• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Virtual Future

DeletedUser8965

From the looks of whats available, it looks like there will be separate parts... IF there has to be a separation in content I really hope they don't thin it out over 6 parts.

Does ANYONE actually like partial release of eras? I think it's one of the most disheartening changes since Anwar died.

I remember a survey asking us if we liked it or not and my 70 or so member guild all answered no (or so they claim)

DeletedUser7942

Does ANYONE actually like partial release of eras? I think it's one of the most disheartening changes since Anwar died.

I remember a survey asking us if we liked it or not and my 70 or so member guild all answered no (or so they claim)
I actually do because for recurring quests it's nice as it means I get to the end game quicker which means more recurring quests. OF had 56 techs, the next will probably have 80, no way I can do that many quickly to get to the end which would mean less recurring quests.

And of course this structure only affects those at the end as every other player who comes into AF/OF will have the entire era open to them.

Did they ever say why they made this change anyway? I can't recall myself what if any reasoning they ever gave was. I always just kind of figured it was to slow players down so others could catch up or something, idk.

DeletedUser8965

I actually do because for recurring quests it's nice as it means I get to the end game quicker which means more recurring quests. OF had 56 techs, the next will probably have 80, no way I can do that many quickly to get to the end which would mean less recurring quests.

And of course this structure only affects those at the end as every other player who comes into AF/OF will have the entire era open to them.

Did they ever say why they made this change anyway? I can't recall myself what if any reasoning they ever gave was. I always just kind of figured it was to slow players down so others could catch up or something, idk.

I always thought the change was made because they were running out of new ideas for more eras. I started playing in 2013 and at the time, Industrial was the end of the game. I started my current world after a few weeks which was around the release of Progressive and by 2016 it was cut down to AF making it about 1 a year. I get your point about cycling quests, but look at the amount of techs per era now compared to the earlier ones.

I feel as though they got lazy after Anwar died and rather than release the same amount of techs per year over various eras they modified them to much fatter eras. Less troops to create, battlefields, goods... the same thing gets boring after a while. Just as they stopped adding additional GvG Maps, They're cutting funding on the newer eras to save money while they simultaneously increased the costs of diamonds... Seems like they do a lot less with a whole lot more.

I'm not completely discouraged by their lack of creativity mind you, they did add some cool features since the team changed (GE and GE vs. other guilds especially) but compared to the breakthroughs before, it seems they've run out of ways to "Inno" vate compared to before.

As opposed to advancing to new and imaginative eras, I always thought they'd "clear the clouds" on some of the older continental maps and maybe enrich the older eras. Making some of the older eras fun again would be a great way to encourage mature players to gain interest in eras like Iron-Modern again. There was a lot of fun in those eras but they grew old long before the release of GvG which is a shame because they have a lot of potential there.

I'm off on a few tangents at this point, I apologize. I just get upset and annoyed at such a sluggish approach to advancing the game forward.

I love cycling quests by the way. Before the cap on level 10 GBs was removed I was able to not only finish an era without having to make goods, but I was well stocked for the next one (this was with a level 10 Chateau as opposed to 70 which is the current level of mine), not to mention all the medals, FP Packs (miniscule since the Arc was invented but still a lot back then).

DeletedUser8150

Anything on the special good type (or did i miss it in the posts?)

DeletedUser8767

Terracotta Army GB? hmmmm...
X_SS_VirtualFuture_Landmark1.png

5x7 Size...?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8150

5x7 Size...?

Hard to scale isn't it. My thought was 5x7 but perhaps if its areally good mil it might be much bigger. (We've had nothing since Traz thats super large) So much of what seems reasonable is how powerful it is. Until we gget something on the grape vine about potential bonus its hard. We've been having new bonus's of recent. I might be alone but i'd be very happy if I could get extra attacking army defence as like most people my A/D is badly balanced. Perhaps as the Gb is an 'army' we get an extra unit #pigsmightfly

