• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Update 1.02.14877

DeletedUser

and now whats this?
my Lancer have a bonus of 145% = 98 Defence from where there EMA Unit get the chance of Retaliation Damage 0-1???

That's always been true. The mercenary gets an attack bonus against fast units, so it has enough attack to have a chance of doing damage, even to a 98 (or 100) defense lancer.

DeletedUser

Smart-Ass AI is what I would like to call it. I just went through my neighborhood and viewed a comedy session where the units were taking for their respective terrain. It didn't stop me, but if this were to hit the public servers, it might be fun at the same time I will have to make sure my guns are big if I want to go through without as much as a scratch.

DeletedUser3916

? from where u get the time of one hour? One healpoint need the time of 24 minutes...

1 hour to fight your entire neighbourhood of 80 people is what it takes as of know before this update at least that what it takes for me and I have not 150% bonus to attack and its just minor damage from the defender. I just lose a tiny part of all my army and its to little to set anyone back. Its take long to heal all units sure but they always have healed until the next PvP round.

I´m excited for the better ai finally its worth putting up a defence again and manage to win.
Great job with the update by the way!

DeletedUser3411

this update for troops make longrange worthless
there are some nice changes but now that all units wil atack your longrange they are not good anymore.

fOR EXAMPLE IF U ATACK WITH 6 OR 7 TREBS AND 1 OR 2 GRENADIERS OR EVEN JEAGER THE TROOPS FROM YOUR OPPONEMENT IGNORE THE GRENADIERS AND JEAGERS AND KILL LONG RANGE.

sorry for caps, but i think i let it this way. its a BIG change and i dont know if i will contineu pvp if it stays this way, i hope its a bug that all atacks your long range first

5 or 6 trebs and 2 or 3 muskets is now an verry good defence there the trebs will shoot first round and muskets second round on your langrange.
And u never know what the others defence is so again. long range becomes worthless this way

again big advantage for peopel who not atack. it kills pvp in my eyes. so plz change the way is gos now with the longe range

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

fOR EXAMPLE IF U ATACK WITH 6 OR 7 TREBS AND 1 OR 2 GRENADIERS OR EVEN JEAGER THE TROOPS FROM YOUR OPPONEMENT IGNORE THE GRENADIERS AND JEAGERS AND KILL LONG RANGE.

If you would have attacked another player with that kind of defence, wouldn't you have used the same strategy? I really don't get this, why do you want the AI to be dumber than a real player? Why do you want it to make decisions that you wouldn't have done as a player?

This is not a bad update, it's laziness from some players that are afraid to meet a smart opponent. Time to except that it won't longer be possible to lol-win, and I like that.

DeletedUser3411

If you would have attacked another player with that kind of defence, wouldn't you have used the same strategy? I really don't get this, why do you want the AI to be dumber than a real player? Why do you want it to make decisions that you wouldn't have done as a player?

This is not a bad update, it's laziness from some players that are afraid to meet a smart opponent. Time to except that it won't longer be possible to lol-win, and I like that.

if u would read good before reply then u would read that i dont want an dumb ai, but this change makes longe range useless because its now to easy to damage or kill with lots of defences. i like that they change the defence from the ai, it was dumb and i love that they change it and try out what makes it good. but i dislike that long range will become worthless.
THX for this update for the defence, i appreciate all the work :)
Just gived my 2 cents abouth longe range units after this change

DeletedUser

if u would read good before reply then u would read that i dont want an dumb ai, but this change makes longe range useless because its now to easy to damage or kill with lots of defences. i like that they change the defence from the ai, it was dumb and i love that they change it and try out what makes it good. but i dislike that long range will become worthless.
THX for this update for the defence, i appreciate all the work :)
Just gived my 2 cents abouth longe range units after this change

Artillery, a.k.a long range, are not useless, they might just have it a bit harder to win as easy as they did before :)

DeletedUser3411

Artillery, a.k.a long range, are not useless, they might just have it a bit harder to win as easy as they did before :)

says the guy with 4K points and who doesnt have longe range. If u cant test it out then u dont know how it gos if u use longrange

DeletedUser

This update is logical and maybe long overdue. It's the fact that it's been so delayed that made players lazy and content with overly simple tactics like 7 long range + 1 short range.

First off, a smart AI is the best preparation we can have for Guild Wars (unless they give us a smart new feature where we can go player-vs-player training battles where no one loses any troops). But that won't happen I guess, so a smart AI is the next best thing.

