• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inno obviously wants to increase sales. I find it not efficient not enabeling buying tickets in batches with discounts just by adding a simple plus. Maybe my language skills are not good enough to neeling down my intenstions

nice2haveu

Baronet
Inno obviously wants to increase sales. I find it not efficient not enabeling buying tickets in batches with discounts just by adding a simple plus. Maybe my language skills are not good enough to neeling down my intenstions
I think, you got confused with "ticket 1 with start button label". Before clicking start, check top left nearest to panda coins, you have the tickets bar with buy plus icon.

Dessire

Regent
Serious question. It would be really bad if Inno put an option to buy one of the portraits in the pass for atleast 1.5$ USD?
What if a player only wants one of the portaits but not buy the pass? Inno is wasting a way to earn more $. Some players do not want to buy the pass or spend more than 2$ per event but want one of the pass portraits. Why not allow us buy each portrait for 1.5$? (If the pass has 4 portraits, all for 6$ USD).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Serious question. It would be really bad if Inno put an option to buy one of the portraits in the pass for atleast 1.5$ USD?
What if a player only wants one of the portaits but not buy the pass? Inno is wasting a way to earn more $. Some players do not want to buy the pass or spend more than 2$ per event but want one of the pass portraits. Why not allow us buy each portrait for 1.5$? (If the pass has 4 portraits, all for 6$ USD).
Because on balance, enough people in your position would spend the 15-20 dollars for the pass to get the piece they want from it that might not if they had the option to spend only a couple bucks for the one piece they want.

That's the math behind season passes in general in games - they generally have great value in total if you want everything, but there's a good chance you don't - but there's some exclusive items in them in addition to the great value for those with FOMO. Sometimes the exclusive items do become available later in another form. But you don't know when or how.

Dessire

Regent
Because on balance, enough people in your position would spend the 15-20 dollars for the pass to get the piece they want from it that might not if they had the option to spend only a couple bucks for the one piece they want.

That's the math behind season passes in general in games - they generally have great value in total if you want everything, but there's a good chance you don't - but there's some exclusive items in them in addition to the great value for those with FOMO. Sometimes the exclusive items do become available later in another form. But you don't know when or how.
The price of the pass is determinated by all the possible rewards, not just for 1 single portrait or a few ones. If a pass is good enough to make, for example, 1000 players to buy it, that does mean those players want everything the pass can give them, but what happens with players who only can spend a max of 2$ or only want 1 portrait? Those players are potential extra earnings for Innogames and I myself am an example of a player who would 99% of the time can't spend per month more than 2$ and who would gladly spend them to get 1 single portrait of my choise.

I am not saying allow players to get X object, like a golden kit, for 1.5 or 2$ USD, I am only talking about portraits. Some pass portraits are amazing but normal people, who only wants X portrait, know it does not worth spend a lot of money to get the pass and get that portrait so at the end they just spend those 2$ in another thing.

Why just only be happy with 1000 players buying the pass when you could have, probably, have another 1000 or even a lot more, spending 2$ to get a portrait?

1000 extra players spending 2$ is the equivalente of 133 passes. Why only sell 1000 passes when you can get "1133"?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The price of the pass is determinated by all the possible rewards, not just for 1 single portrait or a few ones. If a pass is good enough to make, for example, 1000 players to buy it, that does mean those players want everything the pass can give them, but what happens with players who only can spend a max of 2$ or only want 1 portrait? Those players are potential extra earnings for Innogames and I myself am an example of a player who would 99% of the time can't spend per month more than 2$ and who would gladly spend them to get 1 single portrait of my choise.

I am not saying allow players to get X object, like a golden kit, for 1.5 or 2$ USD, I am only talking about portraits. Some pass portraits are amazing but normal people, who only wants X portrait, know it does not worth spend a lot of money to get the pass and get that portrait so at the end they just spend those 2$ in another thing.

Why just only be happy with 1000 players buying the pass when you could have, probably, have another 1000 or even a lot more, spending 2$ to get a portrait?

1000 extra players spending 2$ is the equivalente of 133 passes. Why only sell 1000 passes when you can get "1133"?
Because if of those 1000 who would choose to spend 2$ instead of the pass, over 133 buy the pass because of that portrait they want, then selling the portrait separate devalues the pass for them.

Most likely the number interested in the portrait for 2$ is actually much lower than the number interested in the pass for other reasons. So it's at best of little consequence, and at worst costs them some money to make it available separately.

Many games charge $10+ for a single cosmetic item (closest equivalent to a portrait).

Passes usually *are* the cheap option (with less selection) to appeal to the people who only want to spend a little. If even the pass is too expensive for you, they probably aren't looking to cater to you.

Emberguard

Emperor
Has InnoGames ever nerfed an event building?
Yes. I don't think they do it nearly as often as they boost event buildings, but they have nerfed event buildings before

It wasn't that long ago that 5 FP a day from a Terrace Farm was a big deal. Remember that? How about the Indian Palace set @ 5 FP +1/day from the tower, as well?
I remember back in end of 2017 / beginning of 2018 when 1 FP production buildings were a big deal and 3 FP buildings were what were being sold as the newest best buildings

@Dessire do you have any sense of game balance?

sure, some inflation in building stats is needed to keep player retention, but that does not mean you need a hyperinflation
Every suggestion I have ever seen from Dessire has always been to throw out the game balance with something incredibly inflated from what the game currently has.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Every gamer starts out this way. I used to be that way too when I was growing up. It's quite normal when you first start being a gamer to be fixated on short-term immediate goals. This also means you'll get excited at anything that gives immediate rapid growth. It takes experience in trying to beat a challenge to realise there's no longterm enjoyment in everything being unlimited / too easy.

Remember those old games that used to have cheat codes? Great for kicks and giggles, useless for longterm sustainability. You turn on cheat codes and it's fun for 5 min. Woohoo, unlimited resources adrenaline rush. But the moment you try to play the game seriously you'll never want to play the game again until you disable the cheat codes. It's just impossible to play a game properly and have cheat codes enabled.

The problem is you can't disable anything that's added to FoE, and if you're at a point of "disabling" event buildings to make the game fun then you're not going to want to do events anyway.

I highly doubt Inno would be able to introduce something like pre-nerf Anniversary + Wildlife to Live Servers under current game balancing without it either (a) killing the ability to sell anything afterwards or (b) needing a well thought out plan on where to go from there

If they're confident they can add that kind of powercreep and have a plan on how to keep the game moving forward then great. But if they don't or it's clearly too big of a leap too soon, then it's a good thing that they're willing to nerf it now while it's still in Beta. Once it reaches Live it's too late to go "oops" and try to scale it back in some way

SirAlucard

Steward
@Juber Encounterd a bug: Quest 12 has "Exchange 2 items in the Antiques Dealer building" or "Solve any other Quest" + "Pay XX Goods". The goods were no problem at all, but instead of selling 2 items, I solved the daily quest, but the event quest didn't regocnize it. And no, I didn't make a mistake, only after I saw the objectives of Quest 12 I decided to do the daily quest.

EDIT: After reloading the game, the quest still was unsolved, but after solving a quest in my viking settlement, it got solved. I doubt this is intentional, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.