare questlines from past events. And I like this game enough that I spend my time playing the beta and giving feedback despite the fact that in the forum are jerks who harass other players when they post something they disagree with rather than simply adding their own point of view.

Emberguard

Emperor
Thankyou for caring enough to share :)

I'm not going to expect every event to have a alternative to fighting, sector taking, research, negotiation, etc. If it did there'd be very little variety. But of course each player prefers certain elements more then others

DeletedUser8024

Thankyou for caring enough to share :)

I'm not going to expect every event to have a alternative to fighting, sector taking, research, negotiation, etc. If it did there'd be very little variety. But of course each player prefers certain elements more then others

Thank you for your response. Can you help me understand better why adding alternatives reduces variety? Alternatives give players a variety of ways to advance past a step in the quest.