• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion What would it need to replace GvG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Achilles heel in this, however on the defending side is, the attacking party can pull out before the trigger has been reached. Gambling on the defenders not go grant freedom and recouping the sector, before them.
Well it will be the new role in guild to count sieges ;) it would be kinda interesting

my point is simly.

You are not reworded for defending 50+ sieges. You can def, they can attack. If the attacker have few sectors - it can go for hours cuz it is very cheap.
You are not rewarded for kicking guild of the map.
You are rewarded only for "fast fingers" on last siege (if few guilds fight for the same sector)

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
For a GvG replacement that has a chance of being set up you need:
1) that it is very close to the current one to please the regulars,
2) accessible on all media.
3) be profitable for Inno.

GvG is no longer profitable: we are looking for new buildings, and we are tempted to pay for more, for other functions.
the GvG benefited from it but the needs are too weak because of the limit of the defensive bonuses.
Whatever the solution, we will look for the bonuses for GB and GE5, another function will be difficult to make profitable.

Another point is that players have been accustomed to turning novelties into Ali Baba's cave.
It's going to be difficult to sell a less lucrative GB reform, if GvG is replaced, players will want to be able to take advantage of it.
It will be difficult to find the right compromise to please players without amplifying the fatal slide too much.
(for me FoE is like a car driving on ice, to keep control the driver accelerates, in the end it therefore risks a crash ....)

Furun Katte

Farmer
Caveat: I've never played GvG (mobile only) so discount as you please. If GBG included a once a day mission like a rogue cell infiltrating of say far away sector would that bridge the gap between the GvG and GBG? The players could gather and assign tasks (IED planting, misinformation leafleting, undermining morale, assassination; sounds silly but you get the idea) and so get the coordination factor and social interaction. Successful mission would make conquering a sector easier for the home team or reduce the income for the sector occupier/antagonist.

Last edited:
Caveat: I've never played GvG (mobile only) so discount as you please. If GBG included a once a day mission like a rogue cell infiltrating of say far away sector would that bridge the gap between the GvG and GBG? The players could gather and assign tasks (IED planting, misinformation leafleting, undermining morale, assassination; sounds silly but you get the idea) and so get the coordination factor and social interaction. Successful mission would make conquering a sector easier for the home team or reduce the income for the sector occupier/antagonist.
There is a map like gbg and you have to go from your sector to the surrounding sectors. There are a few differences. You put your units (based on age) as defense for the sector (you buy army slots with medals). You can change your home sector if all of your sectors are taken. When you take a sector, it is protected until "recalc" at the same time every day - which means 99% of the fighting happens in the 10 minutes surrounding recalc to give maximum protection on sectors.

bornempire

Steward
So by removing that from GvG, it can be disabled afterwards?
I am asking for stuff that keeps you in GvG. Why are you still playing it? What would you want, so GvG can be deactivated?
There is no need to replace GvG. From the start it was a good idea. If you remove GvG is like announcing Coca Cola should not be sold anymore. Don't throw away what was good from the start.

It only needs modifications. To repeat one thing I mentioned before: it shouldn't be possible on AA map that one guild holds 75% of the map by only releasing and retaking 4 sectors a day. While without they would be only rank 6-8 and have hardly to do any fight on other maps. So, yes, I support this fog removing. And since the last update was FE and then AA, it needs more maps. FE is like 7 years ago.

Just fix the wrongdoing in the design.

A 2nd fix should be: give some rewards to the people who join.
And for beta there should be two recalculation times daily so that other time zones also can join when they have time.

If you fix those the dynamiques will return and be more exciting. Since the concept of GvG in itself is absolutely great, all 'replacements will lead to dissapointment.

GvG is a daily social gathering for many guilds.

It only needs modifications. To repeat one thing I mentioned before: it shouldn't be possible on AA map that one guild holds 75% of the map by only releasing and retaking 4 sectors a day. While without they would be only rank 6-8 and have hardly to do any fight on other maps. So, yes, I support this fog removing. And since the last update was FE and then AA, it needs more maps. FE is like 7 years ago.
So maybe attack those 4 sectors and go further if they are so weak?
I mean they are blocking entrance by freeing and attacking sector after 8 Pm,
So gather in guild and attack it when they make it free? And next day step further? And again?

