• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion What would it need to replace GvG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
i just want to point out that i don't think your question is helpful.
It is not useful because my opinion is different from yours or because I put my finger where it hurts?

If the ranking doesn't matter, you might as well remove the impact of GvGs.
If the ranking is important, it is therefore abnormal that the guilds on applications are prejudiced, or you are running out of arguments to affirm the contrary.

What would have been the complaint if the GbGs were only accessible on the application and not on the PC, to compensate for the GvGs!!!

It is not useful because my opinion is different from yours or because I put my finger where it hurts?
no, it does not hurt, and i can tolerate different opinions. but feel free to attack some more.

you're making GvG a problem where it's not: GBG has a ton of impact on the ranking, but the balancing is absolute hot garbage which is why it does not matter where it should absolutely matter. also imho GE should contribute to guild ranking aswell.
still, in my opinion guild ranking should include all parts of guild activity, so GvG should not have that much of an impact, but some.

also, no GvG on mobile is not GvGs fault at all, it's a decision from inno. so, what's your point?

by the way, this thread is about something else, but well..

angelgail

Baronet
Step 3: create an isometric map divided in each age released in FoE with a grid.

Each design of each division must be connected like the whole background in the tech tree (a little example below and please, the space ages maps should show in the background the space, stars, super novas, galaxies, black holes, binary starts, etc. and obviously the main planet/asteroid/moon etc.
A pretty big map! and if in a future there is an age that is related to gather energy from a star or the sun by using a dyson sphere, put the sun in the middle or something like that with the dyson sphere around it! )

Step 4: allow players fight in the age where they are. ..... Exception and optional: If a player in venus age wants to fight in the colonial age section, his/her max attack and defense is reduced to the highes attack and defense of the player in colony age participating in that moment in the map. Military units have their stats reduced too.

Step 5: each sector or territory in each divison of the whole map has life points. 1 fight = 1 point || 1 negotiation = 2 points. each section should have 1000 or even more according to the location. the player who earnt the highest amount of points earn the territory for his/her wild ( Player A,B,C,D. . . . Z. Player A did 501 points, he wins the territory for his wild.) If more than 1 player of the same guild are fighting in the same sector, the total points of each member are combined. the guild which got the highest quantity of points earn the territory. The territory is locked for 1 to 3 hours. A reward is granted to the guild and all guild members (or only the ones who participated during the attack) at the end of the hour or the 3 hours. ( Example: in the lowest age, the first tier of territories could give a pack of 2 FPs, the 2nd of 5 FPs, and the 3rd of 10 FPs while in Venus age, 50 packs of 2 FPS tier 1, Tier 2: 50packs of 5 FPS, Tier 3: 50 packs of 10

Step 6: player (or players) who got a territory can't fight or negotiate again in the same age map. He or she must wait 1 hour to attack or negotiate in another territory of that age map. (with this, cheaters can't abuse of their advantage). Those players can attack in other ages maps in the meanwhile.

Step 7: put a wonder or main sector in the middle of each map. the guild which earn that territory loses all the other territories it owns. That territory is locked for 5 hours or even 10. at the end of the time, any other guild can capture the main territory in a certain age map and the guild which owns the main territory must conquer atleast 1 adjacent territory or that guild will be expeled from the whole map and must start again. If the guild can earn an adjacent territorty, it can keep conquering other new adjacent territories and try to conquer the main territory again after 5 hours (or 10) if an enemy guild steal it.

Obviously the best rewards are earnt in these territories and the total amount of life points of this territory (and only for this territory, the other territories have their life points set by default) should be the % of defensive defense of all guild members of the guild which owns that territory divided by 10 + the % of defensive attack of all guild members divided by 10 or 20.
If the guild has 80 members and all of them have 1000% of defensive defense, that would be 80 000. divided by 10 = 8000. if all of them have 500 of defensive attack, that would be 40 000. divided by 10 = 4000 and by 20 = 2000. 8000 + 4000 = 12 000 or 10 000 in the second case.