DeletedUser5097

Looks like GB is mil then!
Indeed, seems to be a ghost army. Ghost armies are a defensive tactic to trick
spies thinking their army is much larger than it is. In the history it was used
often, but also in the current day e.g. with fake tanks that satelits can see as
an large army of tanks.
So maybe a GB that provides att/def. bonus for defensive armies and attacking
armies. Since this type of warfare works on both sides, but mainwhile is a passive
deffensive tactic. Another possibility is maybe unlocking the second defensive
army. Since the npc's got a second army in PME for a reasson: it was too eassy.:p

They did I believe in the annouchement of AF p1. This where their reassons:
Main reasson: Releassing faster new content
Secondary reasson: Building up this new type of age (AF) with players' feedback

The last one did kind of work out for OF, but AF became simply a mess. Looking to the time
of rellease of OF parts and the fast appearance of VR I believe it works. Otherwise we may
had to wait 1 year for every new age, if not longer. I think not many will wait that long. People
how want that can also simply stick in OF till VR is fully relleased since it's the same as when
they would rellease it as an entire age.

DeletedUser

5x7 Size...?

I´ll say 6x10 looking at the graphic size.

Edit: If u imagine SoK´s placed in the end where the horses are, then the horses would be pretty small if it was only 2 SoK´s, 3 would be more in line with size.

DeletedUser7942

I feel as though they got lazy after Anwar died and rather than release the same amount of techs per year over various eras they modified them to much fatter eras. Less troops to create, battlefields, goods... the same thing gets boring after a while. Just as they stopped adding additional GvG Maps, They're cutting funding on the newer eras to save money while they simultaneously increased the costs of diamonds... Seems like they do a lot less with a whole lot more.
idk, I don't think you can really put so much on one person really. Not really too sure how the gaming industry works but I'm guessing it's not so different than any other business where you have the creative v business. I'm sure engineers of all sorts go through much frustration at management saying they want this or that for this amount of cost with no idea as to what they're really saying and the engineers just make do and hope not to get blamed.

DeletedUser7942

Anything on the special good type (or did i miss it in the posts?)
I don't think anything about that is mentioned yet though I'm betting they'll be one, perhaps we'll be making it on a replicator.

replicator3.gif

oh wait, on second look there's 5 goods building listed and this one seems to stand out

G_SS_VirtualFuture_Goods2.png

I wonder if that's the new launch pad for the special good, going in the earth I guess maybe.

260px-Aurichalcite-Calcite-aur08b.jpg

Aurichalcite maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurichalcite don't know, take your pick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minerals

this ones pretty

220px-Barite-Malachite-denv08-37a.jpg

meh, on third look it looks like a building for this good probably regular khfgfg.PNG

and now that I think about it I know why it's not there, because it will come with the second tier VF2.

DeletedUser5097

Thanks a lot. I think I just located the new map. It's hidden in an excisting continent.
If you pay the modern era map an visit and look carefully under te clouds, you may
see that an part is a bit red glowing.
I wasn't entire sure, but comparing the area with the serrounding provinces under
the clouds, it's clear for me that it has a red glow.
Map.png
It also makes a lot of sense for the map. While this era seems to be inspired by Japan
and China the modern era map has strong refrence with Japan, looking into the story
of Modern era. Also knowing that they are running out of continents, I think this is an
nice chooise. If this is the trueth for p1, this would perhaps explain why we don't see
an new continent yet.:)

What do you think, guys?

Julian24

Viceroy
Thanks a lot. I think I just located the new map. It's hidden in an excisting continent.
If you pay the modern era map an visit and look carefully under te clouds, you may
see that an part is a bit red glowing.
I wasn't entire sure, but comparing the area with the serrounding provinces under
the clouds, it's clear for me that it has a red glow.
Map.png
It also makes a lot of sense for the map. While this era seems to be inspired by Japan
and China the modern era map has strong refrence with Japan, looking into the story
of Modern era. Also knowing that they are running out of continents, I think this is an
nice chooise. If this is the trueth for p1, this would perhaps explain why we don't see
an new continent yet.:)

What do you think, guys?
Nope, thats the one: https://foezz.innogamescdn.com/asse...entmap/virtual_future/virtual_future_bg_0.jpg (just found it ^^)