• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Virtual Future

DeletedUser7942

Virtual Future Cost Predictions, based partially on past progression but take with a grain of salt anyway.

Tiers: 8
Techs: 85
Promethium: 10,000
Orichalcum: 14,000
New Age Special Good: 18,000
FP's: 20,000 (235 average per tech)
AF Goods: 13,000
AF Goods for Arctic Harbor: 7500+Repairs+Level ups
OF Goods: 18,000
OF Goods for Oceanic Terminal: 12,000+Repairs+Level ups
New Age Goods: 20,000
New age goods for Special Good Ship: 24,000+Repairs+Level ups

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8150

Virtual Future Cost Predictions, based partially on past progression but take with a grain of salt anyway.

Tiers: 8
Techs: 85
Promethium: 10,000
Orichalcum: 14,000
New Age Special Good: 18,000
FP's: 20,000 (235 average per tech)
AF Goods: 13,000
AF Goods for Arctic Harbor: 7500+Repairs+Level ups
OF Goods: 13,000
OF Goods for Oceanic Terminal: 12,000+Repairs+Level ups
New Age Goods: 20,000
New age goods for Special Good Ship: 24,000+Repairs+Level ups

**** I hope not. I have about 300 prom left! And AF goods are like hens teeth as it is to make any more

DeletedUser5097

Looking to this map and knowing that this is just p1, I think we will be bussy for a
long time.:) Perhaps we have to taking down the entire world but than in VR, or
maybe discover some intressting creative new places. It's still realistic because
it's VR meaning that the dev. team created an world where the sky the limit is,
so they can switch between styles in continents in this VR, since the first seems
to be like from the movie Tron, but they can take a lot of inspiration from Ready
Player One. In VR is the sky the limit and grazy ideas can still work as
realistic.
Another possible way to go, is that the VF is just the opener of an door to grazy
themed futures taking place in this VR world. Would be also intressting. Well, I
didn't see this coming, but VF is a extremely well chooisen theme. Allowing to
going wherever they want without risking to abbandon realism. It's VR
afterall.

DeletedUser8958

huit levels of VR means huit MG i guess
i hope they put some extension or will need make sacrifice of other MG to put new onesss

DeletedUser7942

**** I hope not. I have about 300 prom left! And AF goods are like hens teeth as it is to make any more
I don't know what scenario is worse, not having it and needing it or having it and not needing it. I'm going with the latter being the worse with a nightmare scenario being blowing something like 20,000 AF goods building up Promethium only to find out there's no need for it, then what, now you got a ton of goods you can't do anything with. At least pre AF if you made too much of a good it still had trade value.

Special goods, if they follow the same pattern of three ages ahead, will always become completely useless the fourth age because you can't trade em. So not this new era but the next after this would be the last era Promethium would be needed. So essentially you want as little Promethium going into the one after that, the same for Orichalcum on the one after that and so on. Real pain to try to plan for me thinks.

DeletedUser7942

Unless, of course, Promethium subsequently becomes an unrefined good that is required to send your vessel out to mine the new Special Good in the Era after VF!!!!
Yeah I can see them doing something like that but of course it would seem based on past progression that wouldn't happen till when, ah, 7 ages from this one?:confused:

DeletedUser8150

I don't know what scenario is worse, not having it and needing it or having it and not needing it. I'm going with the latter being the worse with a nightmare scenario being blowing something like 20,000 AF goods building up Promethium only to find out there's no need for it, then what, now you got a ton of goods you can't do anything with. At least pre AF if you made too much of a good it still had trade value.

Special goods, if they follow the same pattern of three ages ahead, will always become completely useless the fourth age because you can't trade em. So not this new era but the next after this would be the last era Promethium would be needed. So essentially you want as little Promethium going into the one after that, the same for Orichalcum on the one after that and so on. Real pain to try to plan for me thinks.

I don't think prom will be the 4th good in tech/continent map. At least atm its been only 2 special goods (alternating usually) in the tech tree or both on cont map + other age goods. I hope it will now be the new good + ori for both. I could see prom in part 1 I suppose b4 we have the new building for a special good. If they make us make prom to produce a future special good I think beta will likely have a meltdown of unhappy people!!!!!!