Step 8: put an special territory: the comercial territory. Members of the guild which owns that territory can negotiate goods for free with any member of any guild adjacent to them. If the special territory has 4 adyacent territories and 4 different guilds own those territories, the 5 guilds can negotiate goods for free between them.

Step 9: put a second special territory: If this territory is conquered, the guild which owns this territory automatically deals a lot of damage to the main territory but only if the guild owns a territory adjacent to the main territory. If the main territory is locked, this second territory is locked too and the owner of it becomes neutral. the design of that territory in the contemporary era could be a military base with a nuclear bomb launcher for example. this second special territory must be located very far from the main territory.

Step 10: If a guild owns a territory, the guild is unavailable to defend it unless it conquers all the adyacent territories.

Step 11: no attrition! and guild goods could be used to activate special features instead of buildings like in GbG and goods are spent according to the age of the map where they are activated.
Example: 10% of chance to earn 1 extra point of damage to a territory after a succesful attack or a negotiation - - - - 30% chance to have your time reduced by X minutes if the territory is conquered by you and you + guild mates who participated there. (remember, after conquering a territory, the winner or the participants of the same guild can't fight again in that map during 1 hour (or more) ).
Step 12: add a special store related to this new feature. special coins can be used to buy items, buildings or fragments of new buildings related to this new feature in that store. Coins are granted each time a sector is conquered and all the guild members earn those special coins but in a low quantity. high quantities are earn by the participants. If a player does not participate, earns only a few coins.

Step 13: guild members ranking: each member of a guild has a rank except guild founder which always has a special rank . you can be promoted only if the guild founder or if at least 50% of the guild leaders/generals accept your promotion.

In order to be promoted: you must participate X amount of times in this new feature and those times only count if the territory where you participated is conquered by you and or guild mates. being promoted gives you more passive coins for each conquer of your guild in any age map.
The success of a guild will be shown in the ranking table and no by a league like in GbG. in this feature there are no leagues!

Step 1 and 2 was delete GvG and GbG. it could save a lot of server and data usage.

Thank you for your time and patience and have a good week! :D

So by removing that from GvG, it can be disabled afterwards?
I am asking for stuff that keeps you in GvG. Why are you still playing it? What would you want, so GvG can be deactivated?
i enjoy playing gvg it just me that plays it as my guild dont most are moble any way an cant .i for 1 do not want gvg deactivated.thank you

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
also, no GvG on mobile is not GvGs fault at all, it's a decision from inno. so, what's your point?
I think that Inno is unable to transcribe GvG on application and therefore penalizes players who are not on PC.
So either GvG must be removed, which would balance things out while penalizing old players who like this facet, or GvG must be maintained but fights must no longer take place in the different rankings, individual or guild.
This second choice does not penalize anyone and would be more honest than Inno's deafening silence about the fact that a phone player cannot enjoy the game like another PC player.

Especially that by dint of repeating it without thinking a little, we will provoke the simplest solution for Inno, the removal of GvG.
And the more players refuse to understand that this element of the game is not fair, the more there will be who, like me, will constantly demand fairness which will sooner or later lead to the removal of GvG.

I think that Inno is unable to transcribe GvG on application and therefore penalizes players who are not on PC.
So either GvG must be removed, which would balance things out while penalizing old players who like this facet, or GvG must be maintained but fights must no longer take place in the different rankings, individual or guild.
This second choice does not penalize anyone and would be more honest than Inno's deafening silence about the fact that a phone player cannot enjoy the game like another PC player.

Especially that by dint of repeating it without thinking a little, we will provoke the simplest solution for Inno, the removal of GvG.
And the more players refuse to understand that this element of the game is not fair, the more there will be who, like me, will constantly demand fairness which will sooner or later lead to the removal of GvG.
Probably the reason they never got rid of it for reals after introducing GBG is the ranking system. It is important to a lot of players to have that "first page" title or #1 ranking. The easiest way to do this would be just to rank guilds by level and get rid of GVG.