I was (still am) in guild fighting long time (few tears) to break allience on AA map, and "open" closed map. We did it few times (many times we were kicking back and map was closed again). Many times we landed, and still be blocked, but we tried.
GvG is about it - trying, fighting. Closing map and Defending it - and attacking from other side - the MAIN PURPOSE of gvg.

Its again - "we are to weak, they are too strong, help us".
If they are blocking - attack the beaches when they make them free. Not that hard. Gather in guild more than 1 person - those guild holding maps need a lot of players online - 20-30 on my server minimum. So create alliance to break the status quo and you will enjoy gvg a lot...

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Go for the elegant solution.... Just delete GVG...
Personally, I don't want GvG to be removed, if only for those who enjoy it.

I just wish either the possibility for mobile players to earn as many points with a novelty not accessible to the browser version, or the removal of fights from GvG in the various calculations of all rankings.

I had noticed the grumbling of some when Inno wanted to remove the rankings of towers by age although no one had pointed out that they were precisely distorted by the GvG! At some point, you have to stop being hypocritical and know how to solve the problems at the base.

I had noticed the grumbling of some when Inno wanted to remove the rankings of towers by age although no one had pointed out that they were precisely distorted by the GvG! At some point, you have to stop being hypocritical and know how to solve the problems at the base.
GvG is not giving so much points.
I mean you can abuse it with other guild - puting sieges attacking w/o taking secotrs - okey.
But normal gvg fights does not give so much.
On AA, when you have 20 members, 10-20 sectors, you will not earn much points, especialy when only rouges are in defence.
On lower ages, you earn very few points so.
But if it is problem, they can just block getting points on gvg.
GB is still the best place for earning points

Why not extend GVG ? To the upper ZAs ?
And finally make it playable for app players.

I do not like GB. Every few hours you have to be online with 20+ people to get a sector. The attendance requirement is way too often and too high. And why? For the personal benefit of the players at the expense of the guild treasury.
In GVG you can play more tactically.

Replacement ? I would like to have an evening quest. Either the guild has to raid an AI opponent together or several guilds of one world have to defeat an AI opponent together. The battle points of the individual players are converted into guild points, guild goods, etc.

Emberguard

Emperor
Perhaps, but it's not even noticeable in the Neighbourhood tournaments. I can still outrank the neighbours in the personal performance by using Guild Battlegrounds.

Owl II

Emperor
Didn't want to get involved in this, but I couldn't resist:(:D

The question in the first post was - what could we replace GVG so it can be removed? It's funny that most of the discussion boils down to what changes should be made to GVG, according to the participants. Author of the thread himself gave an answer to his question in the second post of this thread, however. We need some kind of team gameplay that requires clear coordination, preferably by voice. Gameplay that takes a little time during the day and maybe not even every day, so everyone can afford it. And it should be available both on the mobile platform and in the browser.

I would add here: This feature should have an impact on the ranking of guilds and on interaction with other guilds in general. And here we have a key point: if CM had been more frank and less diplomatic, he could have asked: what should be done to kill the GVG completely, and pull this thorn out of the sore spot of the developers?

Then we could answer briefly and simply: untie the guild ranking from GVG, and GVG will die soon enough. And if it doesn't die at all, it will cease to be a thorn in the fifth point

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
As for the development of a new feature to replace the GVG: I am very afraid of everything that developers undertake. The level of creativity that they have demonstrated in the last 3-4 years allows us to expect GE-5 at best, and nerf siege camps at worst. So thanks, no need

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I would add here: This feature should have an impact on the ranking of guilds and on interaction with other guilds in general. And here we have a key point: if CM had been more frank and less diplomatic, he could have asked: what should be done to kill the GVG completely, and pull this thorn out of the sore spot of the developers?

Then we could answer briefly and simply: untie the guild ranking from GVG, and GVG will die soon enough. And if it doesn't die at all, it will cease to be a thorn in the fifth point
While yes, the point is probably more how to get rid of it than how to change it, the context was "without pissing off the remaining devotees to GvG" - which *does* essentially come down to "there needs to be something almost exactly like GvG, or they're going to be pissed".

Most remaining devotees to GvG I talk to *hate* GBG. So while Inno's view is probably "what would it take for GBG to fully supplant GvG in the hearts of the devoted GvG players", that's frankly impossible. GBG was probably their try at replacing GvG and in their heart of hearts, perhaps by now they were hoping noone would care about GvG anymore and they could just turn it off - but there's many big players who still turn up for GvG who don't for GBG.