DeletedUser7942

I don't think prom will be the 4th good in tech/continent map. At least atm its been only 2 special goods (alternating usually) in the tech tree or both on cont map + other age goods. I hope it will now be the new good + ori for both. I could see prom in part 1 I suppose b4 we have the new building for a special good. If they make us make prom to produce a future special good I think beta will likely have a meltdown of unhappy people!!!!!!
I'm not quite sure what you're saying. The structure of the game is a current age good is needed for tech three ages ahead and then it's done. So you need Bricks let's say for HMA>LMA>CA>IndA. So if Special Goods follow the same structure Promethium would go like this; AF>OF>VF>(New Age). Orichalcum would be OF>VF>(New Age)>(New Age).

The main concern here is what happens then? You can't trade Special Goods so after the need for them is done they become useless. Which brings up the concern of spending goods to get them, you don't want to spend too much for something that will ultimately be useless. And if Special Goods follow the structure of Unrefined Goods well the game went 9 ages from BA>ME for that to happen so if that follows then we would go from AF>OF>VF>XX>XX>XX>XX>XX>(9th) and on that 9th Age is when Promethium would become an unrefined good for that Era's Special Good but that's like 10 years away.

DeletedUser8150

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. The structure of the game is a current age good is needed for tech three ages ahead and then it's done. So you need Bricks let's say for HMA>LMA>CA>IndA. So if Special Goods follow the same structure Promethium would go like this; AF>OF>VF>(New Age). Orichalcum would be OF>VF>(New Age)>(New Age).

The main concern here is what happens then? You can't trade Special Goods so after the need for them is done they become useless. Which brings up the concern of spending goods to get them, you don't want to spend too much for something that will ultimately be useless. And if Special Goods follow the structure of Unrefined Goods well the game went 9 ages from BA>ME for that to happen so if that follows then we would go from AF>OF>VF>XX>XX>XX>XX>XX>(9th) and on that 9th Age is when Promethium would become an unrefined good for that Era's Special Good but that's like 10 years away.

What I'm saying is that special goods haven't replicated the 4 goods ages pattern so far. ie some techs just need one or the other not generally both. Same on ContiMap

The inability to trade is a big big issue. I have asked Zarok before if we can plea with devs for trading. Once we have beta of VF that may be another chance to raise this...the problem will only get worse otherwise

DeletedUser5882

I may have missed it but is there any mention about the unrefined goods needed for VF goods?
Will the conventional 3 lower era goods usage continue (which would be FE in this case) or should we expect a new goods production system?

DeletedUser8150

I may have missed it but is there any mention about the unrefined goods needed for VF goods?
Will the conventional 3 lower era goods usage continue (which would be FE in this case) or should we expect a new goods production system?

I'd b v suprised if FE goods weren't needed to produce VF. Can't see
a way around that without massive changes

DeletedUser7942

What I'm saying is that special goods haven't replicated the 4 goods ages pattern so far. ie some techs just need one or the other not generally both
We're only 1 Age into it. Promethium was needed for OF, like about 6500 worth. So yes as it stand it's following the same pattern, and I'm betting Promethium will be needed for VF and the Age after, it doesn't matter if it's not needed for a tech, not all goods are needed for all techs, it's the Age that matters here not individual techs.

Lionhead

Baronet
Any idea to when VF will be released here on Beta?
Did anyone notice that a new victory expansion was released today? 660K Medals.

I posted this in the OF spoiler thread in january
Oceanic Future

Based on the release of new expansions, I predicted that OF6 would come around the 6th or 7th of feb. It actually arrived on the 2nd.
So now with todays release of a new victory expansion (though no diamond expansion of yet), do you guys think we have just about 2 weeks to go before the release of VF1?

DeletedUser7942

Oceanic Future

Based on the release of new expansions, I predicted that OF6 would come around the 6th or 7th of feb. It actually arrived on the 2nd.
So now with todays release of a new victory expansion (though no diamond expansion of yet), do you guys think we have just about 2 weeks to go before the release of VF1?
Sounds good to me. Then say maybe a month in Beta before going live?

DeletedUser5097

Oceanic Future

Possible, I tought it will normaly take between 2-3 weeks between the first buildings been
discoverd and the new age Beta rellease. So I think your right, since you are ussing facts,
so I think you are right.:) Can't take much longer before Beta rellease.

Anyways I hope they rellease it fast. The faster the better, since I expact next week or at
least over 2 weeks the next historical event and after another 2 weeks another one. In
order to maintain the flow of countless events.;)

Edit

Just for the dev. team. A small picture that may helps you guys in
expainding the VF. A few basic parts of virtual stuff.
cfee0f25b9745a0490426ab29b5c179c.jpg