Arch1e

Marquis
A soft cap per player to deploy sieges should fix the Issue, if the player with the script is on-line, he can't spam his scripts too much.
One siege each 3 minutes or 5/per player should be fair, same goes for defending armies.
Best suggestion I have seen to dealing with the scripters, it also would reward the guilds with more fighters with larger opportunities. Good balance.
still, in my opinion guild ranking should include all parts of guild activity, so GvG should not have that much of an impact, but some.
This is also very much needed. Everything should count. Changes to points for individual members, number of fights, levelled buildings, GE activity, everything. Calc daily. Rewards and encourages activity.
rank guilds by level and get rid of GVG
This by contrast does not work. There are lots of guilds with whatever level that are virtually non active, or only still even figure because they can muster a few people to take some sectors in Gvg. It would be much better to count Gbg also as number of fights taken or sectors turned over (adjusted weight against league so platinum fights count for less than diamond ones maybe) or however it might be calculated, rather than based solely on league points.

But back to any potential Gvg replacement. Whatever reason people have to play it, it is in its current form part of the game, with an unbalanced weight on guild rank, with most importance to fighting set for a short period of time at antisocial hours, and inaccessible to the majority of players. If anything alternative can be envisaged, those issues need to be addresses. If they can’t, at least the current weighting against rank needs to change. Maybe also the impact on player points, but it would seem unfair that that troop spend wouldn’t give you anything in return.

Arch1e

Marquis
20:00 is after dinner/supeer
No it isn’t, it’s the middle of dinner or evening activities, bath or bed time for a lot of people with kids. For me personally, later evening would be ideal, alternatively early morning, but the best time ever for me was the noon calc as I could easily do that, as could players in Asia and Australia. Likewise, middle of the night might also be more helpful to some. But again, no time is going to be perfect for everyone. That’s part of the player exclusion that riddles the current format. A 30-minute activity burst once a week or at variable times each day would be a much, much better option for me.

No it isn’t, it’s the middle of dinner or evening activities, bath or bed time for a lot of people with kids. For me personally, later evening would be ideal, alternatively early morning, but the best time ever for me was the noon calc as I could easily do that, as could players in Asia and Australia. Likewise, middle of the night might also be more helpful to some. But again, no time is going to be perfect for everyone. That’s part of the player exclusion that riddles the current format. A 30-minute activity burst once a week or at variable times each day would be a much, much better option for me.
maybe it is country dependent. in my country you usually go back from work at 4-6 PM so you after dinner 7 PM you are mostly free. Bedding can do second parent ;D i mean come on its only 10-15 minutes so you can easly organise evening routine around it :D

Arch1e

Marquis
May work for some, or not. Make it playable on mobile and it could perhaps even be done for those 10 minutes while serving up supper. There are always timing issues. But that particular one is not great. And one single one is also not great. And all those other issues that we’re discussing above. It’s about what could change and be an acceptable alternative after all.

Boo...

Baronet
In the game there is a confrontation between guilds. What can replace it...
War can be replaced by peace! Build a fun farm and compete in the speed of collecting eggs! Keep the changes secret!
Imagine, in the evening the guild gathers in the discord, the tactician presses the button to enter the GVG, and then a SURPRISE: the fox steals eggs from the chicken coop. Everyone will be very happy. Old players will return, new ones will queue up for registration.

Goldra

Marquis
Lets explain it from another point of view.
What did you give to us:
- New event mechanic (anniversary/soccer). Randomness problems as always.
- Mega buffed event buildings to counter GE5.
- GE5 to rescue a useless resource like defense for the city.
- Two lines of premium prizes for 25€...
- Little event building that gives fragments for the megabuffed event building, only in gold league. The way to get keymasters workshop was a mistake and this is the way to get this kind of buildings.
- The worst event mechanic copied in the summer event
- New eras being a copy/paste of the last era.
- Much more expansions for diamonds. Here comes the money!!!
- Castle system turned into a imposible achievement (too much time), only heavy cashers can complete it.
- Event hall deleted 6 months after its creation. Useless...
- Guild perks changed after the first round, deleted after the second round.
- Battleground, a battle farm for big guilds, and a nightmare for little guilds.