GBG did attempt to modernize many of the aspects of GvG people would point to as hopelessly out of date
- attrition as a system to allow both the little player and big player to contribute while putting a range where both are challenged
- moving away from only 1 time of day that not everyone can meet
- including mobile players
- including those who would rather negotiate more directly than mere treasury support
- encouraging wider participation through having an individual reward system

But it failed on many counts as well in the hearts of many GvG guilds, some of which the objections are diametrically opposed to what it was trying to do:
- moving away from 1 important time a day instead forced people to be on at many different times of day killing the "one big social gathering when the whole guild gets on" aspect. Being on around the clock is not sustainable for most players (and for some players even if they could, they won't).
- not directly interacting with any guild you want to but only the guilds in your grouping essentially removes the best-vs-best conflict for the top guilds
- no real difference between 1st and 4th in top groups discourages competition
- little means to distinguish between top guilds makes it poor for ranking purposes
- individual reward system in contrast to impact on guild rewards or ranking was overdone to the extent that it became the main point, rather than competition.
- a close-to-complete-work-around for attrition for the guilds in control destroyed the "modernization" aspect of making sure everyone's "challenged" sufficiently and the whole guild is desired to participate.

While they *could* just delete GvG or disable its impact on ranking, it is their game after all and they can do whatever they want, the people who love it would probably just quit in response. And I think the point of the discussion is "if you're one of those people for whom GvG is still why you play the game, what would it take for you to *not* quit if they turned GvG off?". Seeing as they *are* overhauling GBG in some way now (evident from the spoilers), I would guess he's trying to form a position for meetings on that topic before the changes hit beta and it's too late to really change much. Without saying as much, because he doesn't want to provide false hope of *anything* suggested here actually making it into the changes ;)

Estipar

Merchant
So maybe attack those 4 sectors and go further if they are so weak?
I mean they are blocking entrance by freeing and attacking sector after 8 Pm,
So gather in guild and attack it when they make it free? And next day step further? And again?

I was (still am) in guild fighting long time (few tears) to break allience on AA map, and "open" closed map. We did it few times (many times we were kicking back and map was closed again). Many times we landed, and still be blocked, but we tried.
GvG is about it - trying, fighting. Closing map and Defending it - and attacking from other side - the MAIN PURPOSE of gvg.

Its again - "we are to weak, they are too strong, help us".
If they are blocking - attack the beaches when they make them free. Not that hard. Gather in guild more than 1 person - those guild holding maps need a lot of players online - 20-30 on my server minimum. So create alliance to break the status quo and you will enjoy gvg a lot...
Tough when there are Bots Defending :(

angelgail

Baronet
easy fix if they can put gbg on phone they can put gvg on phone .
why take away what been around for years .
dont need replacing

Emberguard

Emperor
there is no "hidden agenda" here, it's just a personal interest. why does everybody have to add layers to what is being said, ugh.

Doesn't matter if there's no hidden agenda. Ever heard the saying "the way to hell is paved with good intentions"?

You can't argue in favor of something without changing your opinion in the process. It's human nature. Treating this question from a hypothetical standpoint is almost guaranteed to skew everyones' perspectives on the subject to be in favor of such a change, which would then misalign our views with the rest of the playerbase.

That will then change the feedback given later on if InnoGames ever asks the forums for official feedback, which won't be the feedback they need if we've already gotten used to arguing in favor of it. Then Inno will be wondering what happened and why there's a inconsistency between what's said and reality of what people actually want.

Even if the above was not the case, can Juber guarantee nothing in this thread will ever be used as feedback no matter where the conversation goes or how much people agree with each other? What happens if the Developers want feedback from forum threads created on the topic? Is this thread going to be excluded?

Anyone taking a quick glance over the thread would get the wrong idea on what we actually want if we're answering the OP's question at face value, instead of answering it with what we genuinely want. The Developers do get player feedback from these forums, and there's nothing stopping them from passing by and reading the thread even if Juber never forwards it. So there's no point in giving support to a hypothetical replacement unless we're actually on board with such a replacement.

easy fix if they can put gbg on phone they can put gvg on phone .
why take away what been around for years .
dont need replacing

My assumption is they most likely opted to make Guild Battlegrounds due to the amount of work necessary to port over GvG. If you basically have to build it up from scratch anyway, you might as well create a new product if you wish to make major changes in the process of porting it over

Status
Not open for further replies.