On another hand, battle is getting too boring. I mean, we're all happy to finish up sweeping the neighborhood within an hour and packing our 200K battle points with only 2 or 3 units lost max. But IT IS getting boring! A smart AI will only make things more interesting. And there's no need to freak out about losing edge, this update impacts all players the same. We ALL will face the same difficulty at PvP which will make us rethink troops and strategies.

However, where I join big moees, is that the battle is no longer realistic. In real life, long range units are protected by a "wall" of moving units who block enemy charging to get to the long range. The enemy has to "breech" through the first lines before they can try to reach and neutralize the long range in the back lines. Of course, unless they have long range themselves. So that long range aim at long range is totally normal. But that a regular infantry bypasses your first lines and only focus on your long range is not realistic.

DeletedUser

says the guy with 4K points and who doesnt have longe range. If u cant test it out then u dont know how it gos if u use longrange

Yes, this is the BETA server and I'm playing far from serius here. And yes, I currently don't have any artillery camps built becouse there havn't been any recent changes of artillery that I've wanted to try out. However, it's not particullary hard to figure out that artillery will have a harder time when hostal units makes much better use of the terrain, but they wont be useless. I'm not surprised that you find the AI so difficult if you need to use your artillery to draw that conclusion.

piohh

Baronet
A friend of me send me this picture... no more words

lol1sxl7.png

DeletedUser2752

Yea, long range are the last type of unit you research in every single age, so I expect it to have some sort of advantage over other units, but now I will have to be scared bringing breech loaders against something like 3 legionnaires and 5 balistas.

DeletedUser

However, where I join big moees, is that the battle is no longer realistic. In real life, long range units are protected by a "wall" of moving units who block enemy charging to get to the long range. The enemy has to "breech" through the first lines before they can try to reach and neutralize the long range in the back lines. Of course, unless they have long range themselves. So that long range aim at long range is totally normal. But that a regular infantry bypasses your first lines and only focus on your long range is not realistic.
While the whole of this well reasoned post deserves to be bumped, I have to agree wholeheartedly with this paragraph. A quick google of some notable battles throughout history will highlight how mixed artillery/infantry battles were actually fought. But if FoE wants to digress, so be it. Players learned how to overcome the AI before and can do it again... even Anwar's wife apparently :D

DeletedUser

In fact, here's a thought I had while driving 100 kilometers at the boring speed of 90 KM/H because they're testing new radars on that stretch of the highway. How about units that bypass your units to target further back units lose defense points. It could be something similar to the Howitzers gaining attack as they approach their target. Defense is diminished in function of how far behind your units an enemy unit went.
For example, I have a field gun and 5 spaces ahead of it a musketeer. An enemy ranger choses to avoid my musketeer and go straight for my field gun. Then, if I attack the ranger with my field gun, he gets his usual +35 defense. However, if I attack him with my musketeer who would be practically "shooting in his back", the ranger will get -10 defense, for an effective defense of 25 (+35 - 10).

After all, it's normal for units to be weaker from the back than from the front.

DeletedUser

there are some nice changes but now that all units wil atack your longrange they are not good anymore.

sorry for caps, but i think i let it this way. its a BIG change and i dont know if i will contineu pvp if it stays this way, i hope its a bug that all atacks your long range first

5 or 6 trebs and 2 or 3 muskets is now an verry good defence there the trebs will shoot first round and muskets second round on your langrange.
And u never know what the others defence is so again. long range becomes worthless this way

again big advantage for peopel who not atack. it kills pvp in my eyes. so plz change the way is gos now with the longe range

but..... but...... When I see longrange units in my opponent's defense, I'd aim at killing them first as well so they can't do any further damage - why on earth would you want to prevent the AI from doing the same now?! The AI is slowly beginning to earn the "i" in it's name, before the tweaks, it was rather an AS (artificial st00pidity).

That's quite funny indeed. I think my wife plays better than that.
Love that one ;-)

piohh

Baronet
You don't need Long Range Units in the future or you will lose each fight min. one. I delete my fieldguns first.

DeletedUser

wasnt it too easy to attack with 7 breach loaders and one grenadier and 105% bonus when all units goes for the attacking grenadier with a defense of 82 where they made at most 1 damage ?

people abused the "bug" that everyone goes for the grenadier and ignored the 7 other enemies
thank you for changing this :eek:

piohh

Baronet
yes but at this time a defence units ignore your units and attack only long range units first... sure thats more real...
biggrin.gif