Watching your last productions, (maybe i forget comething), we dont want something new. Thanks!

- New event mechanic (anniversary/soccer). Randomness problems as always. -
They were always as it.
- Mega buffed event buildings to counter GE5. -
Infaltion of attack but okey, we have just more, no big deal.
- GE5 to rescue a useless resource like defense for the city -
well, ge5 is super, and bulding is great.
- Two lines of premium prizes for 25€... - y
ea thsi is scam, totally agree.
- Little event building that gives fragments for the megabuffed event building, only in gold league. The way to get keymasters workshop was a mistake and this is the way to get this kind of buildings.
a bit of scam, trully
- The worst event mechanic copied in the summer event
its very good mechanic, dont know why you hate it
- New eras being a copy/paste of the last era.
since iron age the eras are all the same. dont know what you expect.
- Much more expansions for diamonds. Here comes the money!!!
every new age has similar amount of extensions - in fact it has to make ppl leafe small eras to go to space
- Castle system turned into a imposible achievement (too much time), only heavy cashers can complete it.
true
- Event hall deleted 6 months after its creation. Useless...
- Guild perks changed after the first round, deleted after the second round.
dont know anything
- Battleground, a battle farm for big guilds, and a nightmare for little guilds.
no, this game is meant to be played in full guilds. Not in guilds with 10-20 members.

All above are jsut opinions. GvG would be good if we got new maps - for all eras, and mobile players could compete.
Maybe random timers i mean every map has their own which i shown after the previous?
I mean on monday we have reset timer for tuesday and wednesday, on tue we would have for wed and thrs, etc. so it would not happen awyas on 8 PM but kinda random.

the one thing that needs to be fixed in gvg is the fact that it's possible to automate most/all of it.... some guilds use bots to do all the fighting (army replacing included) which suffocates the maps and prevents benevolent guilds (that do not cheat) to do anything (unless you lick the feet of that cheating guild's leader ofc). some even use bots to watch the maps so they can respond immediately when under attack. get rid of these bots please, and gvg would become much better.

also, finding some means to add it to mobile in some way (it has to be possible imho) would be very good, but then beware of server overloads because gvg apparently is very demanding of the game servers, which is prob why it was never brought to mobile in the first place :)

lastly, removing "All Ages" map and replacing it with maps for each age (including space-themed maps for the space ages) would be nice. currently i am sitting on thousands of unused units of ages between Arctic and Venus, and it would be nice to have some meaningful use for these again.

and overall: nothing else needs to be changed for gvg... keeping it simple fighting (without the big rewards you get with battlegrounds) would be best to keep all parties happy :)

the one thing that needs to be fixed in gvg is the fact that it's possible to automate most/all of it.... some guilds use bots to do all the fighting (army replacing included) which suffocates the maps and prevents benevolent guilds (that do not cheat) to do anything (unless you lick the feet of that cheating guild's leader ofc). some even use bots to watch the maps so they can respond immediately when under attack. get rid of these bots please, and gvg would become much better.
and how you think is that possible?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Juber :
Why on google play and on the apple store, it is not listed anywhere that playing from the application does not allow you to participate in all facets of the game?
Lying by omission is however a sanctioned practice...

Yekk

Regent
and how you think is that possible?
Stopping siege laying bots has an easy as Alin has stated well. Fighting bots even easier as server side can limit the speed a player fights. On alarm bots though I have no answer. Possibly give all leaders notice a siege has been set in an era leveling the field.

Back to the original topic. GVG does not need to be replaced just fixed by increasing the number of eras maps and removing the fog of war. (Caveat done to stay within the topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.